Guru80
Colonel

Error Message, what does it mean?

Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:36 pm

Everything looks correct in the file but what would cause the following error message?

Line 11230: => ApplyCreateUnit command, the unit Vaughan's Bde can't be merged with unit Vaughan's Bde the total SU exceeds the max number allowed.

Rafiki

Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:45 pm

I think it would help if you posted the script components you have that include any references to Vaughan's brigade?

It sounds like you have listed names for more elements than the unit can hold, though. SU = Sub-Unit (my guess)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

McNaughton

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:29 am

I think I remember an error from this before. Check to see if the division you have created actually has the correct number.

For exmaple, if you have the following in the scenario file...

StartUnit|3|uni_USA_Keim
uni_USA_BdeBM2PA
EndUnit|uni_USA_BdeBM5PA

That means the division that Keim is commanding must have 3 units (Keim and the 2 brigades). If you put in a larger or smaller number you could get errors. I believe your error is that you have a division created with only (say) 4 units, and you gave it the number 5, and it tries to unite Vaughan's brigade to itself (since there probably is no other unit in the stack).

You may have done something like this...

StartUnit|4|uni_USA_Keim
uni_USA_BdeBM2PA
EndUnit|uni_USA_BdeBM5PA

(the error here is that the scenario assumes that there are 4 units in the division, and sees only three, and tries to grab a 4th, but the only unit left in the stack to grab is a unit already in the stack, giving you the error).

Guru80
Colonel

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:53 am

Yeah it is from that, it has to be except I can't see my error..I have counted, re-counted and counted again and it should be 5....UGH...I am going to delete the division and do it over again. Had to run for a bit and just got back.......

Primasprit

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:57 am

If the problem persists post your script and I can take a look too. :cwboy:

McNaughton

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:14 am

Guru80 wrote:Yeah it is from that, it has to be except I can't see my error..I have counted, re-counted and counted again and it should be 5....UGH...I am going to delete the division and do it over again. Had to run for a bit and just got back.......

Check to see the unit before it, and after it as well (just in case).

Guru80
Colonel

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:56 am

Ok, the actual units are not the right ones yet and the General images aren't either in this snippet (for the most part) Also, were I named the elements does it matter if they are named like that? Vaughan's Bde is the end of the Corp, next is one I haven't changed yet so there shouldn't be a problem with anything below it.

Until I edited this Corps everything was working perfectly.

CSA Cheatham's Corps Group LAND NULL NULL 0 $Tippecanoe, MS 0 0

CSA William B. Bate MakeHQ|uni_CSA_Hardee2 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL

CSA James A. Smith StartUnit|5|uni_CSA_Hindman NULL NULL Cleburne's Division NULL NULL NULL NULL

CSA Govan's Bde uni_CSA_Bde3AR NULL NULL Col. R. Shaver 2nd Arkansas|6th Arkansas|7th Arkansas|3rd Confederate|Swett's MS Bty NULL NULL NULL

CSA Smith's Bde uni_CSA_Bde3MS NULL NULL Brig.Gen. P. Cleburne 15th Arkansas|6th Mississipi|2nd & 5th Tennessee|22nd & 23rd Tennessee||Miller's TN Bty NULL NULL NULL

CSA Granbury's Bde uni_CSA_Bde2TN 5 NULL Brig.Gen. S. Wood 16th Alabama|8th & 9th Arkansas|27th & 44th Tennessee|3rd Mississipi|Harper's TN Bty|NULL NULL NULL NULL

CSA Lowrey's Bde EndUnit|uni_CSA_Cav1GA NULL NULL Col. T. Avery Avery's GA Cav. NULL NULL NULL

CSA D. L. Kenan StartUnit|3|uni_CSA_Withers NULL NULL Bate's Division NULL NULL NULL NULL

CSA Tyler's Bde uni_CSA_Bde2MO NULL NULL Maj. W.H. Wilkinson 37th Georgia|4th Georgia Sharpshooters|2nd-10th-20th Tennessee NULL NULL NULL

CSA Finley's Bde EndUnit|uni_CSA_Bde2TN NULL NULL Ltc Eli Washburn 1st-3rd Florida|4th Florida Infantry-1st Florida Cavalry (dismounted)|6th-7th Florida NULL NULL NULL

CSA Roswell S. Ripley StartUnit|5|uni_CSA_Hindman NULL NULL Brown's Division NULL NULL NULL NULL

CSA Gist's Bde uni_CSA_Bde2KY NULL NULL Col. H. Field 6th Georgia|46th Georgia|65th Georgia|2nd Georgia Sharpshooters|16th South Carolina|24th South Carolina NULL NULL NULL

CSA Maney's Bde uni_CSA_Bde2MO NULL NULL Ltc C. McKinney 4th Confederate-6th-9th-50th Tennessee|1st-27th Tennessee|8th-16th-28th Tennessee NULL NULL NULL
CSA Strahl's Bde uni_CSA_Bde3AR NULL NULL Col. J. Tillman 4th-5th-31st-33rd-38th Tennessee|19th-24th-41st Tennessee NULL NULL NULL
CSA Vaughan's Bde EndUnit|uni_CSA_Bde2TN NULL NULL Col. W. Bishop 11th & 29th Tennessee|12th & 47th Tennessee|13th & 51st & 52nd & 54th Tennessee NULL NULL NULL

Guru80
Colonel

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:27 am

Weird....I deleted the Vaughan's line, changed the StartUnit to 4 instead of 5 and put the EndUnit one line up and it works just fine. Changed it back to 5, added Vaughan again and it didn't work. Deleted Vaughan, added one I made up and it didn't work. Deleted it, changed it back to 4 and it worked.....ODD...

Any ideas?

Guru80
Colonel

Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:21 am

I THINK I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS!!!!!!

It has to do with how many elements all the units add up to. Each Division can only have 18 elements, if you go over that amount you get that damn error.

I have just been putting Random units as place holders until I finished everything else up. After getting that same error on 3 divisions now I started deleting the bottom Bde and work my way up and noticed after a couple getting deleted the error went away. Going to try and put the correct units in now and see what happens ;)

Yup, that was it....talk about a frustrating little error on my behalf :grr: Ok, now that I got all the kinks worked out let me finish this damn thing up, lol

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”