Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Re: Sons of War (RUS Gold Mod)

Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:35 pm

I'm sorry. There were many problems with my studies. Now I'll try to make mod workable.

The Lev
Sergeant

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:35 am

Excellent! If you would want to add some additional flavour to Ukraine in this timeframe I'm more than happy to help, having written my dissertation on the subject. It's mostly events and unit changes but I've given a lot of thought to it and practically have it all planned (My coding/modding skills have prevented execution of this intent)

Let me know if you're interested and I'll lend a hand on the history front (Commanders/events/decisions/units) for Ukraine!

P.S. If its' at all possible to make Wrangel playable in the Polish campaign that would be a (hopefully quick) addition to the game

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:45 am

Now it should work and not infringe copyright

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QF8K5 ... mqyfsHFsAq

Nikel

Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:23 pm

But it is 1,3G! :blink:

Francescopgg
Corporal

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:46 pm

I have downloaded the new mod, but I can't play any new game because it always say <<T.ListUnitDefs.Get ListUnitDefs Index out of range (Index/MaxIndex): 2060 1984>>; then it close the game.

Someone know what's goingo no on here?

Thank you

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:31 pm

I don't forget. I must take time to try finding you a solution. Yes it should be even more heavy to download.

Hero989
Private

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:54 pm

Great Mod idea. Is this MOD playable? Thanks.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:33 pm

Hero989 wrote:Great Mod idea. Is this MOD playable? Thanks.

It was playable last time:) if something is wrong - please PM me:)

luke2497
Civilian

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:04 am

Does this mod change the regional decisions (the decisions you can make on the map by clicking f7) in any meaningful way? If not, I may have some interesting ideas that you would like that could make be regional decisions more meaningful and impactful.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:04 am

luke2497 wrote:Does this mod change the regional decisions (the decisions you can make on the map by clicking f7) in any meaningful way? If not, I may have some interesting ideas that you would like that could make be regional decisions more meaningful and impactful.

Yes, there are some changes, but it would be interesting to know about your ideas

luke2497
Civilian

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:47 am

Zenvaro wrote:
luke2497 wrote:Does this mod change the regional decisions (the decisions you can make on the map by clicking f7) in any meaningful way? If not, I may have some interesting ideas that you would like that could make be regional decisions more meaningful and impactful.

Yes, there are some changes, but it would be interesting to know about your ideas

Love the mod by the way, just a few ideas:

regional decisions:

- should only be limited to 2 Conscriptions and 2 requisitions for each region during the whole campaign. (prevents spamming of conscription and requisition by players and AI. Makes a war of attrition possible (if you want to fight that way), losses in battle become more meaningful, and manpower becomes a more precious resource.)

- The conscriptions and requisitions should have only have half the value the 2nd time (example. 100 manpower conscripted the 1st time, 50 manpower the 2nd, this makes conscription more realistic by showing that there is less men in the region to conscript due to previous conscription. Same rules apply to requisitions. Should prevent conscription or requisition the 3rd time.)

- conscripting and requisitioning should take a larger loyalty hit it does now. Currently, players and AI can spam conscription and requisition without much loyalty loss. (why would people continue to support a side that requisitioned their property and forced conscription on their family?)

- I feel as though reforms for regions when playing as the eastern whites should cost more engagement points. I'm currently having no problem with the amount of engagement points and I feel that you should slightly lower the amount of regions you can do reforms at the same time when playing as the eastern whites.

More Ideas in general:

- Partial mobilization (in the mobilizations tab by clicking f3) should be limited to about 8 uses, then have the option gone forever. A person or AI can use that decision every turn for a long time. (and the AI typically does.)

- In general I feel as though manpower should be harder to acquire (as you can tell by some of my ideas above), this helps make battles more decisive and losses more important.

- These ideas (if added) should be equally applied to both the player(s) and the AI. (adding these rules to the AI helps makes things fair if someone wants to only play Singleplayer.)

P.S. - I'm not even sure some of these ideas could even be changed in the game, but if they could that would be great. Let me know what you think of my ideas. :)
Last edited by luke2497 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hero989
Private

Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:22 pm

@ Zenvaro:

Спасибо за ваш отличный мод.. What are the rules to place small and large Airfields? Thanks.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:48 am

A big update is coming soon. Everything is ready, but I need some time for tests.
What's new:
-Some of cities have been deleted, but maaaany cities have been added. In this case, I used data on which settlements had the status of a city at the time of the events.
-Many new Railroads and some changes in old. Here I used the map of the real railroads in Russian Empire
-There are much more cities with some special structures like military factories, barracks. military schools...etc (tried to make it historical, or logical too)
-I deleted some of unknown commanders, or the commanders, that were only the staffers, or some another cause. But more than 100 commanders were added to whites and reds. Now I hope there will be enough:)
-Redesigned initial troop location for all three scenaries.
-Some new events.
-A couple of a new option like the ability to create the Directory as an option for the Eastern Whites and to send 100 money to the another ally to both of whites.
-Changes in region decisions.
-Fixes of some bugs.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:21 pm

Zenvaro wrote:- the ability to send 100 money to the another ally to both of whites

It feels weird to me, for competiton and corruption reasons.
. I think competition between whites could be softened if the Komoutch is still alive, trying to be a proxy government for both whites where they can met in a 'neutral' area.
. About corruption, there were old posts somewhere (it is not simulated in this game).

So, to send 100 to the ally you have to send like 500 (the missing 400 is due to corruption and cross-purpose of the whites).

