As Japan in Early December 1859:
- I control all of Tonkin, and have for many years, with only one Tonkinese Army running around in Cambodia but:
- though I have 100 percent military control I still can't build forts or Anchorages;
- I can build an Arms Factory or any other type of industry but I can't build an Anchorage- seriously?
- I can build a coal or mineral mine/field but can not build a fort, is that WAD?
- Warscore remains at 102 despite defeating the sole Tonkinese unit periodically- no units lost so he replenishes which is fine;
- Tough to move and engage in Monsoons, Heavy Rain and other adverse weather- so an interesting cat and mouse;
- I can build Depots as well;
- But without Anchorages or Forts I might as well give up the game;
- I've been there so long in Tonkin that loyalty towards Japan has started;
- I have more of an issue in Japan with Rebels than I do in Tonkin- at this point only loyalty towards the Rebels, no units thus far;
- In Annam I control Tourane, Pleiku, Hue and have for maybe a year, but:
- No Warscore is displayed;
- Same situation as Tonkin with 100 percent MC, in regards to Forts and Anchorages;
- Depots can be built;
- Industry can be built;
- Mining or Agri can be built;
- Haven't been there long enough for Loyalties to change, yet;
- One province appears to be held by France;
- Only 2 provinces left to conquer- just waiting for the weather to abate.
- I have been shuttling Supplies back and forth from Japan to Vietnam, have Merchant and Transports in the appropriate MTB's;
- Have built 4 depots in Tonkin and one in Annam, thus ammo is fine, but serious issues with Supply;
- The weather wreaks havoc on my Junks primarily; other Transports fare better but lose cohesion rapidly;
- I can harbor in Chinese ports to regain cohesion, but the process is lengthy and difficult due to weather;
So a few things are NOT working as described in the manual; and are not realistic in any sense. I'm almost at the point of giving up and restarting with a new power.
Does anyone have experience with Japan (Kensai? Loki?) to confirm that this is working as designed?
Or does anyone know where in the data files I can amend this? Or is my game just broken?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.