Altaris

Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Sorry, I know that's a PITA...

Tinkering around with some settings to see if I can come up with an acceptable workaround, but thus far not much luck. Tried adding GBR depots to certain FRA regions, but that causes control errors where the engine isn't sure whether the owner is GBR or FRA.

Ebbingford

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:56 pm

I'll just have to retake a Belgian town then, I should be OK if I built a depot there.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

jzachar1
Conscript

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:30 am

Hello!

I'm definitely interested in checking this out! Unfortunately, the current download link for the mod is not working. Is this still available to download during beta or is it being held until it's finished now? Thanks so much!

Altaris

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:44 am

I'm re-uploading the mod link now, it'll be done in about an hour.

jzachar1
Conscript

Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:04 am

Awesome! Thank yo so much!

Altaris

Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:14 am

Link in first post should work again now.

jzachar1
Conscript

Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:33 am

Awesome! I was able to download everything fine. I noticed whenever booting the new exe, that I'm asked for my serial key? I doubled check to see, but steam did not provide any serial key for this game. Will this mod only currently work on a non steam version of the game? Thanks for your help!

jzachar1
Conscript

Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:37 am

Nevermind! I was able to get my serial key by running just the EAW.exe first!

Altaris

Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:35 pm

jzachar1 wrote:Nevermind! I was able to get my serial key by running just the EAW.exe first!

Sounds good. I don't have the Steam version, my understanding is it has a pre-installed key when it installs. There's some instructions further up in this thread on how to retrieve it from your vanilla game installation for anyone having problems.

Metatron

Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:49 pm

Altaris wrote:Did some more research on the GBR replacements not occurring in FRA territory. This is indeed a problem. Hits can be recovered, but full element replacements cannot occur when on another faction's territory, even if they are friendly. I've notified Pocus, but he's tied up right now with the new incoming games, so not sure how quickly he'll be able to do much about it. I'm going to have to rethink this a bit in the meantime, that's a pretty big issue for GBR (which will likely be spending quite a bit of time in France).

Historically the BEF and the LOC pretty much controlled all the area from the channel ports to the front during the war. You could maybe add an event (maybe triggedred by the french) that gives the channel ports (Dunkerque, Calais, Boulogne, Le Havre and to lesser extent Rouen and Cherbourg) over to GBR completely, GBR could then build depots there and rest and reform it's units in the channel ports.

Same thing could apply to the US troops that could get St Nazaire and La Rochelle.
-There is safety in numbers.
-Well there is also death in numbers. It's called a massacre.

Metatron

Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:12 pm

One of these small things that bother me and could add to historicity of the game is that as Germany you can't build any Zeppelins or planes in Friedrichshafen. Being at the centre of Zeppelin history and production, and as the war progressed a centre of plane production (most notably the bombers of the Flugzeugbau Friedrichshafen GmbH) it is a bit strange not being able to build any Zeppelins or planes there.

(a certain Claude Dornier was also active in Friedrichshafen who would then go and create his own company in the inter war years)
-There is safety in numbers.

-Well there is also death in numbers. It's called a massacre.

Ebbingford

Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:53 pm

Metatron wrote:Historically the BEF and the LOC pretty much controlled all the area from the channel ports to the front during the war. You could maybe add an event (maybe triggedred by the french) that gives the channel ports (Dunkerque, Calais, Boulogne, Le Havre and to lesser extent Rouen and Cherbourg) over to GBR completely, GBR could then build depots there and rest and reform it's units in the channel ports.

Same thing could apply to the US troops that could get St Nazaire and La Rochelle.

I like the sound of this from a British point of view, if you get what I mean.
There is a depot in Calais already and it would also make the British player keep one eye on his supply line, the Channel.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Altaris

Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:02 pm

These are really good ideas, and actually in some ways do a better job of simulating some of the logistical problems between the Western Entente members. So maybe what we can do is have events where GBR can take over certain areas in France, once they do, the areas become British controlled (I can use sub-faction settings to make them still appear French in the overlay). Once this occurs, the British will technically own and control the regions in the area, so if the French come in, they'll have problems with reinforcements as well.

This also makes a nice incentive to keep the two forces somewhat segregated, except in emergency situations. The British wouldn't be eager to start railing in huge numbers of Corps to Verdun, or something like that, for example.

TXcavalier
Corporal

Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Altaris,

I'm having a huge issue with the newest Russian turn for the Paradox Expert game. I redeployed multiple artillery pieces to prepare for an offensive. Their transfers were cancelled and they are just sitting out in the open. I double checked a copy of the .ord that I submitted. All were set to transfer properly. When I run the turn in single player they move appropriately. Can you check real quick to see what went wrong? My artillery being left behind is a terrible blow.

Altaris

Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:50 am

TXcavalier wrote:Altaris,

I'm having a huge issue with the newest Russian turn for the Paradox Expert game. I redeployed multiple artillery pieces to prepare for an offensive. Their transfers were cancelled and they are just sitting out in the open. I double checked a copy of the .ord that I submitted. All were set to transfer properly. When I run the turn in single player they move appropriately. Can you check real quick to see what went wrong? My artillery being left behind is a terrible blow.

