marek1978
Colonel

When can we expect new patch?

Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:32 am

Hi, i love the game but it has number of reported problems.
Will there be any patch and if so when?

Nikel

Re: When can we expect new patch?

Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:10 pm

PhilThib was answering most of WSS questions, he is gone, so... :(

marek1978
Colonel

Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Nikel wrote:PhilThib was answering most of WSS questions, he is gone, so... :(

seems like we are like Swedish army
after Poltava....

no direction home...

BlasdeMondragon
Conscript

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:47 am

Nikel wrote:PhilThib was answering most of WSS questions, he is gone, so... :(

Why gone? Has he left Ageod? :(

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:30 pm

I wonder who the team members for WSS are? Altaris has been mentioned before. Would be great to see the team commenting here on issues and suggestions, especially now that PhilTib unfortunately is gone.

Durk

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:27 am

I do hope you know it is not so simple as who was on the team and how can they help. Some fixes are small and most dedicated modders can find a solution, but these are for small file tweaks. Many fixes involve changes to the way the basic game operates. Even game designers cannot make these changes without support from people with a higher level of design knowledge.
As suggested before, what are the most important bugs to fix. There are people interested in making the game work better for players despite the loss of a higher oversight.

Tamas

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi guys,

Even if Philippe is not actively involved anymore, it doesn't mean the game is abandoned, of course. But tweaking a massive game like this is no easy undertaking.

It has been a while you have had an update here, so I will reach otu to the developers, see where they are with things, and I will let you know. If there are any particular issues you consider urgent, do mention them here.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:39 am

I haven't encountered any game-breaking bugs, but I do think that movement speeds are a little low at the moment. The slow movement combined with the high amount of provinces (and month long turns) means that one can't achieve that much during the campaign season. I, and others, have listed and reported multiple small and smallish bugs and issues (and improvement suggestions) here in this thread though: viewtopic.php?f=397&t=52383.

elxaime
General

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:31 pm

The main issue I have seen, and I have reported it, concerns disappearing armies and disappearing reinforcements when you place them. I also had a duplicate Savoy army/leader appear when they changed sides per event. An opponent's Spanish army when it went to an African province to quash rebels and to me when I tried to build new English militia reinforcements in England right after they had joined the Grand Alliance. It may have something to do with how: a) the Africa and off map boxes are coded - I note some are out of play and others are not; b) how quickly the code adapts after new nations are added to an alliance; c) how the Savoy event is coded - does it check for and remove the old Savoy armies/leaders?

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:39 pm

I have found these bugs, the bug 3 is the most important.
1) In 1701/1702, I have occupied the area of Saint-Petersburg with a russian army, the option "foundation of St-Petersburg" was unlocked. But a small swedish force occupied again this area and I got two options "foundation of St-Petersburg" , one was unlocked and the other was locked.

2) After Denmark left the anti-swedish alliance, you can still build danish garnison units almost everywhere (in Russia, in Poland, ..).

3) After the "Peter rules" option is applied, there are some erroneous elements in the garrison units (example : in Arkhangelsk).. These garrison units don't have any pictures and you can read the words "erroneous elements" in the unit info panel. These units have a zero combat value. They must be the result of an upgrade of the garrison units (an upgrade similar to the upgrade of a russian line infantry regiment).

Regards.

Durk

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:44 am

Thanks guys, some excellent targets for fixes. Please do not expect these tomorrow, but maybe in the not too distant future.

Tamas

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:59 am

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately progress on an update will be delayed due to health issues in the team., probably by several months.

So, we definitely have not forgotten about the game and will keep looking at your feedback, but please be patient if developer attention here may seem lacking in the near future.

Nikel

Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Who is ill, Altaris?

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Tamas, thank you for the response and update. I'm very sorry to hear about the health issues, hopefully everything will turn out ok!

Good to know that the feedback will be noticed, I'll keep reporting then.

Tamas

Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:43 am

Nikel wrote:Who is ill, Altaris?

No he had to largely bow out of the project well before release due to other reasons.

I'd rather not disclose who it is if you don't mind, it is not my place.

Nikel

Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Did not know Altaris was also out.

Just wondering who is in charge of the game.

Of course health issues are personal information, hope he recovers soon.

elxaime
General

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:38 am

Anyway, decided to ask the question on this thread again, since WSS is such a great game but would benefit from some patch fixes/updates. Is any further work planned by AGEOD/Slitherine? It would be great to know, if only to know if one should stop asking. :)

BlasdeMondragon
Conscript

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Dear Friends,

Just wanted to second Elxaime's question! This is such a great game, and these two major wars have been traditionally so under-represented. It would be great to build on what we have here, and a shame to let it go!

Best,
Blas

Return to “Wars of Succession”