User avatar
LiarFox
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:03 am

[WSS] Wars of Succession first screenshots!

Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:15 pm

Today we are ready to share a couple of screenshots taken from the current version of Wars of Succession, the upcoming wargame developed by Ageod!

The screenshots feature the political division of Europe at the beginning of the XVIII century, and an historical event allows a key alliance with Bavaria!

Please note that the screenshots show an alpha version of the game

Get more information about Wars of Succession from its official product page

[ATTACH]39384[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39385[/ATTACH]
Attachments
WSS_screenshot02.jpg
WSS_screenshot01.jpg

User avatar
deidaraakatski
Sergeant
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:59 am
Location: Menifee, California USA

Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:16 am

I'm ready for this, one of the first in line to grab this up as soon as it is available. Absolutely love this era, and Wars of Succession will finally allow me to relive the historical breadth of this era yet ! Spain awaits me, I shall make Spanish Monarch triump ! :)

iandes
Conscript
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Looking great, also love the setting. Looking forward to the game!

User avatar
PhilThib
Posts: 13142
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:21 pm
Location: Meylan (France)

Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:43 am

deidaraakatski wrote:I'm ready for this, one of the first in line to grab this up as soon as it is available. Absolutely love this era, and Wars of Succession will finally allow me to relive the historical breadth of this era yet ! Spain awaits me, I shall make Spanish Monarch triump ! :)


Thanks...but you will make a 'Bourbon' monarch triumph...in this game, you play France+Spain as the Bourbons as 1 side, not the separate countries. Same thing on the other side (Grand Alliance). Diplomacy is handled via events.
Image

User avatar
marek1978
Captain
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:27 am

i see the map is preety mucj using WON structure - perhaps you can rething soome of the rivers - riverine transport playd much more important role in that war - sering river lines was quite important and channeled campaigns
for example mossele river was crucial in 1705 campaign

Chicken Spadge
Private
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:11 pm

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:06 pm

The WON map is a very nice one, but wouldn't it be a good idea to make this game look a bit more different?

I realise that you're still in the early stages.

Vadim
Corporal
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:01 am

Hello,


Beautiful and great news ! i will def. come back to Ageod after a hiatus of what, one year? one question (and a "traditional one" so to speak) = do you have already decide if it will be 1 month-turn, 15 days or ?

Thanks !

User avatar
nlancier
Sergeant
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:02 am
Contact: Website

Re: [WSS] Wars of Succession first screenshots!

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:16 pm

PhilThib wrote:
Thanks...but you will make a 'Bourbon' monarch triumph...in this game, you play France+Spain as the Bourbons as 1 side, not the separate countries. Same thing on the other side (Grand Alliance). Diplomacy is handled via events.

How it is played with 4 players i wonder ? War of Spanish Succession & the Great Northern War will be played in the same game at the same time, every player playing 1 great nation ? France+Spain, Grand Alliance, Sweden and Russia (and her allies) ? but then any relation (diplomacy) between 2 separate front nations ? for instance will any diplomacy be available between Russia & Grand Alliance or between France+Spain & Sweden if game is played with 4 players?
Battle on ..!
"La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!"
The Wargaming Club (TWC)
http://www.thewargamingclub.com

User avatar
PhilThib
Posts: 13142
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:21 pm
Location: Meylan (France)

Re: [WSS] Wars of Succession first screenshots!

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:06 pm

No, it is not (yet) plan like this...experience shows that game with 4-players and free-for-all diplomacy are messy, unmanageable and end-up in EIA-like simulations which are more Risk-like than anything else.

The team has for now planned only alliance-vs-alliance scenarios with no interaction beyond a few options.

Time and resource permitting, a real 4-player sandbox open campaign can be made, but it is not in the release list nor a priority.

User avatar
nlancier
Sergeant
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:02 am
Contact: Website

Re: [WSS] Wars of Succession first screenshots!

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:54 pm

Thanks for the reply Phil.

So i assume WSS will be 1vs1 only? but cant it still be 2vs2, alliance-vs-alliance with strict diplomacy as you mentioned above ..? i mean 2 players play France+Spain (one play France, one play Spain) and 2 players play Grand Alliance (one play Austrian Habsburg, one play Britain and the United Provinces etc) ? like in HPS/JTS games which are mostly 1vs1 games but when more factions available which can be played 2vs2 as well.

PhilThib wrote:No, it is not (yet) plan like this...experience shows that game with 4-players and free-for-all diplomacy are messy, unmanageable and end-up in EIA-like simulations which are more Risk-like than anything else.

The team has for now planned only alliance-vs-alliance scenarios with no interaction beyond a few options.

Time and resource permitting, a real 4-player sandbox open campaign can be made, but it is not in the release list nor a priority.
Battle on ..!
"La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!"
The Wargaming Club (TWC)
http://www.thewargamingclub.com

User avatar
PhilThib
Posts: 13142
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:21 pm
Location: Meylan (France)

Re: [WSS] Wars of Succession first screenshots!

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:44 pm

I guess it would work as long as no interaction is expected between the respective sides...i.e. no possible diplomatic action between any members of the GAL vs BOU match (Western conflict, War of Spanish Succession) and the ASW vs SWA (Sweden vs enemies, Great Northern War)

Return to “News from AGEod”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests