deidaraakatski
Sergeant

ageod games currently in development?

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:16 am

Hello all, I've been searching around trying to find out what games by ageod is currently being developed. If I missed that particular section or thread please refer me to it. Other than that, I'm really hoping it is a WWII title.

PhilThib

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:28 am

You have not missed anything...as nothing detailed has been published for the time being :)

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:43 am

Ok, well I'm quite excited nontheless. I'll try to keep an eye out for any announcements. :O

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:00 pm

deidaraakatski wrote: I'm really hoping it is a WWII title.

Yeah, the next engine of Ageod is to make lovegames, their first title will be Wild Women In Idle, you'll have to capture... their attention.

RebelYell
General of the Army

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:51 pm

deidaraakatski wrote:Hello all, I've been searching around trying to find out what games by ageod is currently being developed. If I missed that particular section or thread please refer me to it. Other than that, I'm really hoping it is a WWII title.

Many people have WW II sensory overload.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:12 am

ERISS wrote:Yeah, the next engine of Ageod is to make lovegames, their first title will be Wild Women In Idle, you'll have to capture... their attention.

I can only imagine what kind of realism that the dev. team would just add into such a potential award winning title... It would totally be realistic as real life if getting their attention was 0% possible. ;)

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:20 am

RebelYell wrote:Many people have WW II sensory overload.

I'll try my fancy at To End All Wars for now. Espana 1936 seems closest to WWII era with early tanks and equipment too. If I were to throw a different suggestion out there, maybe another release of Birth of Ameria III using the Civil War II map, UI, and engine. I want a few of the Iroquios units to wear one of those british whigs but that would be ahistorical...

Pocus

Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Let say, because it has been said before there and there, that there is in parallel some work done on the Ageod AGE engine, plus a new game based on the Archon engine. This engine is new and has been announced by Slitherine 18 months ago. And yes, still turn based strategy games!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:48 pm

Just in case it can be answered now...

That work on the AGE engine is a completely new game? Or an expansion of a current game?

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:40 am

Nikel wrote:Just in case it can be answered now...

That work on the AGE engine is a completely new game? Or an expansion of a current game?

We shall place "reveal all" decision card !

(0.001% Chance of success)

Nikel

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:48 am

Well, that very low chance of success will increase with time, so we only have to wait ;)

marek1978
Colonel

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:52 pm

War of spanish succesion

I wonder how many playing sides will be in the game?
Just the coalitions or countries...

PhilThib

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:15 pm

At the moment there are two pairs of two sides (1 each for each major conflict)

Gribeauval
Sergeant

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:35 pm

Hello Philippe,
could we know (approximately) when this new game about the Great Northern War and the War of Spanish Succession will be ready ?
Regards.

marek1978
Colonel

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:11 pm

PhilThib wrote:At the moment there are two pairs of two sides (1 each for each major conflict)

So no chance for me to move Poland-Lithuania-Saxony out of the russian alliance madness and drive it to the reforms and own glory?

Ehhh
My grand, grand grand father moved to poland around that time from saxony as part of Augustus II army...

PhilThib

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:18 pm

You'll have to discuss with the game designer (Altaris), but the goal is clearly to make the game easy to play and avoid the diplomatic mind-breaking combinations of WON...a clear-cut 2-sides to the death conflict, a return to Ageod's root....too bad for the Poles :D

marek1978
Colonel

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:28 pm

Poles, Saxons, Lithuanians, Cosacks, Bavarians, Portugease, Danes, Brandeburgians, Dutch, Austrian...

Could go with that endlessesly.
I get the point and i keep my fingers crossed.
I guess simple diplomacy allows creating a great game
I would dream about diolomatic XVIII centrury game as it was fascinating period, where suprissing moves and coalition were in play...
But i guess one cannot have it all :)
Maybe one day

As for that game - it would be important to represent problems faced by bith coalition in orcestring cooperation. Perhaps by limiting possibility of combainung armies and by prohibiing certain areas to be entered. But thats in the engine

Anyway. Thanks for that game.
My grand - grand - grand - grand father will have a chance to finally not to escape from charging Swedes...
PhilThib wrote:You'll have to discuss with the game designer (Altaris), but the goal is clearly to make the game easy to play and avoid the diplomatic mind-breaking combinations of WON...a clear-cut 2-sides to the death conflict, a return to Ageod's root....too bad for the Poles :D

Altaris

Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:30 pm

There are 4 playable sides:
For the War of the Spanish Succession
- Bourbons (France and its allies)
- Grand Alliance (Austria/HRE, with United Kingdom and United Provinces joining later, plus other minor allies)
For the Great Northern War
- Swedish Empire (Sweden, Holstein, and whatever allies it gets via event - not many)
- Anti-Swedish Coalition (Russia, Denmark-Norway, Saxony-Poland, plus others later via event, Prussia, Hanover, etc)

There are 4 main campaigns
- War of the Spanish Succession (starts in mid 1701, and only has the Bourbons and Grand Alliance, eastern nations are blocked out in this campaign)
- Great Northern War (starts in 1700, only Swedish Empire and Anti-Swedish Coalition, western nations are blocked in this campaign)
- Grand Campaign 1701 (has all 4 playable sides, and events in one theater can impact events available in the other - begins with start of WSS hostilities and as Sweden begins its great counter-offensive in 1701)
- Grand Campaign 1700 (has all 4 playable sides, beginning of Great Northern War and allows for some pre-war event handling by western nations to impact start of WSS

It will be simple diplomacy. Other nations will join the alliances strictly via events.

Lysimaque
Corporal

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:49 pm

Altaris wrote:There are 4 playable sides:
For the War of the Spanish Succession
- Bourbons (France and its allies)
- Grand Alliance (Austria/HRE, with United Kingdom and United Provinces joining later, plus other minor allies)
For the Great Northern War
- Swedish Empire (Sweden, Holstein, and whatever allies it gets via event - not many)
- Anti-Swedish Coalition (Russia, Denmark-Norway, Saxony-Poland, plus others later via event, Prussia, Hanover, etc)

There are 4 main campaigns
- War of the Spanish Succession (starts in mid 1701, and only has the Bourbons and Grand Alliance, eastern nations are blocked out in this campaign)
- Great Northern War (starts in 1700, only Swedish Empire and Anti-Swedish Coalition, western nations are blocked in this campaign)
- Grand Campaign 1701 (has all 4 playable sides, and events in one theater can impact events available in the other - begins with start of WSS hostilities and as Sweden begins its great counter-offensive in 1701)
- Grand Campaign 1700 (has all 4 playable sides, beginning of Great Northern War and allows for some pre-war event handling by western nations to impact start of WSS

It will be simple diplomacy. Other nations will join the alliances strictly via events.

I must say I am very disappointed about this choices.

First of all, you cannot picture the contradictory goals between England and Imperial if you put them in the same sides. England goal was to weakened France and in the same time avoid another Habsbourg domination on Europe. It is not like in Napoleonic war with strong alliance. It should have at least 3 side, Imperial, French and English-Dutch.

Secondly, the diplomacy was very crucial during this war, Provence, Bavaria, Protestant German states, Portugal. All this country was potentially able to switch side, it is very annoyed to see that their enter in war will be scripted because like my first point, it is a very important element of this conflict.

Thirdly, I don't see the point to have 2 war in the same time since they will have no interactions between west and north conflict. It could be Ottoman versus Persia it would be the same, it is 2 conflicts totally different and without any possibility of alliance because like you say, diplomacy will be scripted.

I posted a lot of suggestion for this game in a French forum, because I am very interested about this era and it will be good to have a game that really picture Spanish Sucession War and not just another basic adaptation of Ageod system .

PhilThib

Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:51 am

Feel free to post here your suggestions (in English)

Simple diplomacy does not mean no diplomacy. It just means to avoid the too complex and sometimes absurd (results) of the advanced system, and is designed to work well with the AI. As far as Perfidious Albion is concerned, some of the events I have seen already perfectly render this. Provence ? You mean Savoy most likely, and it's covered too. Like all other cases, and more.

As for the supposed lack of interaction, well...that was the case in history. Barring the early and late intervention of the Maritime Powers and/or Prussia in the GNW, both conflicts more or less ran in parallel. Covering the conflict does not mean allowing a grand 'n'importe quoi'. During the beta, we'll see what kind of interaction (if any) is required and will include it.

We'll be glad to have you onboard, as your knowledge of the conflict will be precious.

Again, making the game using simple mechanics does not make it in any way a simplistic view and story of the conflict. Our experience, on the contrary, is the more you had 'complex' analysis and rendering of details, the less the game is playable and the more it goes into totally a-historical dimensions.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:57 am

Lysimaque wrote:another basic adaptation of Ageod system

Another? You've outwritten, or what game do you think about?

marek1978
Colonel

Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:01 pm

When can we expect WOS premiere?

( i am planning my holidays for that occasion :)

PhilThib

Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:18 pm

Our goal is for a beta somewhere in this Summer, and a release before the end of the year, barring big bad surprises during Beta.

marek1978
Colonel

Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:29 pm

PhilThib wrote:Our goal is for a beta somewhere in this Summer, and a release before the end of the year, barring big bad surprises during Beta.

all i want for christmas is some flintlock warfare....

Nikel

Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:00 pm

Pocus wrote:Let say, because it has been said before there and there, that there is in parallel some work done on the Ageod AGE engine, plus a new game based on the Archon engine. This engine is new and has been announced by Slitherine 18 months ago. And yes, still turn based strategy games!

But will it be a 3D game?

The new game announced using the archon engine is this:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=349&t=73332

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:39 pm

Nikel wrote:But will it be a 3D game?

The new game announced using the archon engine is this:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=349&t=73332

XD you are very persistent indeed my friend ^^

Nikel

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi deidaraakatski.

Well, we already know the next game using the classic Ageod engine.

Yesterday I was surprised by the news that the next Ageod engine (archon) is in fact generic and used by several developers, and the first of these games is a 3D.

So, which kind of game is going to develop Ageod with the new engine? Something completely different, I guess, to what we have seen so far.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:09 am

Nikel wrote:Hi deidaraakatski.

Well, we already know the next game using the classic Ageod engine.

Yesterday I was surprised by the news that the next Ageod engine (archon) is in fact generic and used by several developers, and the first of these games is a 3D.

So, which kind of game is going to develop Ageod with the new engine? Something completely different, I guess, to what we have seen so far.

Hmm, yes, I agree, possibly something different.
Revolution Under Siege Gold To End All Wars Espana 1936 Wars of Napoleon Civil War II Alea Jacta Est Birth of America II: Wars in America Thirty Years' War Pride of Nations Rise of Prussia Gold

Carnium

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:15 am

deidaraakatski wrote:Hmm, yes, I agree, possibly something different.

Fantasy or historical setting?

Return to “General discussions”