Generalisimo

Re: New Ageod Forum

Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:51 pm

vaalen wrote:
Pocus wrote:On the surface the old forum was not broken, but it was generating a lot of issues for the web admins.

I did not realize that. Of course, the forum should work well for the web admins as well as us users.

Thank you for the explanation, now it makes sense.

I wonder if you would consider restoring the old colors, particularly the dark option. The combination of that particular shade of letter color and the black background was very easy to read, and very attractive. I am not the only one who would like to see it back.

Regards,

Vaalen

We are updating everything to make it look more like the AGEOD website so both sites share the same colors :niark:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:53 am

Generalisimo wrote:
vaalen wrote:
Pocus wrote:On the surface the old forum was not broken, but it was generating a lot of issues for the web admins.

I did not realize that. Of course, the forum should work well for the web admins as well as us users.

Thank you for the explanation, now it makes sense.

I wonder if you would consider restoring the old colors, particularly the dark option. The combination of that particular shade of letter color and the black background was very easy to read, and very attractive. I am not the only one who would like to see it back.

Regards,

Vaalen

We are updating everything to make it look more like the AGEOD website so both sites share the same colors :niark:

That is good news! Thanks for all your hard work, which is very much appreciated.

Slitherine Iain

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:38 am

HI guys

just to let you know we've made a range of further improvements. We've tried to reduce the waste white space in the layout and we've made the text slightly larger so it should be easier to red. We've made the contract as high as possible too but its pure black now so the only way to add contrast is to bolden or increase font size.

Please keep giving us your feedback and we'll work towards making the forum the best it can be! :)

Thanks

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

RSS-Feeds

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:56 am

Hi,

I miss the RSS-Feeds!
Are there any?

Thanks and regards,
Bernadotte

Generalisimo

Re: RSS-Feeds

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:48 pm

Bernadotte wrote:Hi,

I miss the RSS-Feeds!
Are there any?

Thanks and regards,
Bernadotte

Yes, there is the Atom RSS feed located here:
feed.php
:niark:

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Re: RSS-Feeds

Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:00 pm

Generalisimo wrote:Yes, there is the Atom RSS feed located here:
feed.php
:niark:

Yes, thank you very much!
And when you add ?f=FORUM-ID you have the feed only for that forum.
Like for CW2 it would be: feed.php?f=331

For more options, look at: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... tom-feeds/

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:04 am

Oh, all even Pocus lost the 'Dev' tag. Intended?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:09 am

Slitherine Iain wrote:HI guys

just to let you know we've made a range of further improvements. We've tried to reduce the waste white space in the layout and we've made the text slightly larger so it should be easier to red. We've made the contract as high as possible too but its pure black now so the only way to add contrast is to bolden or increase font size.

Please keep giving us your feedback and we'll work towards making the forum the best it can be! :)

Thanks

Another way to improve contrast would be to have as an option the dark version that the previous forum had. That forum was the easiest to read I have ever seen. It had a black background, and white text, and other colors that contrasted very well with black.

ferrenava

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:57 am

I think the same, black background and white letters, thanks.

khbynum
Major

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:09 pm

Is there any chance all the broken forum links will be restored? I had about 20 threads bookmarked to help me remember all the rules not covered in the manual and now none of the links work. Fortunately I saved a text file of Straight Arrow's "Points to Know" thread, otherwise I couldn't play the game.

I also much prefer the white on black forum format.

Pocus

Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:30 pm

Here is a trick. The forum has moved and so the initial address is not the same, but the thread IDs are the same. So lets takes an old thread I bookmarked:
showthread.php?50397-Replacement-Issue-Bug

See 50397 ? This is the thread ID. Copy and paste it like that:

viewtopic.php?t=50397

And voilà, you are in the new reference!

khbynum
Major

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Thank you, Sir, I'll reset all my links - and link this thread, too. :hat:

Generalisimo

Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:28 pm

ferrenava wrote:I think the same, black background and white letters, thanks.

I do not want to say "that will never happen"... but the reality is that now the forum has the colors of the "AGEOD brand"... and that's a design decision. :papy:
Black with white letter is not exactly "ageodish" :siffle: :niark: :niark:

Nikel

Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:52 pm

In some forum there is an option to choose the colours.

Could be the current as default and also the dark one that people is requesting.

ferrenava

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:00 am

OK, good option

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:32 am

Generalisimo wrote:the reality is that now the forum has the colors of the "AGEOD brand"... and that's a design decision.

So the bad UI of past Ageod game engine has migrate to the forum? That's already better than previous reverse!

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Generalisimo wrote:
ferrenava wrote:I think the same, black background and white letters, thanks.

I do not want to say "that will never happen"... but the reality is that now the forum has the colors of the "AGEOD brand"... and that's a design decision. :papy:
Black with white letter is not exactly "ageodish" :siffle: :niark: :niark:

With all respect, I do not understand why you cannot add a dark version as an option. The old forum had that option, and many people prefer it. Why do you take away the choice we once had?

You can have your Ageodish design as the default, but also have the dark version as an option.

And I should point out that the dark version is much easier to read for many people, especially those with vision problems. Why not make accommodations for those people, many of whom are faithful supporters of Ageod?

Especially when you have done it before?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Nikel wrote:In some forum there is an option to choose the colours.

Could be the current as default and also the dark one that people is requesting.

This forum used to have the same choice, with its own dark version, that was much easier to read.

I see no reason why they cannot make this accommodation, especially as they did it before.

Regards,

Vaalen

st_grynwald
Civilian

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:01 am

vaalen wrote:
This forum used to have the same choice, with its own dark version, that was much easier to read.

I see no reason why they cannot make this accommodation, especially as they did it before.

Regards,

Vaalen

Totaly agree...

elxaime
General

Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:44 am

Just a comment on English Civil War design. I hope some consideration is given to NM balancing mechanics like ROP and RUS have. TYW and ESP don't have these, so they remain vulnerable to the "NM death spiral" effect.

Durk

Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 am

I am mixed as to whether or not NM adjustments are a good game enhancement. I think historically, not so much; but in game terms, very nice.

Captain_Orso

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Whaaaa....? :8o: Talk about a sudden off-topic jump Image

So, back to topic.

Are there any plans to re-implement the 'extended' BB-Codes we enjoyed in the previous forum softwares, like tables, colors, etc?

If not, would you please consider it? Many, many tutorials and instructional threads used these, and it is now very difficult to understand them, nor can one now use these tools to propagate information.

Are there any plans to again allow attachments in sub-forums other than the technical support sub-forums?

In many threads in the main forum there is a necessity to share files. For example, somebody has a question about why something is the way it is in their scenario, and for others to understand the exact situation, a scenario save is required.

Providing this is now very difficult. Even if the forum member has ready access to an external file-sharing site, often the share is only available for a limited time-frame, which can make learning about the situation later very difficult, if not impossible, if the share is no longer available.

Pocus

Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:36 pm

I'll ask Generalisimo what he can do about that.

zakblood
Colonel

Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:22 am

good luck PhilThib on pastures new :pouet:

Return to “News from AGEod”