Pocus

Patch 1.03 is out (standalone patch)

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Civil War II Updates (1.03)

Patch 1.03
Release Date: February 2014

How to update your game:
This patch is a comprehensive patch. It can upgrade to latest version any previous version of CW2.
This patch is save-compatible.

LIST OF CHANGES

Get if from there:

http://bit.ly/1guHffX

Gameplay / Game Logic (improvements & fixes)

Development level reduction done by regional decisions was not working.
Land mine decision can now affect cities, not only forts.
Messages on decisions with tests and conditions reworked so they are easier to understand when not successful.
Ability sending command points modifier to subordinate stacks had a bug resulting in double modifiers sometime.
New option added in Menu\Options to play with ‘hidden activation’.
Improved ammo distribution algorithm significantly.
When a leader is forcefully removed from a division (wounded or KIA), then the division remains in place (work as designed) but the interface could crash. Fixed.
Some units had their construction aborted automatically (Timberclads, flatboats). Fixed.

Database

Some abilities icons fixed.
* Added models and units for new flavor unit (USA Flotilla Bde.)
* Changed Mussel Shoals to forbid navigation up the Tennessee past the river region

Interface

Combat Power indicated on each map counter will be the sum of all combat powers of all stacks of the region.
Combat Power and the 3 gauges (hits, cohesion, Supply) only appear on enemy counters if there is at least 2 extra detection points toward the enemy stack.
Console-based Replay feature makes a comeback (experimental support!). If your current turn has a replay (bring it from the Options menu, but Replay slow down turn processing and needs a lot of memory), then invoke the console and type loadreplay. Once the console has finished loading, you can hit space to start/pause/resume replay or hit escape to abort it.

Historical setting and events

Additional flavor units added at historical time: Cable Brigade, Texas Greyhounds, Waul Legion, Iron Cavalry Bde, Thomas’ Legion.
Sioux uprising event improved.
Fixed missing images (Kentucky)
Fixed texts (e.g. Virginia commissioned)
Added events for new Flavor Bde.
Army number is now limited: in 1861, max 3 armies per side. In March 1862, six per side. In March 1863 and onward, 9 per side.
Corrected a cost issue in CSA rail pool option.

AI

AI has been improved on sending supply wagons and artilleries.
AI has been improved on resupplying algorithm.
AI less prone to stay within a structure, if in (at least) partial superiority.
AI will be more vigilant in defending its capital.

Game Balance

Several tweaks for CSA and USA.
Things that would benefit CSA:
1) Add one more CSA draft card each year. They would receive 4 to current Union 8 cards (1:2 ratios).
2) Add 2 more cotton warehouses to the CSA, for a total of 5 (New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah, Mobile, Wilmington).
3) Add 4 barracks (New Orleans San Antonio, Macon, and Raleigh).
4) Add 6 VP to CSA production by increasing Objective value of New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah and Mobile.
5) Double troops from mobilization options
6) Increase money options yield from 400 to 600$

Things that would benefit US:
1) Raise the tax and bonds yield from 400 to 800$.
2) Add additional +15 FI bonuses for Emancipation proclamation.
3) Add Event creating 10 vol. brigades to Washington, and 5 vol. brigades to Alexandria in Nov, 61. Have them unlocked after 60 turns (2.5 years).
4) Add 6 barracks (Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburg, and Philadelphia).
5) Double troops from mobilization options.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Taillebois
General of the Army

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Downloaded and installed ok thanks.

I must say I find it weird having several stacks showing exactly the same PWR being the total of the region rather than the stack themselves. It strikes me as a pretty weird change.

In fact I think it is appalling. Can I change it?

Saltaholicwm
Conscript

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Anyone else having issues installing this patch? I attempt to install the patch and then it says, "Civil War II could not be located on your system. Re-install Civil War II and then run this patch again." I've had no issues installing previous patches, so I'm not sure why all of a sudden I'm having an issue with this one.

vonRocko
Colonel

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Taillebois wrote:Downloaded and installed ok thanks.

I must say I find it weird having several stacks showing exactly the same PWR being the total of the region rather than the stack themselves. It strikes me as a pretty weird change.

+1

soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Saltaholicwm wrote:Anyone else having issues installing this patch? I attempt to install the patch and then it says, "Civil War II could not be located on your system. Re-install Civil War II and then run this patch again." I've had no issues installing previous patches, so I'm not sure why all of a sudden I'm having an issue with this one.

Had no problems at all but then I patched by clicking on the 'check for updates' on the game start up screen. That does the download via Matrix but for me it was seamless.

soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Another +1 I would have preferred it to be left as was. I suppose I shall get used to it but I shall never like it. It seems completely wrong to see a single unit with a power of 2000.

