billalex
Civilian

New player with questions

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:04 am

Hi, I'm new to the boards and I have a few questions

What do the numbers on a commander mean? For example, you might have Thomas J Jackson 4-2-2. What would the 4-2-2 be?

Also, how do you unfix somebody? I've had times where I have a set of men in a city or something then all of a sudden they get fixed. And then they don't unfix ever. How do I stop that from happening?

DrPostman

Re: New player with questions

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:09 am

The numbers are Strategic Rating (higher the better) Attack rating, then Defense rating. The
higher the strategic rating the better the chance for a leader to be activated (unfixed). if you
play with the activation rules off then the only troops that are fixed are Fortress troops and
those troops who will be unfixed by an event or date. All fixed troops can become unfixed
if attacked. Can, but not always.

Welcome to the forum. I hope I answered your questions satisfactorily. There are many
on this board with far more knowledge and suggestions on the game than I have.

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Some units are fixed or locked in place right from the time they appear, like most fortress garrisons. If you add new units to the stack that is locked, then these units will also appear locked in place. Just drag and drop the units without the locked in place icon into their own separate stack. That should unlock them.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

billalex
Civilian

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:25 pm

so, for example, I got the Army of the arkansas going to memphis and then I parked them with the Memphis garrison and they got locked. So I remove them away from the Memphis garrison to unlock them?

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:17 pm

That's correct.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

Return to “Civil War II”