Ace

If you were a Civil War general, how would you rate yourself in game stats?

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:19 pm

I thought this would be interesting self evaluating trivia. How would you rate your style of play, what stats would you give yourself?

I would give myself 6/5/4, with reckless and fast mover traits.
When I think of it, it's only slightly lower than Grant or Lee, I hope I am not too self-assured :D .

Any other ready for self-evaluation trivia?

Barca
Private

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:33 pm

This is fun. I would give myself 4/2/6, with entrencher and skirmisher abilities. I play pretty cautiously and carefully.

I'm like Longstreet -- my goal is always to get the enemy to hurl himself at my entrenched positions and get blasted.

tripax
AGEod Veteran

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:44 pm

6/1/0 - I'm always trying to move forces here and there, even units with low cohesion or under-strength units.

Or something with the drunkard trait because I always get distracted and change the goals of an army's campaigns.

Skibear
Lieutenant

Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:25 pm

3-1-1 Quickly Angered, Indian Fighter, Poor spy network.
"Stay low, move fast"

havi
Colonel

Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Skibear that's a BIG underestimate of yourself.

I would b 1-1-3 with deep raider, drunk and easily angered. I have habit to go blitz mode with out tanks at all. But I think I'm good to pick defensive positions.

Captain_Orso

Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Image hmmm...

Abilities:
Master Logistician
Naval Commander
Reckless (on a die roll of 5-6)
Good Army Admin
Slow Mover

Other Abilities:
Easy Distracted (oh look, a frog playing the drums! Image)
Emergency Defender (go on, get out o' here! Image)
Debugger/Analyst (Image)

6-6-4[on even days] (Once my forces are so large you just can't resist them :siffle :)
5-4-10[on odd days] (I'm a bear. You don't want to try to move me.)

tripax
AGEod Veteran

Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:48 pm

havi wrote:...But I think I'm good to pick defensive positions.

Is that a Finland thing?

havi
Colonel

Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:54 pm

tripax wrote:Is that a Finland thing?

I think that came for the mentality, do not f....take what is mine if not ready to got some hell

Jim-NC

Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:51 pm

I would say I am a 4-2-2, with Reckless and Poor Logistics. I don't always think my moves through enough, and tend to not set things up for the future very well. I have also been known to outrun my supply lines.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merlin
General

Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:24 am

6-3-3 If there's anything to be gained by taking the fight to the enemy, I'll do it. However, I highly doubt I'm any better at engineering offensives or defensive action than anyone else.

Reckless: I most certainly take long chances when I feel the payoff is worth it.
Fast Mover: Speed is everything.
Cavalryman: I love cavalry.
Adept Raider: My favorite activity.
Deceiver: I've been known to hold entire corps out of view for months just to bait opponents, and will endlessly cycle small units through poor loyalty regions on occasion.
Artillerist: All other things being equal, a battery is more deadly and cost efficient than a regiment. You can never have too many guns.

FelixZ
Major

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:27 am

Ace wrote:I thought this would be interesting self evaluating trivia. How would you rate your style of play, what stats would you give yourself?

I would give myself 6/5/4, with reckless and fast mover traits.
When I think of it, it's only slightly lower than Grant or Lee, I hope I am not too self-assured :D .

Any other ready for self-evaluation trivia?

+1 although a bit modest

FelixZ
Major

Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:30 am

After interaction with Ace - 6-4-6 - capable of errors and still learning

Durk

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:28 am

How silly and how fun. My Opponents accuse me of being a John Bell Hood, so his ratings. Coming at you with all my force, losers, and all his ratings.

Rod Smart
Colonel

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:24 pm

3-1-1
like a random union general with the default blue face and goatee

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:06 pm

I would be a 3-1-0 (who needs defense?) with the traits of Very Fast Mover and Surpriser.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:04 am

I would probably be 1-0-0 managing to lose 3 PBEMs at the moment, will lose is probably a harsh term, but I react instead of initiate.

In fact I take after some of the Austrian generals from ROP more than anyone from CW2. Just happy to sit in my trenches and wait for you to come at me bro. Then hurriedly rush forces to that area to reinforce.

Merlin
General

Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:12 am

BBBD316 wrote:I would probably be 1-0-0 managing to lose 3 PBEMs at the moment, will lose is probably a harsh term, but I react instead of initiate.

In fact I take after some of the Austrian generals from ROP more than anyone from CW2. Just happy to sit in my trenches and wait for you to come at me bro. Then hurriedly rush forces to that area to reinforce.

