Bargus
Corporal

Question about munition wagons

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:24 pm

I've been noticing my munition wagons often take awhile to fill up. I have excess shells, so I don't think it's a shortage. When the wagons are empty, I shuttle them back to a depot (usually a bigger city). They often have to sit for a few turns before filling all the way up. The problem seems worse in Eastern Europe than Western.

Is this just a function of the supply system "pulling" supply to different areas? Is it working as intended? Admittedly, it hasn't really been a big issue; I just buy extra munition units and constantly rotate. Just wondering if there's a more efficient way for me to do this.

Thanks!

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: Question about munition wagons

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:51 pm

A list of the factors affecting ammunition (and general) supply distribution can be found on p.64 of the manual but there's no mention there of how it's allocated among competing demands. It would certainly be nice to know but so far nobody's telling.

Durk

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:18 am

Have you been building munition plants? In my play, it seems proximity to munitions plants is the key to refilling munition units. The supply/munition push system pushes to the next wagon/munition unit which then files before the push extends to the next closest region (usually by rail).

epaminondas
Colonel

Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:17 am

From a little play testing I've just done it appears that munitions units will replenish at rate of around 6% per day when lodged in a supplied city with the required stored munitions. I wouldn't be surprised if this varied with city size, between cities and depots, and with province conditions.

Bargus
Corporal

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:24 pm

Thanks for the help, all...as always you guys are great!

Building munition plants closer to the front is worth trying. Do we know if the game models existing factories? City/dept size probably accounts for this, but does it pre-load munitions plants in major cities?

epaminondas
Colonel

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:42 pm

I don't think so. It's much like building units - when you elect to build a munitions plant you're presented with a screen that permits you to nominate the province in which you'll build it.

Return to “To End All Wars”