muddymonkey77
Captain

Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Is there any update on getting the Naval Battles in BOA fixed yet?

EDIT: Oops! I didn't notice 1.13d up there. Nevermind!

Ayeshteni
Captain

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:33 am

Love being able to have the pointer keep up with my mouse movements. Makes BOA enjoyable again. Such an improvement with so 'little' a thing.

Many thanks!!!

Ayeshteni

Ardie
Captain

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Err...the training works kinda but the trained militia units won't change their status into regular ones.

The continental regulars (untrained vanilla) won't turn into undisbandable (is that a word?) trained regiments.

Also at the early turns of a campaign the training seems to be global as even miniscule militia garrisons are trained and they are not under the command of a training officer.

So when I'm playing as the Americans I cannot collect a core group of trained regiments as they all disband.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:28 am

Ardie wrote:Err...the training works kinda but the trained militia units won't change their status into regular ones.

The continental regulars (untrained vanilla) won't turn into undisbandable (is that a word?) trained regiments.

Also at the early turns of a campaign the training seems to be global as even miniscule militia garrisons are trained and they are not under the command of a training officer.

So when I'm playing as the Americans I cannot collect a core group of trained regiments as they all disband.

I saw this in my next turn of the BOA French & Indian War Mod AAR. Seems to be global. Can send save games if needed. Thought it was something I had done in modifying.

Pocus

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:16 am

Experimented militias can mutate in their trainupg type spontaneously though...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ardie
Captain

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:49 pm

Pocus:

Yeah but it's no use even if only the elements are trained if the REGIMENT (whose elements have been trained) doesn't get upgraded as they are disbanded in January just like vanilla militia units.

Pocus

Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:16 pm

the regiment will 'mutate' to another type, once at least 50% of its elements have changed. Stroke of bad lucks can happen though...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ardie
Captain

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Pocus:

Really? As I haven't seen that in 3 different campaigns. That's 8 years of game time so I don't think it's bad luck....something is not working.

Pocus

Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:08 pm

I'm willing to double check, but I need the turn (and the turn before) + the name of the unit which disbanded and was made of at least half elements which are not native to the unit (eg a militia unit with 2 elements converted to continental).
I can thus check if the unit tried to change to a continental regiment.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:01 am

Here's my latest run through of my FIW mod. Units under Washington are training correctly, one at a time. The problem is that after the first unit is trained under Washington, other units, including garrisons, that are not under any command at all (Carolina Volunteers trained into Provincials by themselves even when their model does not allow training) are getting 'trained' too. If it is a problem with my unit files I understand...but I did not change any of the Garrison models and they all train spontaneously. Could it be with the switch I did from 12 to 24 turns per year?
Shooting in the dark here.
EDIT
Forgot that my FIW Mod Files are needed...so here is what I am seeing. Anybody else?

1st training is under Washington...ok, but he seems to have a 100% chance to train a unit per turn.
2nd is the Charlotte Garrison. No commander. un-modified garrison unit.
3rd is the Carolina Volunteers militia regiment. No commander. modified unit that does not allow unit to be trained. Trained every turn for four turns until provincial status reached.
4th is the Ft. Chriswell Garrison. No commander. un-modified garrison unit.
5th is the Wilmington Garrison. No commander. un-modified garrison unit.

Also ran through a Clean 1.13d 1777 Saratoga Campaign. No mass training of Garrisons witnessed, but I did have the 4th Continentals (side window shows Infantry) train into Trained Infantry (side widow shows Trained Infantry not Infantry (Trained). Wayne and Washington when not fighting always trained a unit or two whether militia or Continentals.
Attachments
1777 Saratoga0.rar
(602.04 KiB) Downloaded 542 times

Pocus

Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:08 am

I suppose this will be checked in the beta testing of BOA2 then.

lodilefty

Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:51 pm

lightsfantastic wrote:Here's my latest run through of my FIW mod. Units under Washington are training correctly, one at a time. The problem is that after the first unit is trained under Washington, other units, including garrisons, that are not under any command at all (Carolina Volunteers trained into Provincials by themselves even when their model does not allow training) are getting 'trained' too. If it is a problem with my unit files I understand...but I did not change any of the Garrison models and they all train spontaneously. Could it be with the switch I did from 12 to 24 turns per year?
Shooting in the dark here.
EDIT
Forgot that my FIW Mod Files are needed...so here is what I am seeing. Anybody else?

1st training is under Washington...ok, but he seems to have a 100% chance to train a unit per turn.
2nd is the Charlotte Garrison. No commander. un-modified garrison unit.
3rd is the Carolina Volunteers militia regiment. No commander. modified unit that does not allow unit to be trained. Trained every turn for four turns until provincial status reached.
4th is the Ft. Chriswell Garrison. No commander. un-modified garrison unit.
5th is the Wilmington Garrison. No commander. un-modified garrison unit.

