jack54
Brigadier General

A couple of questions..?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi all,

Is it possible to send a General (or Troops) to a port, board some ships and then have the ships sail that same turn or do you have to wait until the 15 day turn plays out. ( I believe it's possible but the process eludes me; usually the ships sail without waiting...:bonk :)

Is there any benefit to having leaders in charge of certain brigades, i.e., Meagher and the Irish Brigade, Stonewall and the Stonewall Brigade, Schurz and Schurz Cavalry... or is this only for Flavor.

Thanks!
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ace

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Yes it is, but not exactly in a port. IF ships are located outside the port at sea, and your force is in adjacent region, you can set your troops to merge with ships. Then order your ships to go somewhere. Your ships will wait for the troops to board (usually 5 days), then sail away to the destination.

jack54
Brigadier General

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks ... adjacent regions only with ships 'out of port'....(oh well, no hopping on a train in Philly PA going to Queens NY boarding a ship and sailing.)..... it was worth a try anyway! :)
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Civil War II”