Matt68046
Corporal

Unit maintaince

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:30 am

Ive disbaned most of my army, yet the unit maintaince remains high. Where can i go to check it exactly? Does it take time to go down? You would think after disbaning more than 150,000 troops, it would have went down more, but no. It went from like -$148 to -$146 and its been a few months. HELP!

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Unit maintaince

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:36 am

Matt68046 wrote:Ive disbaned most of my army, yet the unit maintaince remains high. Where can i go to check it exactly? Does it take time to go down? You would think after disbaning more than 150,000 troops, it would have went down more, but no. It went from like -$148 to -$146 and its been a few months. HELP!

I'm not sure why but the info in the top line is misleading. In my last game I had a mid-game period when I started to disband when it seemed as if both costs and replacement demand was too much for my army. After a while I realised that (a) disbanding made very little difference and (b) that being in deficit did not seem to have any real effect.

I think the reason why costs remain high may be partly due to garissons etc but that is a guess.

Matt68046
Corporal

Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:05 pm

It does seem like the entire budget is more broad than simply number of troops, perhaps it includes all of supplies and or fort/garrison matinaince, and of course the naval forces.
That being said, i did notice a couple ovbious things hat i guess simply passed me by the first time. Great britain ovbiously has a huge navy, and this accounts for alot of the military expenditure. Also, i noticed that she starts out with a military budget of $299. But after disbanning most of my large armies, and one small navy (north america station) i was able to get the budget down to $147.
So it does seem to be working properly, im anxious to run myself into debt now and see what you mean by "no real drawbacks to being in deficit" as this seems to be the case in real life, especially in the united states. Ovbiously you cant recruit new units, but if your standing army is say 300,000 anyways, there would be no real need for new brigades. Except for latter on in the game losing the ability to build new ships, forts, or more modern army?

Pocus

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:20 am

Upkeep is proportional to the cost of units and ships cost a lot!

If you go into the red, then you might get inflation.

czert2
Brigadier General

Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 pm

jup, land army is obvious bigest drain of manpower, but bigets money drain imo is navy. as pocus said, maintaince is proportional to COST of units, and i have no idea if game have it flat, acros all board, or make difference between army and navy.
since navy, obiously, is way more costly to build than land forces (remeber one ship of the line with over 100+ guns on board alone have more gun than whole land army of smaller nations), but actual mantaing of them was relative cheap due to small manpower.
It is there flat number across border or separate modifiers for land and navy ?

Return to “Pride of Nations”