vha89
Conscript

Zomby general

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Firstly I posted this message at the incorrect topic, but this is indicative because similar bug was in the similar game
http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=331&t=51312&p=391503#p391503
Today I'm playing "Eastern Front 1914" and get this: I have the battle of of Ivangorod fort and the enemy commander, von Brolg at the afterbattle has a black ribbon, and a message of "this unit has been destroyed". But Then there are a couple of battles he is involved, and at the end, at the next turn he is still not dead. They are alive! Zombies are back! But seriously, the game is buggy, and it seems no one is going to fix it...

Altaris

Re: Zomby general

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:00 pm

This is WAD, generals don't typically die when a unit is destroyed, instead they are sent to a nearby town or city and locked for a variable number of turns (while recuperating and/or reorganizing). This is the same in all AGEOD titles.

vha89
Conscript

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Ok, but then how I can see that he is dead?

vha89
Conscript

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:56 am

Another, much much better example: we have 1st army corps that consist of commander subunit, four infantry subunits and two arty subunits.

then it is involved (under the other commander) in a very unsuccessful battle, where we have big losses

But when we are looking for any destroyed units, we see that we have no lost
Great luck!
Ok, just remember the names of the regiments that are showed up at the tip

The turn has ended at last, and we can see a condition of our units. We find 1st army corps but WHAT IS IT? It has only commander and two artillery units and infantrymen disappeared!

And the answer is simple- the battle report info is misleding, it doesnt give us a proper information about destroyed and killed units. And as you rightly stated this is the same in all AGEOD titles, but no, I would add in all NEW ageod titles. I thought this was conserdering only commander units, and had the issue in Civil War II
http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=51312
but I guess it happens in all games that works on the NEW ageod engine. I didnt see it in another games just because I only bought EAW and CW2...There werent such issues in the old ageod games...and it seems that these problems will be never resolved...

czert2
Brigadier General

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:55 pm

well, actualy you can get comander killed, i did have it, when i lost battle, i lost not only units but comanding general too (mesage general xxxxx was killed was shown), his corps totaly diaperaed (and no, he wasnt locked for x turns somewhere).
and for your units not killed during battle, but not shown at existing at start of turn....well look more carefuly on reports screen sometimes you can see xxxxxx unit was destoyed during pursuit after you lost a battle.

Return to “To End All Wars”