Pocus

---> Field of Glory: Empires announced! <---

Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Civilizations come and go; common men and kings they get covered by the dust of time in the same way. Monuments and wonders crumble under their own weight. But the cultural legacy is not bygone. Stories and tales about ancestors and their deeds pass through generations, the old knowledge is not lost forever. Soon, new societies, new kingdoms, new civilizations rise from the seeds of the ones which predated them. Decadence is not the end.

Will your legacy stand the test of time?
https://youtu.be/To5b4Q9mPeM

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.

Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Expand your dominion through wars of conquest and make your culture a beacon of light, but be careful though. The risk of Decadence is not trivial. Many civilizations have collapsed for not having seen in time the signs of impending crisis. The older your empire, the more challenges will lurk in the shadows. Just expanding your borders without carefully shaping your form of government and culture won’t be the wisest of strategies.

Manage your Empire on a scale that fits you: adjust all the details of an important region, form provinces to oversee your growing realm.

Construct buildings to enhance your army, the life of your citizens, and the economy. Establish and grow a trade network of goods and resources.

The battle system is not just about who brings the larger force. Army composition and understanding the strengths and weaknesses of you and your enemy are decisive, so is choosing wisely the battlefield and the general to lead your troops.

And, if you want even more direct control, Field of Glory: Empires lets you export and load your battles into Field of Glory II and then load the results back into Field of Glory: Empires!

War is decided not just by battles though, but also clever manoeuvres. Simultaneous (WEGO) turn resolution means thinking ahead to intercept – or to escape! – enemy armies will be essential. Field of Glory: Empires offers a living world where every decision has an impact on every actor.

And once you think you are ready to be challenged, play against real opponents in one of the largest asynchronous multiplayer system ever created.

Pocus

Re: ---> Field of Glory: Empires announced! <---

Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:11 pm

Now with extra comments (tm)!

The initial Roman army has defeated the Senones and is contenplating its next move. The Venicci or Celticii? Or perhaps keep a watchful guard against the Etrusci people to the west?

The nation panel showing the current ruling party and the traits (or modifiers) affecting the nation.

Fighting the Senones in the woods. The detailed battle system (auto-resolved), it has some subtleties...

A building among 300 or so. The Forge will ask for copper and will output from 5 to ... 17 metal depending of what bonus trade goods you can gather. There is a game within the game to optimize or fine tune your regions.

The playing area. Add also part of India to the east (Maurya empire).

Starting situation for Rome, but the 60 initial nations are all playable.

Pocus

Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:25 pm

There is a point I would like to make absolutely clear to all of you guys!

This is still an Ageod game! It is prefixed by Field of Glory, because you can optionally play the best battles in FOG2*, but this remains an option.
The game definitively stands on his own and has a lot of AGEOD-esque depth. Plus it's WEGO.

When you will enact the 'Marian reform' historical decision to get better legions so to fight with some chances these annoying Germans who get this problematic woodman ability, then you'll know you are still in an Ageod game. :)

*: I'm very happy to have this extra, as it adds only to the game and Empires can only benefit from it...

zakblood
Colonel

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:25 pm

because you can optionally play the best battles in FOG2*, but this remains an option.

and because of this, eg an option, it should imo suit everyone, so congratulate you on it :hat:

those who wish not to play the tactical battle and let the AI do it for you, now you again can,

those who wish to fight the tactical battle in FOG2, again now you can as long as you already own the base game,

so it's totally your call and the best idea since somebody said, make cake, and you can eat it :niark:

:hat:

wrlertola
Corporal

Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:14 am

Zakblood, a quick question :confused:
Does the result of playing the tactical battle in FoG2 have an effect within the FoG/Empires game?

Ashbery76
Sergeant

Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:22 am

No internal politics ala senate.

Pocus

Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:48 am

wrlertola wrote:Zakblood, a quick question :confused:
Does the result of playing the tactical battle in FoG2 have an effect within the FoG/Empires game?

I'm not Zakblood, but I'll answer if you don't mind.

Definitively, that's the intent of the system: You can have the battle solved in Empires or FOG2. If you choose the FOG2 option, the result is sent back to Empires.

@Ashbery76: Not for now indeed.

zakblood
Colonel

Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:59 am

now where as i am myself, but under the testers NDA i can't answer, but as Pocus already has given you the answer, good question all the same :niark:

please keep them coming, as it seems there's quite an interest on this one, which is very welcome as always, so all questions, opinions good or bad are welcome here :hat:

DrPostman

Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:33 am

When do you think the call for beta testers will go out?

Leibst

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:25 am

Best wishes for this new game Pocus!! :fleurs:

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:44 am

Leibst wrote:Best wishes for this new game Pocus!! :fleurs:

Yeah, best wishes. You well deserve a fantastic commercial success at AGEOD as well as credits from the community.

Pocus

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:07 am

The call to betas is imminent!

Pocus

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 am

Leibst wrote:Best wishes for this new game Pocus!! :fleurs:

Thanks Miguel! Hope you are doing fine in your secret under-the-mountain HQ, plotting to take over the world!

Paul59
Civilian

Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to congratulate AGEOD on this game, it is just what the Field of Glory 2 community has been crying out for. I wish you every success.

I am the official scenario designer for the last two FOG 2 DLCs, and I look forward to contributing to this project in whatever way I can.

cheers

Paul

Pocus

Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi Paul,

Pleased to me you too. A new adventure has begun and I'm sure we will do great things the all of us (general 'us', including all would-be modders, tweaking players, scenario designers, etc.) . The game and underlying engine has immense potential.

wrlertola
Corporal

Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:18 am

Pocus wrote:

I'm not Zakblood, but I'll answer if you don't mind.

Definitively, that's the intent of the system: You can have the battle solved in Empires or FOG2. If you choose the FOG2 option, the result is sent back to Empires.

@Ashbery76: Not for now indeed.

Don't mind at all.
Thank you Pocus and Zakblood :hat:

richfed

Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Well, I am certainly excited about this new engine, if not [so much] the new game. I'll probably buy it anyway, being a loyal Ageod customer [and, I own FoG II]. It certainly looks nice. I have always dreamed of something like this ... only for the Civil War game. [hint!]

Congratulations on opening a new door!

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:31 am

Pocus wrote:It is prefixed by Field of Glory, because you can optionally play the best battles in FOG2

By the way, then maybe Empires can be played in French too
https://www.gog.com/forum/field_of_glor ... cuts/post2

Pocus

Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:54 am

indeed, keys can be redefined

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:43 pm

At last, the first Ageod game to reach GOG...
Since long I ask for an old one game, but it's better, it will be the very new.
https://www.gog.com/game/field_of_glory_empires

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:13 pm

ERISS wrote:At last, the first Ageod game to reach GOG...

Just released here! 33.99€

Return to “News from AGEod”