Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Big Problem

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:03 pm

So Windows 10 tells me my computer needs updates, etc, and after ignoring that for a few months I figure what possible harm could it do and decide about 2 weeks ago to do the updates. Big mistake. After having played this game for over a year without any trace of a problem it crashes on me while trying to reload a previous turn, and then wouldn't allow me to access the game at all. So I decided to system restore and reloaded the game which got me all the way through to the start menu and I thought the problem was solved, but no. Upon loading a new game, I see that everything seems to be in working order, but hold on! I can't see my frickin' units anywhere. There's absolutely no trace of them on the map. If they're inside a city or garrison and I click on them I am able to see them on the underlying units panel, but they don't pop up like they normally would. What the hell?? Am I missing something? I'm hoping this is an easy fix, but my gut says otherwise.

Nikel

Re: Big Problem

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:55 pm

The first thing I would do is uninstall the game, then delete the folder with any file that may remain.

Restart the computer, install and patch the game.

Brigadier General

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:30 pm

Nikel wrote:The first thing I would do is uninstall the game, then delete the folder with any file that may remain.

Restart the computer, install and patch the game.

Cheers.
Did a uninstall/reinstall and it's working now, but I'm using the 1.6.3 patch, which I'm not sure I really like yet. Does anyone know where I can find the 1.6 patch?

Captain_Orso

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Don't forget to re-patch Windows and then do your backups again ;)

Nikel

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Blood and Thunder Brigade wrote: Does anyone know where I can find the 1.6 patch?

http://ftp.ageod.com/pub/CW2/CivilWarII ... p-v106.zip

Brigadier General

Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Don't forget to re-patch Windows and then do your backups again ;)

Done ;)

Brigadier General

Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Nikel wrote:
Blood and Thunder Brigade wrote: Does anyone know where I can find the 1.6 patch?

http://ftp.ageod.com/pub/CW2/CivilWarII ... p-v106.zip

Thank you very much :)

Return to “Civil War II”