fred zeppelin
Colonel

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:39 am

vaalen wrote:That is easy, and thanks again. However, I may wait to install it until they have fixed the freezes, which drive me crazy. It is ironic that it is supposed to be more stable than World War 1 gold, which is mostly stable on my system.

Weird, but WWICE has been about as stable for me as WWIG. I just installed it on my laptop and played through the Tannenberg scenario with no problems. It's as smooth on my laptop as on my desktop. I never could have played WWIG on my laptop.

Perhaps the larger campaigns will be an issue, but so far the speed improvements alone make the new game worth the money.

Emeg
Private

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:51 am

H Gilmer3 wrote:Ok, confirmation that they bought this from "the original developer". So, that means if you want it, you are starting from zero. more than likely.

What are our rights as costumers regarding software publishers selling and buying publisher rights to each others? I am afraid we don't have any support rights to count on for a longer period of time. A bad situation for the reputation for Ageod too because World War One is not the only Ageod game that became a toy for this kind of business affairs between software publishers, Pride of Nations is another example. It harms my trust in products developed by Ageod. Further: World War I, La Grande Guerre 14-18 became a huge dismay for me, due bugs and other technical issues it never worked well on my computer system, also not on my new computer I bought last year to replace my older system. It looks to me that (the) parttime game developers, working for Ageod, are not able to support (all) of their products sufficient due their lack of manpower/time.
Greetings, Emeg

PANGI

Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:28 am

I can tell you that i'm the author of the new graphical features. :)
ImageImage

Thronfolger
Corporal

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:13 pm

fred zeppelin wrote:Weird, but WWICE has been about as stable for me as WWIG. I just installed it on my laptop and played through the Tannenberg scenario with no problems. It's as smooth on my laptop as on my desktop. I never could have played WWIG on my laptop.

Perhaps the larger campaigns will be an issue, but so far the speed improvements alone make the new game worth the money.

As you guessed right fred zeppelin - the larger campaigns are the problem here. The gameengine is very fast, but runs itself into frequent memory-leaks.
Windows 7 Home Premium / 64-Bit
Intel Core i3
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 310 512MB

Thronfolger
Corporal

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:44 pm

BTW: watch out for Ageods upcoming WW1 game "To End All Wars" :)

Intel Core i3

4 GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce 310 512MB

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:42 pm

Random wrote:They sell it at their web site for those who dislike dealing with Steam.

But they seem to sell Steam keys only. A zombified game by a vampire producer: a ghoul game.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:48 am

Emeg wrote:What are our rights as costumers regarding software publishers selling and buying publisher rights to each others? I am afraid we don't have any support rights to count on for a longer period of time. A bad situation for the reputation for Ageod too because World War One is not the only Ageod game that became a toy for this kind of business affairs between software publishers, Pride of Nations is another example. It harms my trust in products developed by Ageod. Further: World War I, La Grande Guerre 14-18 became a huge dismay for me, due bugs and other technical issues it never worked well on my computer system, also not on my new computer I bought last year to replace my older system. It looks to me that (the) parttime game developers, working for Ageod, are not able to support (all) of their products sufficient due their lack of manpower/time.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. I think we are out in the cold, if we own WW1 and WW1Gold. Like I mentioned previously, I think we are on our own unless we buy the new version at full price.

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:51 am

I'm happy to pay the new guys to improve the game. I certainly don't expect them to do it for free. AGEOD has done all it intends to do with its game; let's see what the new guys will do with theirs.

TheDoctorKing

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:33 pm

If you don't like Steam, I just bought the game from Neuronzone over digital download. 20 Euros = US$27.95. Glacially slow download speed, however. Don't know if it is because of traffic, poor servers, a long way from France to Oregon, or what ever. So I will be able to report on quality this evening sometime...
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:38 pm

I'm interested in this game even though I own WW1 gold version. Further opinion will be good. If the new Devs included Random's naval mod and further enhancements be made it would be the game to play for longtime besides 'End to all Wars'.

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:51 am

Baris wrote:If the new Devs included Random's naval mod and further enhancements be made it would be the game to play for longtime besides 'End to all Wars'.

All the Gold mods seems to work fine with the Centennial version.

Everything is interchangeable. I'm using the Gold map with the other Centennial artwork.

TheDoctorKing

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:49 am

To clarify, are the WW1G vanilla naval rules in effect in CE? With the unbeatable German battleships? That would be very disappointing.
Stewart King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:57 am

TheDoctorKing wrote:To clarify, are the WW1G vanilla naval rules in effect in CE? With the unbeatable German battleships? That would be very disappointing.

I don't think they've changed any of the rules from Gold. I assume, but can't confirm, that CE is based on the latest Gold patch. So far, all the Gold mods, including the naval mods, work just fine.

Thronfolger
Corporal

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:20 pm

fred zeppelin wrote:I don't think they've changed any of the rules from Gold. I assume, but can't confirm, that CE is based on the latest Gold patch. So far, all the Gold mods, including the naval mods, work just fine.

Yes I agree, I also think, that CE is based on the latest Gold patch.

Intel Core i3

4 GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce 310 512MB

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:57 am

Looks like they released a patch for CE. Strabo said they had one to be released today and my game updated automatically when I started Steam.

No readme and the splash screen still lists the version as 1.0. But performance seems much improved. I made it through the Sept 14 turn in the grand campaign with no crashes or even any slowdowns. Never made it that far before, so I assume the patch is working. Too pronounced, I think, to be placebo effect.

wodin
Sergeant

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Is it worth buying if you own WW1Gold??