Also ran through a Clean 1.13d 1777 Saratoga Campaign. No mass training of Garrisons witnessed, but I did have the 4th Continentals (side window shows Infantry) train into Trained Infantry (side widow shows Trained Infantry not Infantry (Trained). Wayne and Washington when not fighting always trained a unit or two whether militia or Continentals.

I'm seeing something like this in 1775 campaign. Washington hasn't arrived yet,but several garrisons and Militia units have had a 'Light Infantry' upgrade. I searched through the database, etc and can't find anything there that would control this (other than the unit ipgrade path), so I'm guessing the probability is set somewhere we can't get to.....

I'm running some of my mods (ports, c&c, Rangers), so I'll go back and rerun 'clean' to see if it happens without mods.

lodilefty

Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:33 pm

lodilefty wrote:I'm seeing something like this in 1775 campaign. Washington hasn't arrived yet,but several garrisons and Militia units have had a 'Light Infantry' upgrade. I searched through the database, etc and can't find anything there that would control this (other than the unit ipgrade path), so I'm guessing the probability is set somewhere we can't get to.....

I'm running some of my mods (ports, c&c, Rangers), so I'll go back and rerun 'clean' to see if it happens without mods.

1.13d with no patches. Pittsburg militia trains up an element on turn 1, Militias at Ticonderoga and at Boonesboro train elements up on turn 2. In all 3 cases, the militia appear to have 1 star of exerience prior to upgrade of the element. These are the exact same upgrades That I see with my mods running....

Is this WAD?

Attached saves with logs. (I simply executed turns, with no orders given to AME)

Pocus

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:30 am

Any experimented unit can switch to another TrainUpg model, with some chances (10%/level/turn).

lodilefty

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:46 pm

Pocus wrote:Any experimented unit can switch to another TrainUpg model, with some chances (10%/level/turn).

Thanks. Is the 10% a moddable varible?

Pocus

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Not for now, but you can ask in the WIA beta forum that it is exported for modding. ;)

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:59 am

Pocus: There was a great movie starring Daniel Day Lewis based on this Fenimore Cooper book. The battle scenes around Fort Pitt were awesome as well as the French perfidy! The massacre of the surrendered garrison was a stain on all who participated it it. :p apy:

Pocus

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:03 am

Never saw it, what is the name of the movie? I will need a french translation though :)

FLS

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:28 am

I'm not really sure, but I think it's "Le dernier des mohicans". ("The last Mohican" would be the english translation of the translated title in french :nuts: )

Pocus

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:39 am

Ah yes, I saw it twice, oops :)

arclight
Private

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:55 am

Hi Pocus,

I've used the patch, and mine shows as 1.12a, after D/Ling three times.

Is it me, my install?
"Who IS John Galt?"

Veritas Vos Liberabit

Pocus

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:33 am

When I get it, the zip presents me with this file

BoA_patch1.13d.exe

not you?

arclight
Private

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:47 pm

Pocus wrote:When I get it, the zip presents me with this file

BoA_patch1.13d.exe

not you?

Its there. I see that.

I found out my issue - some how, the link (from Windows Programs) I use shows the intro screen - it shows it patched to 1.12a.

I ran it off the EXE, and, VOLA! - 1.13d shows. So...... either the created link in the Programs list is funky, or, it didn't properly *link*.

Either way, I'll use my own link to the EXE and run that way.

All is good - just a shot from the hip...
"Who IS John Galt?"

Veritas Vos Liberabit

wryun
Sergeant

Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:40 pm

With regards the training issue, what seems to be happening for me is that:
  • French have more trouble training militia than British ;-) (ignore this one, probably a personal impression)
  • When the first element of a unit gets changed, it retains its state designation whilst all the rest changed to 'M' with no state assigned (whereas previously they may have been X's)
  • The type of the whole unit never changes, even when every element is trained

Is this correct behaviour? Is there any chance of getting it fixed if I post saves?

d0mbo
Private

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:17 am

Can anyone tell me if this patch is also distributed via Steam? i have that version of the game, but it will only update to v 1.12a.

Any response is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

d0mbo.

Primasprit

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:23 am

Hi d0mbo!

As far as I know is the Steam version not different from the others, so you can download the 1.13 patch here to update your version.

d0mbo
Private

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:34 am

wow, talking about a fast response :)

thanks, i'll download the patch and see if it works this evening.

Pocus

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:28 am

Do a double click on the BOA.exe and do not use the Steam shortcut if any, in case of troubles.

d0mbo
Private

Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Just wanted to let you know i have bought AACW and NPC at least partly because of your after sales support on these forums.

And... keep those patches coming :)

Regards,
d0mbo.

d0mbo
Private

Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:35 pm

hrrrrmmm... unfortunately i've run into a problem: the text saying i have won or lost has gone in the battle report window? Anyone else has this hapen?

Return to “Birth of America”