bloodybisounours
Lieutenant

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:18 pm

Drakken wrote:Trust me, he LGG boardgame is much longer to set than your average boardgame. :nuts:

I know the last time I played it few years ago. It lasted 10 days, 8 hours per day... :tournepas
But there are some shorter... :coeurs:

clovis wrote:To the condition to get an opponent. In real life too, there are very busy peaople.

Yup it's for this reason I haven't played huge boardgame nor RTS for two years but only PBEM. :siffle:

Anyway it can be a great game without PBEM. I'm just saying I would prefer PBEM.
[CENTER]Image

R.A.A R.U.S[/CENTER]

Generalisimo

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:22 pm

Florent wrote:2 or 4 players...but can you play Solo against the IA ?
I' m about to change my configuration, is there any problem with Vista with Ageod games.
I have friend for or against Vista.
What is your experience as players ?Thanks

I have Vista installed, but i use the PC mostly to work, not many games on it.
My list of games installed right now is:
-Futbol Manager 2008
-WIA
-AACW
-Medieval Total War 2
-Victoria: Revolutions

I didn't had any problem with them...
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:50 pm

Yes, please see message number 3 of this thread.

Regards,

Korrigan
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Nikel

Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:03 pm

I' m about to change my configuration, is there any problem with Vista with Ageod games.
I have friend for or against Vista.
What is your experience as players ?Thanks

I have vista installed.

I have no problems with it, about AGEod games, I can only talk about NCP and works just fine.

But you have to know that Vista needs more resources than XP, at least 2GB RAM is recommended, if you can get more, better. IMHO there is no reason to use Vista, unless it is preinstalled in your computer (Dell and perhaps others still allow you to choose Vista or XP) or you just want to use the last OS.

WhoCares
Lieutenant

Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:59 pm

One thing regarding the map orientation, while it might be odd at first sight it also has its advantage:
Have a look at you monitor, it has an aspect ratio of 4:3, 16:9 or 16:10. If we now look at the frontiers of WW1 they are more or less oriented from North to South.
So with this tilted map you actually get more of the frontier on your screen than you would get if it had the 'traditional' orientation.
:bonk: :tournepas :nuts:

alexander seil

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Franciscus wrote:Well, so there are 2 points that are bringing some disappointment to this community about this coming game: the map orientation - and I promise that I will not talk about it anymore after this post :siffle: , but I do feel that it is a poor game design choice - and the lack of PBEM. This last to me is not important. On the other hand, what I do expect is a strong AI, in Ageod's tradition.

(PS: @ Alexander seil:

OK. What would you have thought of Great Invasions with a sideways map on your monitor ?? :tournepas :bonk: )

Different setting. I can think of a sideways map in this context as a physical map on a table :fleb:

Sol Invictus

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:43 pm

No PBEM; not a problem, so long as the AI is up to keeping me honest and engaged and not sleepwalking through the game. :grr: As a matter of fact, as long as the game has a decent AI, I prefer to play solo because I can then engage in some long and continuous sessions of play. I can't imagine a more pleasant way to spend a winter evening than crushing the Russian hordes with my Teutonic warriors while sipping my favorite German lager. :gardavou:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Franciscus

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Sol Invictus wrote:No PBEM; not a problem, so long as the AI is up to keeping me honest and engaged and not sleepwalking through the game. :grr: As a matter of fact, as long as the game has a decent AI, I prefer to play solo because I can then engage in some long and continuous sessions of play. I can't imagine a more pleasant way to spend a winter evening than crushing the Russian hordes with my Teutonic warriors while sipping my favorite German lager. :gardavou:

+1 :cwboy:

keith
Sergeant

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:34 pm

according to previous posts on this thread at least there will be no pbem and that is a huge disapointment to me and i would guess to many other ageod supporters. I will probally still buy the game but i have to say pbem is important to me and i hope that future ageod games will have pbem capability :p leure:

Rafiki

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:56 pm

I feel there is a need to point what has been said previously that this is not an AGE game (such as WIA, NCP and AACW), but an entirely new engine. This opens up for some pretty nifty possibilities (as Korrigan has started highlighting in separate threads), but also means that you'll perhaps not be seeing some of your favourite aspects of AGE games in WW1.

What I wish to ask, is that you have patience as more parts of WW1 get revealed over the course of time leading up to the release. What I hope is that if there are parts to WW1 that you find lacking or suboptimal, there will be other parst that more than compensate for it :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

boboneilltexas
Corporal

Looking forward to buying

Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:04 pm

I'm excited about this game but need more info.
For one grandsire stood with Henry,
On Hanover's Sacred sod,
And the other followed "Harry"
In the Light Horse' foremost squad.
And my grandsires stood together
When the foe at Yorktown fell;
"Stock" like this, against oppression
Could do naught else but REBEL.

Jeff Thompson - Brig Gen. Missouri

Rafiki

Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:08 pm

boboneilltexas wrote:I'm excited about this game but need more info.