I know part of the argument was that a single leader could hide everything underneath. Personally that has never bothered me on the odd occasion it happened. When it has I just accept it as 'lousy reconnaissance' . If I discovered an opponent was using the ploy deliberately and often I'd either not play them or introduce a house rule.

StoneWall Jackson
Corporal

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:59 pm

So there is no way to see each stack power if your dividing your forces to send in two separate ways for example?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

minipol
General

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:22 pm

Yes there is. You can click on the unit to see its individual power

planefinder
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Pocus, are there any plans in the works for a 1.04 patch and/or another set of DLC? I'm sure the community could find some features worth paying for to continue development.

StoneWall Jackson
Corporal

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:47 pm

minipol wrote:Yes there is. You can click on the unit to see its individual power

Thank You.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:40 am

There will be a 1.04 patch yes, already in the work.

For the aggregated power value, we will make that optional, some of the betas already expressed they preferred the old way.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:41 am

Saltaholicwm wrote:Anyone else having issues installing this patch? I attempt to install the patch and then it says, "Civil War II could not be located on your system. Re-install Civil War II and then run this patch again." I've had no issues installing previous patches, so I'm not sure why all of a sudden I'm having an issue with this one.

If you have issue installing, you can contact Paulo Costa from Matrix support at this address: Paulo Costa <paulo@slitherine.co.uk>

Ace

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:44 am

I got the same message when I tried to use in-game update option. When I downloaded patch from this thread, everything worked fine.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:15 pm

Pocus wrote:There will be a 1.04 patch yes, already in the work.

For the aggregated power value, we will make that optional, some of the betas already expressed they preferred the old way.

I initially preferred the old way too. But after some time w/ 1.03, I kinda like the aggregated power values now.

Ace

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:44 pm

I think it would be best to have aggregate power for the opponent and the old way for the player's stacks.

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:57 pm

Ace wrote:I think it would be best to have aggregate power for the opponent and the old way for the player's stacks.

Agree +1

vonRocko
Colonel

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Pocus wrote:There will be a 1.04 patch yes, already in the work.

Thanks Pocus. All I want is the option. I like the old way.

Keeler
Captain

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Ace wrote:I think it would be best to have aggregate power for the opponent and the old way for the player's stacks.

Agreed
"Thank God. I thought it was a New York Regiment."- Unknown Confederate major, upon learning he had surrendered to the 6th Wisconsin.

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:58 pm

I dunno - kinda found the 'old way' to be useful, with the 'Also here' bit. Gave me a breakdown, although I'm sure the perceptive here realize that Athena re-organizes on the fly & humans tend to be right ol' fossils with their command structures.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

minipol
General

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:06 pm

I would like to see it as Ace does, aggregate for the enemy, old way for my own stacks.

atlan66
Conscript

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Hello, I just want to ask if there will be a german localization in Patch 1.04 or if it is canceled ?

Fatboy
Sergeant

Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:08 am

I am also having this problem with 1.3. Could it be because my ACWII is installed on my G: drive & not C:?

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:43 am

Could well be a path statement issue. Try the default path on your C drive (or main partition, I'm just guessing here).
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]

-Daniel Webster

RULES

(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Ol' Choctaw

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:04 am

If it is not installing correctly go to where ever you game is installed, open the game folder and look in the patches folder.

If it is not there you will need to find where it was installed. Check your downloads and move it to the patch file and run the installation from there. If the patch is in the folder you can try reinstalling it and see if that helps.

If you don’t know where it is installed check any folders called My Games or Games and have a look there.

bbmike
Sergeant

Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:18 pm

I installed the 1.03 patch but the game still says 1.01. If I try to re-install 1.03 it says I'm up to date. What should I do?

Le Ricain

Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:58 pm

bbmike wrote:I installed the 1.03 patch but the game still says 1.01. If I try to re-install 1.03 it says I'm up to date. What should I do?

My experience was similar to yours. I uninstalled CW2 and D/L CW2 1.00. I was then able to patch to 1.03.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Pocus

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:03 pm

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:00 am

The "Other Nations" boxes on the Objectives screen are blank.

But if I'm reading it right, we now have our units displaying their Pwr individually, while the opposition's Pwr is summed, but still displayed as a breakdown if you mouseover. Nice!

-Daniel Webster

RULES

Pocus

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:56 am

Yes, this will be fixed for the next QF.

MikeV
Sergeant

!Main log.txt

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Don't know if these are fixed in the 1.04 RC.
From an early (1861 April) campaign.
Looks like some address violations (invalid pointers?) and missing assets.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Return to “Civil War II”