Hobbes

Tooltip delay

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi folks, I'm just starting to mess around with the game. The first thing that strikes me is how busy it is with so many pop-ups. Is there any way to delay the tooltips as there was in other AGEOD games as you move the cursor around the map?

Cheers,
Chris

Taillebois
General of the Army

Re: Tooltip delay

Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:11 pm

Ain't nobody here 'cept us chickens.

I couldn't stop the instant tool tips either.

Why do so many interfaces seem designed to annoy. Even as I write this there's a block on the right with those flickering jumping smilies.

Hobbes

Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:38 pm

Thanks Taillebois. We just have to put up with them then. It's quite annoying!

Chris

Pocus

Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:57 pm

Let me check with the Archon developer if there is a system setting somewhere ...

Personally tooltips are vital for me, so that they are instant are expected. I don't want to wait 2 seconds each time to verify an information. But clearly there are two school of thoughts here.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:52 pm

Hi Pocus,

Thanks for replying. On most Ageod games I play on medium delay - otherwise as I slowly move the cursor across the screen all manner of things are popping up to distract me.

-------

Maybe experts and game designers are too driven by what they think players should be doing and how they should play.

For instance, I like games with a random scenario generator; and I like to be able to replay a random scenario later from the other side. But as far as I am aware none of the games I have allow me to save the scenario at a point between its generation and having to choose which side I am playing.

I also wish it was possible with Ageod games to just re-arrange the opening pieces and start from there - I am not trying to show I am better than Caesar or Napoleon - just have a few hours amusement of historical themed "chess with a thousand pieces"
---

Anyway, even as they are, your games have given me much pleasure over the years.

Pocus

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:43 am

Believe me, I'm usually trying to cope with several players approaches, thus my love for option. Sadly for the Archon engine, it is not possible to delay tooltips.

Changing playing pieces would be a super major effort also. Not only in UI but how you would logically constrain this. Give me a 10-men team!

Hobbes

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:31 pm

Pocus wrote:Let me check with the Archon developer if there is a system setting somewhere ...

Personally tooltips are vital for me, so that they are instant are expected. I don't want to wait 2 seconds each time to verify an information. But clearly there are two school of thoughts here.

Hi Philippe, I just saw your reply for this and thanks for it. I've actually not gone back to the game because of how busy it is with tooltips when moving the cursor around the map (that and more likely time constraints and the 3D map - I much prefer a 2D map and counters). It's a first impression feeling for me - so back to WiAII :)
If it were possible a time delay option between 0.1 - 2 seconds would have been great.
I'm old school.

Cheers,
Chris

Amansinghh
Civilian

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:42 pm

I couldn't stop the instant tool tips either.
tntdrama.com/activate
Last edited by Amansinghh on Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pocus

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:17 am

I'll ask the game engine developer if that's easy to do. I would say yes, on his side, but he is deadly busy.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”