leopard9
Conscript

RC8 Comments

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:44 pm

I’ve played two scenarios in RC8, as Central Powers and as Western Entente. Very impressed with the simulation, particularly naval and air play, and also that so far I’ve not had any bugs, which is impressive given some of the issues with development of CW2. Hope these comments are helpful: (1) Too many units with same name, e.g. two of 1st Canadian Div. and two of 1st S.A. Div. This appears quite common with British units, but I’ve not looked at other forces so it may be there too. (2) Events don’t show the State Funds cost, so it’s easy to forget this and then have to re-evaluate decisions once you realize funds are depleted. (3) For naval engagements Battle Gauge shows ‘Boarding’, which was not normally done in WWI. What was often done close-in however was torpedo attacks by light vessels, so why not change the last phase of naval engagement from ‘Boarding’ to ‘Torpedoes’?

caranorn

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:36 pm

leopard9 wrote:I’ve played two scenarios in RC8, as Central Powers and as Western Entente. Very impressed with the simulation, particularly naval and air play, and also that so far I’ve not had any bugs, which is impressive given some of the issues with development of CW2. Hope these comments are helpful: (1) Too many units with same name, e.g. two of 1st Canadian Div. and two of 1st S.A. Div. This appears quite common with British units, but I’ve not looked at other forces so it may be there too. (2) Events don’t show the State Funds cost, so it’s easy to forget this and then have to re-evaluate decisions once you realize funds are depleted. (3) For naval engagements Battle Gauge shows ‘Boarding’, which was not normally done in WWI. What was often done close-in however was torpedo attacks by light vessels, so why not change the last phase of naval engagement from ‘Boarding’ to ‘Torpedoes’?

No. 1 issue is almost certainly caused by using different names for setup than in the unit files, usually the problem arrises due to abbreviations occasionally a mispelling. So if a unit starting a scenario on map is named 1st Canadian Div., once you raise a new Canadian unit and the engine will look into the appropriate unit file and find the first name to be 1st Canadian Division which is not yet used in the game. So you end up with a 1st Canadian Div. and a 1st Canadian Division...
Marc aka Caran...

Return to “Help improve EAW”