Hero989
Private

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:57 pm

@ Zenvaro: : When do you plan to release your Big Update? Спасибо.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:11 pm

ERISS wrote:So, to send 100 to the ally you have to send like 500 (the missing 400 is due to corruption and cross-purpose of the whites).

Thank you for the idea. Made 150. I think 500 is too many. A half of the sum is enough.

Hero989 wrote:@ Zenvaro: : When do you plan to release your Big Update? Спасибо.

It's hard to say. When I'm testing, I find some bugs, or change some features. By the way sometimes new ideas come to mind. For example now I'm making the update of subfactions of cossacks. There will be such subfactions like Terek cossacks, Kuban cossacks, Ural cossacks, Orenburg cossacks, Semirechie cossacks, Siberian cossacks, Zabaikal cossacks. Also, There will be Khiva Khanate, Bukhara Emirate and Bashkirs. The cossack subfactions will be ued by the new faction Cossacks. This is the faction of the cossacks that fight for independence from the united Russia. Their influence will rise, when the Whites choose Dictature way. Khiva and Bukhara subfactions will be under control of the new faction Basmachi (Their forces will consist of the Bukhara Emir, Khiva Khan and all the greens in the Caspian ). Bashkirs will fight for Whites, for Reds or for Independence (it depends on the decisions of the reds and the whites).

Hero989
Private

Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:10 pm

@ Zenvaro:; Thanks for making this game better and I look forward to your next Update.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:05 pm

A new version of the mod has been released. It’s quite difficult to describe innovations in detail, because for several months I did a whole bunch of new things that came to my mind. Here is a list of the biggest changes:

1. Updated map: Many new cities and buildings in them.

2. The railway network has been greatly supplemented in accordance with historical realities.

3. Added many new commanders to both factions of white and red.

4. The Basmachi faction has been added, which instead of the greens will represent power at the Asian Theater.

5. A Cossack faction has been added, which will represent the separatist movement and raise uprisings similarly to the green ones in the Cossack regions in case of reduced loyalty.

6. Cossacks are now divided into sub-factions and each sub-faction has unique units and commanders.

7. A more flexible political system for the Whites of the East. Now, by decision, you can go to the Directory.

8. Reforms and repressions now give 2 times less loyalty than they take away requisition and mobilization.

9. New events.

10. New options.

11. The new system of units. Now units of a new type are available in a new order:

For the Reds: in July 1919, in January 1921.

For whites of the east: after the arrival of Kolchak, after the assassination of Kolchak.

For whites of the South: January 19th, after leaving or killing Denikin.

At the same time, units of the old type are gradually removed. The units of the new type are slightly stronger than the old ones, but in general, the changes reflect a change in the military uniform.

For the future, an even larger campaign is planned (from the 1917th year).

Version 02/03/2020:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17fhVtS ... sp=sharing

Hero989
Private

Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:25 pm

@ Zenvaro:; Thanks for the Update. Look forward to the 1917 Campaign. :dada: :dada: :dada:

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:54 pm

Hero989 wrote:@ Zenvaro:; Thanks for the Update. Look forward to the 1917 Campaign. :dada: :dada: :dada:

Look forward your opinion about update :)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:04 pm

Zenvaro wrote:Look forward your opinion about update :)

It looks very nice work. (sorry not being much implied, I was sold bad hardware and lost many files, and this selling shop where I used to go then disappered, I think they knew they were selling their bad stuff before (not telling) closing)

picaron

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:20 pm

I have installed the mod and it doesn't work, it throws me to the desktop.

:hat: :wavey:

Fixed problem, you have to unzip the mod in the main folder by crushing the original files if necessary, it is recommended to copy the files. :wacko: :niark: :papy:

:wavey:
Last edited by picaron on Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:43 pm

picaron wrote:Here you have the updated mod of units that I made in your day in case it works for your mod (Здесь у вас есть обновленный мод юнитов, которые я сделал в ваш день, если он работает для вашего мода)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1saj0zf8iabcl ... s.rar?dl=0

:wavey:

Wow! picaron, these models are great! I had biiig problems with new pics because it's really not in my wheelhouse. But your pics are very beautiful! But there is one problem... Not all files from the "Land Units" folder have an analog in other folders (lad armies ad land portrets). Can we do something with this?

picaron

Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:09 am

You're right, give me time and I will, except the cavalry.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:40 pm

picaron wrote:You're right, give me time and I will, except the cavalry.

Hero989
Private

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:14 pm

@ Zenvaro:; I like your recent Update. I am playing Reds. Game is more of challenge especially in the Tashkent area. Great improvements in graphics and gameplay. Thanks for making this game better. Спасибо за то, что сделали эту игру лучше. :gardavou:

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:56 am

Hero989 wrote:@ Zenvaro:; I like your recent Update. I am playing Reds. Game is more of challenge especially in the Tashkent area. Great improvements in graphics and gameplay. Thanks for making this game better. Спасибо за то, что сделали эту игру лучше. :gardavou:

Thank you for playing:) There will be future updates with fixing some bugs and better graphics by comrade picaron:)

Hero989
Private

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:46 pm

@ Zenvaro:; I look forward to your next Update. Any specifics on your 1917 Campaign?

Terka
Civilian

Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:34 pm

Unfortunately doesn't work for me.
Game bugs out once you select "New Game" and crashes with infinite error messages once you select a scenario) all other buttons simply don't work).
Could it be a Win10 problem?

delcastel
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:28 am

après l'installation du mod j'ai un CDT . Comment faut il l'installé ?

Return to “RUS Mods”