Nico71
Civilian

Leader portraits

Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:47 pm

I have just installed NCP with 1.04b, but I have immediately noticed that the corps leaders aren't displayed on the map counters. Instead, some division leaders of the same corps are displayed, or even supply wagons! When I click on a corps, the unit portraits are displayed properly on the bottom of the screen. Did I miss something?

Nikel

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Can you post a screenshot?

arsan

Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:10 pm

I missed this post! :bonk:
Nico
What you report is very strange!
On previous AGEOD games (AACW and BoA i think) there was a game option that alowed you to chose betwen showing the leaders portrait or the on map counters or the portrait of one of the units of the stack.
That second option seems to be what you report.
But on NCP that option is not there anymore. Leaders on top are the default.

Still this can be changed by manually editing the general.opt file you find on
C:\Program files\Napoleon's Campaigns\NCP\Settings

Have you made some editing on that file?
Mayeb you changed that by mistake...
You can open the file with notepad and check how its set now. Look for this lines

6. *** Display options ***
LeaderOnTop = 1

If instead of a 1 you have a 0 on that line i bet the units will show instead of the leaders. I
f this is the case, try to put a 1 back there, save changes and launch the game to see if it works

In any case it's very strange you have this problem without manually editing the file.
The patch did not caused problems like this on my installation. nd I have not seen any other similar reports...
Hope it helps anyway! :cwboy:

Regards!

Nico71
Civilian

Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:34 am

Hi Arsan!

Yes, that was the problem! However, the line that you've mentioned wasn't there, and it wasn't in any other of the files either. So I simply added it. And now it works!

I have no idea what went wrong. I didn't edit these files; in fact, until now I didn't even know that they exist! It was a fresh install with 1.04b on top of it. Weird.

For now I would say: "problem solved!"

Thank you!

arsan

Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:08 am

Weird indeed!
I did the same installation process than you (fresh reinstall plus 1.04b) and had no problems at all!
Maybe its was some strange file corruption issue or something :bonk:
In any case, glad it worked! :cwboy:
And sorry for the delay in answering! I didn't noticed you post until Nikel :hat: brought it up!

Regards!

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”