Judging by this, you'll be getting it :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

CristoFire-Ice
Brigadier General

Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:17 pm

Mmh,no PBEM! :tournepas :grr: :grr:

I hope the AI will be more than excellent.
[color="DarkOrange"]"- Il est à vous ce boulet?" [/color]:grr:

Pocus

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:10 am

No PBEM does not mean no multiplayer. The game can be played by TCP/IP with friends, rest assured.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Florent

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:58 pm

Is La Grande Guerre the secret project ?

arsan

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:25 pm

Florent wrote:Is La Grande Guerre the secret project ?

Not anymore! :wacko: :innocent:

blackhorse
Conscript

Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:52 pm

Oh my goodness....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Consul_Mateus
Conscript

Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:54 pm

I sadly sold the boardgame but I would gladly buy this PC version! :niark:

Yellowhammer
Major

Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:43 am

I'll probably buy LGG, sounds fascinating. I would also like to see an AGE version of WW1. Maybe y'all can leverage the research from LGG into an AGE game?

BTW, one of my ancestors was 'over there'. He brought back a German sword which I now own (but don't tell anyone, since it was against regulations :)

Mosby
Lieutenant

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:42 pm

I am soooo going to pick this up at launch. There is nothing that I love more than the thought of playing a great ww1 game.

As for the map, once I figured out what I was looking at (now I know how some of you feel when you look at the US map) it made a ton of sense. It made me realize just how much Italy looks like a boot.
"Have you got the rascal?" "No but he has got you!"

andatiep

Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:17 pm

Yellowhammer wrote:I'll probably buy LGG, sounds fascinating. I would also like to see an AGE version of WW1. Maybe y'all can leverage the research from LGG into an AGE game?

That's my big hope too !!!
I started the mess with the PBEM, but be sure i will anyway buy it and test it in LAN with few fanatics. I just will have to wake up each day with a big big hope... :o an AGE version of WW1 :coeurs:

Yellowhammer wrote:BTW, one of my ancestors was 'over there'. He brought back a German sword which I now own (but don't tell anyone, since it was against regulations :)

Sooo lucky you're :thumbsup: . Ours did 1870, 1914 & 1939 and didn't let even a piece of shoes... :( . But thanks to this, regulation works very well since 1945 here ;)
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Jojo le Gouffy
Captain

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:11 pm

Au fait comme ça en réfléchissant...
Il serait peut-être possible de faire un jeu napoléonien (du genre campagne complète) en modifiant quelque peu le moteur de ce jeu sur la grande guerre..
Mais je dis peut-être n'importe quoi :wacko:

With some modifications, it could be possible to make a napoléonian game with the engine of this one (j'espère que mon anglais n'est pas trop de cuisine).
But it could be a silly idea :wacko:

PhilThib

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:49 pm

et pourquoi pas la seconde guerre mondiale tant qu'on y est... :neener: :wacko: :love:

WW2 maybe ?? ;)

Palpat
Colonel

Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Ben ouais, des jeux avec les panzers, c'est vrai que ça manque... C'est absolument pas ce qu'on trouve partout! :siffle:

bloodybisounours
Lieutenant

Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Palpat wrote:Ben ouais, des jeux avec les panzers, c'est vrai que ça manque... C'est absolument pas ce qu'on trouve partout! :siffle:

Un bon et beau jeu grand stratégique avec des panzers sur ordi on en trouve pas partout... :)
[CENTER]Image

R.A.A R.U.S[/CENTER]

Serpent77
Sergeant

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:17 pm

I have a question - will the October revolution in Russia be implemented and if yes - what happens next? Will it mean defeat and game over for Russia player or he'll be able to continue the game with the new government? Will it be possible to have the revolution before or after the historical year if conditions allow?And what about the civil war that followed the revolution?

PhilThib

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Revolution will be in the game...for all nations (why not "only" ;) for Russia)...

During Revolutions, there might be continuation of war (like after the Feb 17 revolution in Russia) or there can be a lull, or a separate peace, or a collapse.... :cool:

Yoi

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Moi ce que je pense c'est que ce jeu il y aura la possibilité de faire enfin un jeu sur la révolution russe de 1917... Et ca c'est original et vraiment sympa...
(De même la révolution espagnole n'a jamais vraiment été traité et pourtant elle est tellement riche mais la ça demanderait un autre système de jeu car militairement c'est déjà la seconde guerre mondiale)

Enfin si l'idée fait son bonhomme de chemin je suis pas contre filer un gros coupe de main :)

And now in english :bonk:

When i see this game i think all is ready to creat after a game for the russian révolution ... Original never a game on this real interseting périod...
(and in a military point of view, the système of war is the same of the first world war)

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:06 pm

“World War One : La Grande Guerre 14-18” (WW1) will be released on November 11th, 11:00 AM (GMT+1), for the exact peace signature 90th anniversary of the Great War.

Just hope not having to wait till 24th May 2009 to see it released in Italy!
24th may 1915 is the date Italy entered war against Central Empires!

Adlertag

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:18 pm

jastaV wrote:Just hope not having to wait till 24th May 2009 to see it released in Italy!
24th may 1815 is the date Italy entered war against Central Empires!

1815 ?! You are very in a hurry to enter fight... I thought Italy was categorized into the "Triple Waiting" (as opposed to Triple Entente)countries before entering war.
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”