I've rerun a few times, and it always fails for me... Very weird. Can you send me the save file (and the backup from previous turn) where it ran successfully for you?

Altaris

Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:58 am

Actually, I think it has something to do with how much you're railing around. The rolling stocks reduce each time, and I think it's just enough to cause a failure. Probably a small bug in the way the railing pool code works with strategic redeployment if you push it to the limit too much.

If I cancel one of the artillery redeployments, it works, but otherwise it fails every time. If you want, I can rerun the turn with one cancelled. Just let me know which one.

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:24 am

With the forced attacks does this happen over multiple turns? Seems the French player in our Noob game last -20NM and now I have a healthy 125 to his 75.

TXcavalier
Corporal

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:41 am

It was a bit close with 44 stock left in reserve. Could you cancel the movement of the artillery in Lublin? If that works, I'll post a message to the other guys. I don't think anyone had their new turns complete. So, it shouldn't be an issue.

Edit: Let me check with those guys first.

Shri

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:51 am

I was looking at the manpower accruals of each nation and suggest some changes-
Germany, Russia and France look Ok.
Not seen Ottomans and Italy so far.
For Austria it is approx. 550 per turn which may be increased to 650/675 per turn, why? Austrian mobilisation was nearly equal to the Anglo-French, who get 700 per turn. As for UK it may be better to reduce it to 350 per turn in 1914 and then give a one time boost of 3500 in Jan/Feb 1915, showing that "mass conscription" wasn't present in 1914 and UK relied on volunteers at the start of the war.
Based on these calculations, i expect Italy should have around 450/500 and Ottomans around 250/300 per turn.
Rascals, would you live forever? - Frederick the Great.

Ebbingford

Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:48 pm

Playing a test game as Britain.
I have just had a message saying about -1NM each turn an offensive RGd is left in the pool and not played.
I haven't got any in the pool to play though....
Save and backup attached if required.
Attachments
OffensiveRGD.rar
(823.06 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

Lindi
General

Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:55 am

Proposition :

Because British is very need in the begin, (so IF he go out to French for take remplacement is not good and if is not near Paris is not good also)

Maybe can give a small area near Paris with depot for him? (Objectif not see British go out near Paris for do remplacement)

teep
Conscript

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:34 am

In the Paradox veterans game Joffre got injured and moved to Liege which had just been assaulted. Could you move him to somewhere more sane like Paris or Reims?

PhilThib

Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:26 pm

Unfortunately not, the game engine chooses the location where injured generals go a bit at random (within owned cities), and it cannot be changed now...we could try to have them all re-assigned to the nation's capital maybe....

Most of the time, the feature works fine, you had bad luck...but why Joffre got injured in the first place? As GHQ commander, he should NEVER be involved in a battle, it's not his role... :w00t:

Altaris

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:23 pm

PhilThib wrote:Unfortunately not, the game engine chooses the location where injured generals go a bit at random (within owned cities), and it cannot be changed now...we could try to have them all re-assigned to the nation's capital maybe....

Most of the time, the feature works fine, you had bad luck...but why Joffre got injured in the first place? As GHQ commander, he should NEVER be involved in a battle, it's not his role... :w00t:

With Pocus changes to region caching its now feasible to make GHQ range up to 9. I've considered making GHQs fixed all the time and only moveable by RGD. This would resolve this issue in a realistic manner and doable from current scripting.

teep
Conscript

Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:49 am

PhilThib wrote:Unfortunately not, the game engine chooses the location where injured generals go a bit at random (within owned cities), and it cannot be changed now...we could try to have them all re-assigned to the nation's capital maybe....

He was locked in Sedan for 4 turns to begin with and that was where Nostra struck on turn 3 with 3 turns of lock left. Probably should be in Reims or somewhere to begin with on that plan to prevent such mishaps next time.

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:21 am

Altaris just a quick one, how different/lacing is the AI. I know the AI doesn't play the diplomacy game, though will it maintain them if I place the diplomats for them or will that cause issues?

I was thinking of putting up an AAR just so people can see the differences, but wanted to know what I should warn people about if they want to go this way.

Shri

Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:17 am

BBBD316 wrote:Altaris just a quick one, how different/lacing is the AI. I know the AI doesn't play the diplomacy game, though will it maintain them if I place the diplomats for them or will that cause issues?

I was thinking of putting up an AAR just so people can see the differences, but wanted to know what I should warn people about if they want to go this way.

Better not play against the AI, it is fond of FLEET SUICIDE and that will imbalance the game.
Also Diplo is not done by AI. Only option is you take the CPs and play, so that even if WE does a bit of suicide it doesn't matter, but keep your fleets in port as the AI distributes penny packets which can be destroyed for easy NM.
Rascals, would you live forever? - Frederick the Great.

Ebbingford

Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:52 am

I think the sea transport pool for the British should be bigger.
Especially when you get the Japanese troops to move.

teep
Conscript

Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Perhaps the State fund loss for uprisings should be increased? 50 SF is a lot in vanilla but in this mod is fairly small.

Altaris

Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:28 am

AI isn't built in this mod yet. Hope to get around to it one day, but right now my focus is on the PBEM aspect.

Return to “EAW Mods”