sunseekers
Private

Re: New patch ?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:49 pm

Yes I'v e been able to do that now and have changed it as you have said. But now the game won@t open at all, tells me I have a 'missing document' :-(
Fortunately I saved the original OPT file elsewhere on my PC in case this went pear-shaped

Nikel

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:54 pm

I may upload mine zipped

https://ufile.io/dkakq

sunseekers
Private

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:18 pm

Thanks. Someone is Emailing me privately with the OPT file changed. Hopefully that should work.

Because of inherrant problems with AGEOD engine on Windows 10, I play all my games on my very old Windows 7 PC, which is slow and obsolete but can run the engine OK. I am wondering if this is because my W7 PC is very old and the software hasn@t been updated for years.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:00 am

I have no problems with any of the Ageod games on my Windows 10 laptop.

Your problem with the opt file was that you possibly saved it as a txt file after the change. Notepad did this to me until I noticed it.

My issue with Ageod games, and think I have nearly all of them, is that I don't have enough time or patience.

sunseekers
Private

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:27 pm

I've never bene able to run AGEOD games properly on my new windows 10 PC - it always comes up that I have insufficient rights to access certain files! Even if I am operating as administrator! Apparently I am not the only person this has happened to, its a quirk with the windows 10 operating system but it only affects certain mahciens and not others. SO I run AGOED games on my old Win 7 PC even though ti is slow and obsolete, I've never had any frustrating problems like ;access rights' messages.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:33 pm

I guess that's another reason to avoid Windows 10 if possible.

I generally install new games in a new directory, not whatever the default is, and set compatibility to Windows 7.

I'm not technical enough to have a clue really to help you I'm afraid.

My local computer shop is selling a re-furbished Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 for £80 so maybe look to something similar to keep as a games machine.

I actually play ECW on a 2001 Sony laptop with XP as well and it runs fine. None of which is help to you I am afraid. Sorry.

jack54
Brigadier General

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Bohémond wrote:To fix the issue with captured war supplies not being added to War supply total amount ;

Go to ECW/settings
Open Gamelogic.opt
Look for
aseWSUorSteelinDB = 0
Change it to
aseWSUorSteelinDB = 1
Save and close.

Captured war supplies will be added properly for following battles.

Regards

Thank you...

I actually thought the captured supplies message was just a 'flavor text' element. (after making the change I received 4 tons from 'captured supplies in battles') :)

sunseekers
Private

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Taillebois wrote:I guess that's another reason to avoid Windows 10 if possible.

I generally install new games in a new directory, not whatever the default is, and set compatibility to Windows 7.

I'm not technical enough to have a clue really to help you I'm afraid.

My local computer shop is selling a re-furbished Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 for £80 so maybe look to something similar to keep as a games machine.

I actually play ECW on a 2001 Sony laptop with XP as well and it runs fine. None of which is help to you I am afraid. Sorry.

I run all my AGEOD games on an old, slow Dell Latitude I picked up for £99 2nd hand back in 2010. I don't know exactly when it was built or how much mileage it has done, but it runs all the AGEOD games (admittedly Pride of Nations very, very slowly) fine without complaint.

My new Windows 10 , another Dell but I am not sure of the make or model but it's supposed to be ideal for running games, I've had nothing but problem after problem running anything AGEOD on it, I think the Core Processor is just to advanced for the game engine.

shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:04 am

Your computer model should be indicated in the back on a sticker or a plate: Product ID: xxxx

It is a very good advice to not install the game at the default location.
I install mines on my secondary drive. Since the game also installs files in Documents I also moved Documents to my secondary drive.

If you still have problems it could be game bugs of course but it is also good practice to reload the game after each turn. If I play for too long I also restart my PC... as far as I know RAM causes many problems, doing this will avoid them. When I do it I notice that units can select different paths to go to destinations.

My CPU model was launched in Apr 2018 and runs the game perfectly.

sunseekers
Private

Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Thanks for the advice but I have no idea how to even set up a secondary drive or document folder! :wacko:

shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:12 pm

You don't really need to do that, I do it for performance.
But it solves the issue of default installation.

Adding a secondary drive on a laptop is a matter of minutes. If you have a gaming laptop you probably have room for one. Find a screwdriver, unscrew a few screws, push a brand new SSD in, put the screws back, format the drive and voila you haver a super fast drive for your (game) data.

If you don't want to do that, just create a new folder and install your games in it, that should spare you some trouble.

Your RAM frequency is probably a bit low.

jack54
Brigadier General

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:51 pm

I'm not sure if this will help but Matrix Tech Support recommended deleting the "Userpath.ini" file in the ECW directory for anyone getting an Administrator critical error.

This makes the game save to the ECW folder. By default the games are saved to the documents folder which can cause access errors.

This won't help older games as they will still save to their original location but new games will save to the ECW folder.

paulferris1964
Conscript

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:54 pm

Wow! Just returned from holiday to see all these posts!

Great to see the WS fix. I was thinking particularly of the lack of leader promotions that was mentioned in an earlier thread?

Great game, even so

Paul

Bohémond

Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:39 am

I think I do find the issue with leader promotion,

As I do not have the patched game installed, I will need some help.

Please see Leader promotion thread.

Thank you

Regards

Ardie
Captain

Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Requisition Offices still get razed occasionally after a battle... and the Trade Port in Bristol gets destroyed every time I try to take Bristol from the Roundheads.

How can I mod this? If that is possible?

Bohémond

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:41 pm

Ardie wrote:Requisition Offices still get razed occasionally after a battle... and the Trade Port in Bristol gets destroyed every time I try to take Bristol from the Roundheads.

To avoid structures to be razed, you need to go to ;

ECW/GameData/Structures.

Open the structure file (.str) you want to modify.
Search for NoRazeLevel
Change 99 to 0.
Save and close.
Start a new session and check.

Let us know if it works.

Regards

Ardie
Captain

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 am

Bohémond wrote:
Ardie wrote:Requisition Offices still get razed occasionally after a battle... and the Trade Port in Bristol gets destroyed every time I try to take Bristol from the Roundheads.

To avoid structures to be razed, you need to go to ;

ECW/GameData/Structures.

Open the structure file (.str) you want to modify.
Search for NoRazeLevel
Change 99 to 0.
Save and close.
Start a new session and check.

Let us know if it works.

Regards

Thank you, Bohemond.

After 8 battles and sieges there has been no razings so far. It seems to be working well.

Bohémond

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Good to hear.

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards

Return to “English Civil War”