Ebbingford

Legacy Points from Wonders

Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:30 pm

Playing as Rome.
I have built 3 national wonders. I also have 2 world wonders and a national wonder in Rome.
My legacy score however only shows either 1 or 3 legacy points from wonders, depending on when you look.
Sometimes it says 1, sometimes 3.
How is this meant to work?
Should I get 1 legacy point each turn for each world wonder? And another one for each national wonder?

Ebbingford

Re: Legacy Points from Wonders

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 pm

This turn I got nothing for wonders........

Pocus

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:13 am

There is nothing hard coded, you must check the building panel to see if and how many legacy points they provide. For example Campus Martius is a national wonder because there can only be one on map and only Rome can have it, but that's it, no extra legacy from it.

Ebbingford

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 am

OK, have started a new game as Rome again, (countless restarts, always a good sign for a good game for me :thumbsup: )
I have the two world wonders in Rome plus a national wonder. For the first few turns the tooltip on the legacy points score only showed legacy from objectives.
It is now showing one legacy point per turn from unique structures and wonders.
But nothing has changed in my game, I still only have the original ones that Rome starts with.
Shouldn't I have been getting at least one per turn from the start?

Ebbingford

Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:43 am

Can somebody explain to me how this is meant to work please.
It looks like Rome is getting cheated of legacy points a lot of the time.
The tooltip for the legacy points from structures and wonders fluctuates quite a bit.
I am now 73 turns in as Rome, I was getting 4 legacy points from structures, this turn it is showing only 1.....

The tooltip doesn't tally with the total that it shows this turn either.
It says +18, but the values for each part of it only add up to 17....

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:39 pm

a save would help ...

but I'm not seeing what you are reporting, heres the legacy chart and nation status data for T433

and going back to T419:

Now in both I have a bonus of 35% (glorious), at other stages I've had this modifier vary by leader traits etc.

Ebbingford

Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:02 pm

Just start a new game as Rome and run for several turns.
Look at the Legacy points tooltip in the top right hand corner of the screen, check it each turn.

caranorn

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:50 am

That reminds me. The 35% bonus to legacy for a glorious state what does it apply to? In my game as Rome that I shelved yesterday morning I noticed the Antigonides were getting 1.30 and 2.60 legacy for cultured regions, the Antigonides at that point are in a Golden Age. I as a Glorious Empire see just 1 and 2 for my regions in the ledger. Antigonides wonders, objectives and such don't seem to be modified. While I didn't grab the calculator to add up all factors this seemed odd. Had I played a few more turns I'd have entered my own Golden Age, but I just didn't feel like going on for now (started a game as Carthage instead)...

Ebbingford

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:57 pm

OK, I have worked out what is happening.
Rome is getting legacy points from abandoned palaces, 0.5 for each one, until they get dismantled, hence the fluctuating figures I have been seeing.
Perhaps the tooltip needs changing because at the moment it looks like you should be getting legacy for lots of buildings that don't actually give any legacy, all the one off specials for instance, plus the ones that Rome starts with.
The legacy tooltip does say legacy from unique structures and wonders, but a lot of these don't actually give any legacy.....

Pocus

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Yes the tooltip is a bit too generic indeed.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 am

Does anyone have a list of Wonders? I am unsure why I can never build them? I wish I could as Macedonia is getting 15 points from them per turn and I'm getting 1. I'm betting that is the Roman Senate or something.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:53 pm

you can find them in the buildings database.

They are roughly in clusters in Greece/Asia Minor, Egypt, Babylonia and then some scattered about NW Europe.

For Rome, I think they tend you to a Greece-first strategy, at the moment there is rarely much of a reason to go after Carthage. Ok weakening them improves your economy but you are not really a trading nation, more military power and infrastructure so over time you can build solutions to trading deficits.

But get the Greek province and Lydia, then push some of your building tracks into level III and constantly reselect till you get buildings that give legacy in a few regions.

In the end that'll largely negate any gains another faction is getting purely for legacy (from buildings - not objectives or simple size) unless they have both Babylon and Egypt - and then I'd be worried about more than the number of legacy generating buildings they had

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Yeah, I've been thinking on my long term strategy and I have decided that in the long run what Macedonia doesn't have and I have is always going to be good for me. So my long term strategy is to go to war with Macedonia and take from them everything they have to give.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”