H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

One thing Ageod has never really done and I wish they might at some point....

Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:56 am

Something similar to this in the game. So that we could see at a glance what an army is made up of and who.

[ATTACH]29451[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Order of battle.jpg

danand
Civilian

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:43 pm

I agree, it would be nice to have.

jnpoint
Private

Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:27 pm

+1

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:37 am

danand wrote:I agree, it would be nice to have.

It would be a perfect way to figure out what is needed to flesh out a command.

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:54 am

I wish you could build armies, corps, etc, and assign generals, from one screen just like that. Humans did it with a sheet of paper and a pen. We ought to be able to do it the same way.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:27 pm

fred zeppelin wrote:I wish you could build armies, corps, etc, and assign generals, from one screen just like that. Humans did it with a sheet of paper and a pen. We ought to be able to do it the same way.

Wouldn't it be kind of cool to have a screen that looked like a piece of paper and then in cursive writing you could build corps and divisions or something, and it would be written out as you select the brigades. The image would be a pencil in the hand of a man with a uniform on and when you select say an artillery brigade, you would see the hand write it out in long hand.

Narwhal

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:57 pm

I like the current system way enough. Drag & drop is SO much faster than what GG War to the East is doing.

Creating division "from a paper" like this would suppose that all units would be at the same spot - which they are rarely. So either this screen shows all the "hierarchy", CiC, then armies, then divisions, etc - which would be informative, but not allow to organize units, but then if we don't want "too much information" in one screen it should not show the full hierarchy [not units that are not in the same spot]

jnpoint
Private

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Narwhal wrote:I like the current system way enough. Drag & drop is SO much faster than what GG War to the East is doing.

Creating division "from a paper" like this would suppose that all units would be at the same spot - which they are rarely. So either this screen shows all the "hierarchy", CiC, then armies, then divisions, etc - which would be informative, but not allow to organize units, but then if we don't want "too much information" in one screen it should not show the full hierarchy [not units that are not in the same spot]

Two different screens would do it for me. One with the full hierarchy and one with the units at that spot where it is possible to organize the units.

I would also like the possibility to compare two different units or divisions in a third screen. Sometimes I just miss more tables and graphs.

Lindi
General

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:56 pm

+ 1, for more easy to see global streng by nation and sub-Nation
+ 1, for really more easy to see in fight rapport against who I fight.
+1, for more flag or picture for can see, this ship is Italy and not French and other :)

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Narwhal wrote:I like the current system way enough. Drag & drop is SO much faster than what GG War to the East is doing.

Aha! But you could designate a place of coordination, so as soon as they are built, they start marching off to congregate and wait patiently to be formed into corps and divisions! Problem solved!

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:19 pm

H Gilmer3 wrote:Aha! But you could designate a place of coordination, so as soon as they are built, they start marching off to congregate and wait patiently to be formed into corps and divisions! Problem solved!

Yes.

I'd like to have one screen where you could promote and assign generals, create armies and corps, assign support units - and then designate a point of assembly.

Infinitely easier than the drag and drop "container" approach.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:24 am

It's nothing more than a wish list type of thing. It's nice to discuss it, though.

Return to “To End All Wars”