Rafiki

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:04 am

Last log-on to the forums was 2 days ago; let's give it a couple of days more :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Lonster
Corporal

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:45 am

....could I suggest once again, that it would be nice if there was an agreed upon system for making a move for someone when they are AWOL (maybe after a turn has stagnated for a couple days or a week {first send them an email, and if no reply after two days, make their move}). The president (or someone else....the pres makes a move if the west is missing...the west does the move if the east is missing....and the east does the move if the pres is missing.....or something similar) could make the moves for that turn and then you would have another week for the missing person to recover from that terrible distraction called "Life". Hopefully a person would only miss one turn and then the project could hope to stick to a turn/week schedule. I'm sure we could find some historical justification for the game-hiccup....changing of CICs.

We are entering vacation season and I can see this campaign sputtering and/or dying if the whole thing can be held up by one person being on vacation. Or heaven forbid that person A is on vacation (who needs to make the first move....and so everyone waits) and then 1-2 weeks later gets the move to person B, who is just starting their vacation.

just some rumblings from the peanut gallery :tournepas

{this may also be a good time for people to reevaluate if they have the time to commit to the project, and maybe call for a sub, if this is not a good time for them. We all have life issues and understand that sometimes computer games/campaigns may not be a priority for the time being.}

Rafiki

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:59 am

OK, since we haven't heard from Solo since, I say that Banks6060 do the orders in his place, under the supervision of Coregonas (as expressed via the CSA war room).

Lonster, it's a good suggestion to have a more formalized "HOWTO" on how to handle this, and I'll think about it a bit and see what I can suggest to the players :)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Who will need to take care of his AAR? I'll get his orders done this afternoon and get them to Core ASAP.

Rafiki

Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Leave solo's AAR for him to update as he sees fit. A late update to a single AAR doesn't slow or hinder the game or the other AARs in any way :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:45 am

Turn 6 has been resolved and turn-files for turn 7 have been sent out to the teams.

No major battles yet, but loads and loads of minor battles and skirmishes across the map this turn.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Jabberwock

Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:34 am

Cool! :cool: The rebs thought they would throw me off my game by taking a break. Now I can demonstrate that I don't need to be be on top of my game to make irascible commentary, ludicrous suggestions, and insane demands. :niark:
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:55 pm

It's Aliiiiive!!! It's Aliiiiiiiive!!! [SIZE="4"]IT'S ALIIIIIIVE!!![/size]

Rafiki

Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:48 pm

Banks6060 wrote:It's Aliiiiive!!! It's Aliiiiiiiive!!! [SIZE="4"]IT'S ALIIIIIIVE!!![/size]

Indeed. Now prove it in your AARs!! :cwboy: :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi GC players,

Just a quick word to let you know that the word in the audience [Non players]thread is that you should decide to replace players who just disapear.

It's your game and it's up to you to decide, but when someone has not even connected himself to the forum for 3 weeks, it's time consider him MIA and enjoy your game with his substitute for the greater pleasure of all.

AGEOd has opened a special public forum for you as the GC demonstrates the richness and depth of AACW gameplay. I think the Grand Campaign is a unique experience to be played and read. However, I also think this privilege implies some kind of self-organisation from the GC players.

Cheers,

Korrigan
Dura lex sed lex
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Jabberwock

Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:18 pm

We had some previous volunteers, I'd try to contact them before putting out a general call.
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

Lonster
Corporal

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:17 am

On the bright side.....the west has been the least documented and so I would think it would be ok to recruit a new volunteer even if they have been reading the AARs. (or we could think of them having an unusually good spy network that has just been compromised).

Bring in the subs :indien: , and lets get this thing rolling again.

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:38 pm

I've got everything ready for my AAR....next post is forth coming this afternoon or tonight. With respect to my friend Soloswolf....I just think it may be time for him to either bow out gracefully here on the forum....or for his replacement to be put to a vote.

Perhaps we could do the same for every member who has been MIA....once we vote to replace someone...THEN place the call for volunteers.

It's beauracratic yes....but I think it might be the only fair way to get it done. I don't wanna just boot someone without a majority opinion to that affect backing up the booting.

johnnycai
Major

Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Gents,
I will be updating the Union-West AAR this evening.
Sorry for the delay, the reasons are too numerous too mention.

General Cai

AndrewKurtz

Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:42 pm

johnnycai wrote:Gents,
I will be updating the Union-West AAR this evening.
Sorry for the delay, the reasons are too numerous too mention.

General Cai

Ditto regarding the delay.

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:45 pm

Sorry boys but 2 weeks on travel with some problems with connection-time this weeks.

I ve now on a coffee-hotel-pc... hope get time in a couple days

Lonster
Corporal

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:05 am

So was a sub found......or will the next turn also take a month waiting around before someone steps in to get the turn processed?

Rafiki

Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:31 am

Unless soloswolf is heard from, Banks will place his orders this turn too. We won't be waiting as long as we did last round.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Lonster
Corporal

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:02 am

Rafiki wrote:Unless soloswolf is heard from, Banks will place his orders this turn too. We won't be waiting as long as we did last round.

if nothing is heard from him, then isn't about time to start putting into place a better solution(calling for a replacement).....I would think these delays would also cause the active players to forget where they are in the game.....and gradually bleed away interest and excitement for the campaign.

Rafiki

Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:07 am

Right now, there is a fair amount of activity on both sides, so I'm not worried about the rest of the players. As for soloswolf, if we don't hear from hhim by next turn, I'll start the process of finding a replacement

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

johnnycai
Major

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:29 am

Soloswolf is CSA CiC -West correct??

cobraII
Captain

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:38 am

yes he is

Rafiki

Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Union orders are IN

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:53 pm

I did sent orders a couple days ago...

Sorry but seems mail title was badly written .... something like Turn 7 president order only....

Rafiki

Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:04 pm

Yeah, I took that to mean that Banks' orders were missing.

I'll process later tonight :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:37 pm

Rafiki wrote:Union orders are IN

Actually, they weren't ;)

(CSA is IN, so we just need to wait for a new mail from the Union)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:19 am

By now, Banks is doing all land orders, myself doing moves on our small Naval fleet & economic orders.

We should really try to get a new player... to get back to the original idea.

Rafiki

Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:21 am

I'm looking into things, and I'm optimistic about them :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

AndrewKurtz

Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:53 pm

Rafiki wrote:Actually, they weren't ;)

USA should be in now. Let me know if you have not received.

Rafiki

Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:42 pm

Sorry, I haven't :(

Can you try re-sending?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Return to “American Civil War, The Grand Campaign”