I'd rate you a 4-2-2 at the moment. You're not inactive, but do move units to counter enemy moves (JJ did this); you haven't mastered the attack, but you don't waste your men, and you have a bit to learn on the defense (hopefully to be corrected shortly), but you're not altogether bad at it. Promoted, I'd expect a 5-3-5. :)

grimjaw
General

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:50 am

I don't know about my strat-off-def ratings, but I'd have a procrastinator ability.

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:22 am

I think you over rate my abilities, however from all I have learned since we started I may increase by a few points.

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:21 pm

5-4-2 still learning (aren't we all?). I really don't like having to be too defensive... I love seizing the initiative... oh.. and I hate to lose... is there a 'sore loser' trait? Other traits: fast mover, surpriser. Also 'reckless raider' if I could invent a trait... I'm always getting my raiders killed... ;)
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:28 pm

Merlin wrote: and will endlessly cycle small units through poor loyalty regions on occasion.

Hey Merlin, have to ask you about this one. What does this achieve? Do you mean put on a show like Magruder did to confuse the Union in front of Richmond?? Why 'poor loyalty'? :)
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

aariediger
Sergeant

Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:46 am

6-7-2, dispersed move, artillerist

I love going for the knock out blow, like a massive Vicksburg campaign to win the war right then and there. But I stretch my guys pretty darn thin to get it done, I usually run with a bunch of 2 division corps backed by a huge number of guns, all rifles if I can manage it. I like to try and swing around a city to cut off the rail supply and avenues of retreat, and when their breakout fails, I launch a counter attack and wipe out their starving broken remains. Like Appomattox.

But, I really suck at supply, and tend to only leave a single corps in a region, and counter punching defenders really screw me up. When things work I roll like Grant, and when they don't, I end up like Hooker. And it also means I don't do to well as the South, what with all the defending and lack of guns...

Merlin
General

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:05 am

ajarnlance wrote:Hey Merlin, have to ask you about this one. What does this achieve? Do you mean put on a show like Magruder did to confuse the Union in front of Richmond?? Why 'poor loyalty'? :)

Precisely like Prince John. Most of the rail lines are circuitous or nearly so, and regions with poor friendly loyalty will show your movement to the other player in the replay. Knoxville is an excellent example of this in action.

If you've got nothing better to do, just cycle some militia in an endless circle through the regions in question and it looks like your building the Mongol hordes behind your main line of resistance. :dada:

Nostra
Corporal

Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:18 pm

Only played a few PBEMs yet and don´t have that much experience but I would rate myself at a 5-3-2 with the Cavalryman/Fast Mover/Reckless traits.
Still things to improve

Jim-NC

Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Welcome to the forums Nostra. :wavey:
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nostra
Corporal

Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Jim-NC wrote:Welcome to the forums Nostra. :wavey:

Thanks, I have been reading in this forum and playing the Games for a while now.
Just never found the need to actually comment

Guru94
Corporal

Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:08 pm

havi wrote:Skibear that's a BIG underestimate of yourself.

I would b 1-1-3 with deep raider, drunk and easily angered. I have habit to go blitz mode with out tanks at all. But I think I'm good to pick defensive positions.

When I think of our tournament game, you nailed it with the "habit to go blitz mode with out tanks at all". ;) Your rate yourself too low though in my opinion.^^
As I am writing this, I notice that I never thanked you for that game, well played.

Concerning myself as an CW2 General:

4-4-2: I see myself more as an offensive player although I miss some opportunities from time to time. When necessary I can defend, but I tend to attack instead when I see the option

reckless: Sometimes I demand too much from my men. I made a few awful decisions which cost me a lot.

deceiver: I love hiding whole Corps or let stacks seem stronger than they really are, although with the current replay system in CW2 there are less options for such things

Can people, who have played against me confirm what I wrote here? :D

Merlin
General

Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:07 am

Nostra wrote:Only played a few PBEMs yet and don´t have that much experience but I would rate myself at a 5-3-2 with the Cavalryman/Fast Mover/Reckless traits.
Still things to improve

Wrong. 6-4-4

Fast Mover
Cavalryman
Recruiting Officer :D

Capon
Conscript

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:36 pm

0-0-0
Slow Mover
Over Cautious

Capon

havi
Colonel

Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:39 pm

No i rated my self too high now i am 1-0-1 im worse then freemont :( .

But yes i think those things descripe u well, maybe a fluid defender u used jackson and stonewall good.

And thanks for whiping he floor at me at tournament =)

Return to “Civil War II”