Highlandcharge

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi Woden, I own WWI gold and bought the new one on steam as well, its does work a lot faster, I was really impressed by it.... but there are problems with the new version, its fast to start with then slows down to a crawl and becomes unplayable by the September 1914 military turn...

There was a patch released and then withdrawn for an unknown reason, those that managed to get the patch/update on steam say that it does help a lot with the slowdown issue... me and quite a few other people did not manage to get the patch...

The really troubling thing is the developer hasn't posted or been on the games steam forum for 2 days now to explain what went wrong with the patch.. I really hope they are going to continue supporting the game and are not just going to disappear with our money :(

Its a real shame because this is such a great game....

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:Hi Woden, I own WWI gold and bought the new one on steam as well, its does work a lot faster, I was really impressed by it.... but there are problems with the new version, its fast to start with then slows down to a crawl and becomes unplayable by the September 1914 military turn...

There was a patch released and then withdrawn for an unknown reason, those that managed to get the patch/update on steam say that it does help a lot with the slowdown issue... me and quite a few other people did not manage to get the patch...

The really troubling thing is the developer hasn't posted or been on the games steam forum for 2 days now to explain what went wrong with the patch.. I really hope they are going to continue supporting the game and are not just going to disappear with our money :(

Its a real shame because this is such a great game....

I'm one of the few lucky ones what got the patch and it does seem to make a huge difference. Hopefully, Strabo will resurface.

Heck, I've made some mods for the CE version (new counters, etc.) and have nowhere to post them.

TheDoctorKing

Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:36 am

My Neuronzone purchase has not gone through yet. Two bad downloads, then when I contacted customer service they gave me a link to the Steam product. So, disappointment all around.
Stewart King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jap412
Conscript

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:33 am

I managed to get the patch also before it seemed to be pulled. I've made it into 1915 and no problems yet. Hopefully all is good. I do hope Strabo will show back up. I own Ageod's version which was playable by saving often in case of a freeze up. Great game though. I plan on getting EAW also. I have always enjoyed Ageod's games. :)

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:45 am

I made a counter mod for CE.

The mod gives the counters a metallic texture and colored unit cards.

The unit cards come in three colors: copper (cuivre), pewter (etain) and iron (fer).

(Credit for the unit cards goes to Bruit Bleu, who made these for WWI Gold. The metal counter texture is mine.)

To install, copy the Pic_UnitsCounterBack file and the Img_NatoSymbolsLarge.tga (in the color of your choice) to the Data\Graph\Interface\Image folder in the game directory. BACK UP THE ORIGINALS FIRST!

I posted screenshots over on the NeuronZone WWICE site: http://forums.neuronzone.com/forum/our-games/283-

Download link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3988o9dqtt2s24u/Queeg_Counters.zip

jap412
Conscript

Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:05 am

Hey, tried out the the counter mod (etain), looks great.

Lannes
Major

Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:06 am

Great job, very nice

Thanks

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:13 pm

I added a couple of other small mods - helmet icons to replace the rondels on the scenario selection screen and a tiny Red Cross emblem on wounded units.

Links:

Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/297090/discussions/0/43099721570033475/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/297090/discussions/0/43099721571391147/

NeuronZone:

http://forums.neuronzone.com/forum/our-games/290-helmet-player-mod-for-wwice

http://forums.neuronzone.com/forum/our-games/299-

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:09 am

I hope you are getting good play out of the new non-Ageod version, fred.

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:36 am

H Gilmer3 wrote:I hope you are getting good play out of the new non-Ageod version, fred.

I am. Gold was a great game, but the game engine held it back. CE fixes the performance issues.

TheDoctorKing

Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:56 am

Ultimately, I could not successfully install the Centennial Edition. I got a "bad key" result no matter what I tried. They were very nice about the refund. So much for that. Hopefully, AGEOD is going to continue to issue patches for WWIG.
Stewart King

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:47 pm

TheDoctorKing wrote:Ultimately, I could not successfully install the Centennial Edition. I got a "bad key" result no matter what I tried. They were very nice about the refund. So much for that. Hopefully, AGEOD is going to continue to issue patches for WWIG.

Was this on Steam? The Steam download is just a normal Windows installer. The process can be confusing because it's so unlike other Steam games. But once you figure out that it's just a normal installer - exactly the same as an AGEOD installer - it works fine. I'm surprised you couldn't install it at all.

sandman2575
Corporal

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:47 pm

fred zeppelin wrote:Was this on Steam? The Steam download is just a normal Windows installer. The process can be confusing because it's so unlike other Steam games.

I really hope the guys over at DigitalFroggies can rectify this. WW1Gold/CE is a hard enough sell without all these needless technical difficulties. CE shouldn't be the one game among thousands Steam sells that does not install the way a proper Steam game is supposed to. And the confusion about what version is the latest version on the Steam forum is, frankly, just inexcusable on the part of the developers.

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 am

sandman2575 wrote:I really hope the guys over at DigitalFroggies can rectify this. WW1Gold/CE is a hard enough sell without all these needless technical difficulties. CE shouldn't be the one game among thousands Steam sells that does not install the way a proper Steam game is supposed to. And the confusion about what version is the latest version on the Steam forum is, frankly, just inexcusable on the part of the developers.

Agreed.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”