Crixdaz
Sergeant

Colonial and artillery issues

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:00 pm

I've discovered recently some bugs in my ottoman game. I'm playing with the 1.03e patch:

-I cannot declare Hijaz as a colony:

I've fulfilled all the conditions, but the game says that my average colonial penetration is not enough. According to the Colonial ledger my average is 46, I've also done the math and is 42.7 and it should be enough with an average of 40. What I'm missing?

-The artillery doesn't work most of the time:

In the general forum there's a quickfix to solve this: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?25400-Heavy-HQ-bug-in-1-3 I've followed the instructions but it doesn't work for me:

These are the new files of the quickfix, I've also erased the Models.Cached. What can be wrong?
Excuse my bad english, don't doubt to correct me ;)

Kensai

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:15 pm

Colonial penetration should have an average on all regions, but a higher percentage in the colonial capital. Don't remember the exact number. Make sure you have more than enough in the capital itself. Btw, regarding vassals, unfortunately they are broken. The colonial upgrade from vassals to colonies has not been programmed (or it is bugged). Always do protectorates unless you are about to lose the place.

Regarding the HQ bugs. I thought it was fixed in a later version of the game. Do as Philippe says in the thread you link. Delete the cache and retry.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Jim-NC

Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:12 am

Is there a hidden region that is past of the colonial area? You may have a 0% unexplored area lowering your calculations.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crixdaz
Sergeant

Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:55 am

I don't think so, but anyway, the ottomans doesn't have the possibility of exploration. :confused: In fact the arabian zone is in my sphere of influence but I can't discover it.
Excuse my bad english, don't doubt to correct me ;)

Kensai

Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:17 pm

Seeing from the screenshot, this may be the case. Hijaz looks undiscovered (the middle of the Arabian peninsula). You will have to wait for the automatic events that discover this part of the land or other countries that do it.

Make sure you have sufficient CP in all the regions that make up the potential colony of Hijaz:

Code: Select all

// Area #636
{Area}
UID = $Colony_Hijaz
Name = Colony_Hijaz
Hierarchy = -1
ListParams = $Tabuk|$Kaf|$Yanbu|$Hijaz|$Rafha|$Hail|$Medina|$Djeddah|$Makkah|$Abha|
{/Area}

I can help you add explorers in your game, but such an action is unhistorical for this era's Ottoman Empire.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Return to “PON Technical Support / Aide Technique”