agv
Private

how do you know what army a corps is "attached to" or "influenced by"?

Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:44 am

Sometimes I don´t know what army a given corps is attached to or benefits from. Is there a way to see that? Thanks.

elxaime
General

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:12 am

Here is how I think it works. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Corps, unless they are actually inside an army stack, are not "attached" to any army. Corps outside an army stack, even if in the same region as an army or armies, are considered independent. Independent corps still march to the sound of the guns (MTSG) to battles, whether in the same or adjoining regions.

The main value in placing a corps inside the army stack (thus "attaching" them to that army) is that they are likelier to join combats, both in the same region or if they MTSG. Armies engage at a higher chance than corps. Army stacks also allow you to fully utilize some of the special abilities - some corps commanders special abilities apply to all elements of the stack they are in, and so if you have a corps commander with a good special ability, placing them inside the army allows the whole army to benefit. As an independent stack, the corps commanders special ability will apply only to elements of the stack they are in. There are occasions where you want to have independent corps stacks, e.g. to cover empty areas of the front, as a rearguard to let more damaged troops escape, or for some other clever reason.

agv
Private

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:07 am

Thank you very much! How far does MTSG apply? Neighbouring region? 2 regions apart? Or does it depend on type of stack and commander abilities?
Could easier supply, not just covering empty front regions, be a valid reason to have some corps instead of everything in the army stack?

Jim-NC

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:18 pm

From my experience, it is only the next region. I keep my corps spread out to allow for MTSG, and to keep a solid front line (every province having some troops in it). There aren't enough armies to keep units in every province.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

agv
Private

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Thanks!

elxaime
General

Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:45 am

MTSG is to the same or adjacent region only. Everyone has a chance, but you have a better chance with a good commander, rested troops, and the type of orders you are under. I believe, for example, that if you attack a neighboring region, your nearby forces with MTSG at a higher rate and with better effect if they are put in offensive posture.

Durk

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:05 am

agv wrote:Sometimes I don´t know what army a given corps is attached to or benefits from. Is there a way to see that? Thanks.

If you click on the army, all attached corps blink red. Similarly, if you click on a corp, the army to which it is attached blinks red. Simple

Durk

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:06 am

agv wrote:Thank you very much! How far does MTSG apply? Neighbouring region? 2 regions apart? Or does it depend on type of stack and commander abilities?
Could easier supply, not just covering empty front regions, be a valid reason to have some corps instead of everything in the army stack?

The army which is going to March to the Sound of Guns must be in an adjacent region, as must corps.

agv
Private

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:37 am

Thank you everyone! Great game and great forum!

Return to “To End All Wars”