stww2
Civilian

Critical Error During Turn Transition

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:26 pm

When I try to advance to the next turn, I get the following critical error (please see the screenshot linked below):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuPbxH5JDUrggfZoI2eJgGaErgHWfw

I have tried launching the game in administrator mode, but this does not alleviate the problem. This error has occurred with increasing frequency during the course of my campaign play-through. In the beginning, it would only happen if I tried to advance two turns without restarting the game. Now, it happens almost every turn, which, for obvious reasons, makes the game more or less unplayable.

Durk

Re: Critical Error During Turn Transition

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:15 am

What I find with the newer titles is that I often get this error if I play more than one turn. So my solution is to exit and reenter the game. If that does not work, take the longer exit Windows and resume play. I think there is a cache which finally empties when your restart your computer.

stww2
Civilian

Re: Critical Error During Turn Transition

Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:38 pm

Thanks. Restarting the game does appear to allow the turn to process without error. This is an extremely inefficient solution, however; surely there is some other way to reset whatever file or setting needs to be restarted for the game to work.

Of course, as soon I started playing the game again (through the cumbersome process of restarting the game after every turn), I encountered another critical error: "Fleet Exception caught," which not only causes a CTD on turn transition but then prevents me from loading the game without rolling back to the previous turn. I figured this was a one-off and redid the previous turn (after the restarting the computer again), only to encounter the same error only with a different fleet!

I'm fairly discouraged at this point. I love this game so far, but trying to play it seems to propel me into a seemingly endless pit of bugs. Too bad I already played the game long past the limit for Steam refunds...

Return to “EAW Technical support / Aide technique”