Pocus

Rise of Prussia Gold patch 1.11

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi gents,

Here is the latest, all inclusive patch for ROP Gold!

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/RiseOfPrussiaGold/RiseOfPrussiaGold-update-v111.zip

v1.11
readme as RTF file:
[ATTACH]25963[/ATTACH]

Game logic
Fixed bug in combining units together.
Reconnaissance Party now also removes 1 hide point to the enemy units (if played adjacent) or add 1 hide point to your units (if played in the same region as your army). In addition to the control change. Don’t affect raiders and skirmishers.

AI
AI less aggressive in some instances.
AI form up brigades much more efficiently.
AI less prone to siege with cavalry.
AI less prone to build Redoubts.
New AI algorithm to collect idle leaders.

Modding & Scripting
Diplomacy levels exported. Now it’s possible to have a separate value for sharing intelligence, passage rights and supply rights.

Events
Several issues with the events fixed.
Scenarios & Campaigns
The multiplayers campaign has now the 3 allies not sharing field of view.

Data
Several issues with the units database fixed.
Colors for filters 5 and 6 (grand regions & theaters) have been restored.

Graphics / Interface
Added missing filters and top bar graphics.
Bird graphic replaced when opening regional decisions.
Corrected VP Count in the Objectives Ledger page.
Fixed overlapping icons in the ledger.
Attachments
ROP Gold Updates.zip
(9.79 KiB) Downloaded 879 times

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Highlandcharge

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks for the patch, is this save compatible with games started with gold 1.11 rc2?

Cheers :)

Pocus

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Yes, but you will not have some of the new features I believe.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Searry
Colonel

Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi, are the Russians finally fixed?

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Searry wrote:Hi, are the Russians finally fixed?

Yes, they are.

At least in PBEM.

I have played them in a 4-player game, and Prussia was defeated, with Russians (and Austrians) in Berlin and Frankfort.

I haven't seen the AI move the Russian armies towards Pommern though in several test games.

Searry
Colonel

Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:53 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:Yes, they are.

At least in PBEM.

I have played them in a 4-player game, and Prussia was defeated, with Russians (and Austrians) in Berlin and Frankfort.

I haven't seen the AI move the Russian armies towards Pommern though in several test games.

How about 1v1? The areas near East Prussia never unlocked in the previous version.

Vadim
Corporal

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Searry wrote:How about 1v1? The areas near East Prussia never unlocked in the previous version.

And here if Memel works you still have to change the owner of the province which has the russian "border depot" to move the russians out of their trap. Armies are unlocked, but province isnt russian and not playable for some odd reason. You just need to change the script, my opponent did and it works perfectly.

Searry
Colonel

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Vadim wrote:And here if Memel works you still have to change the owner of the province which has the russian "border depot" to move the russians out of their trap. Armies are unlocked, but province isnt russian and not playable for some odd reason. You just need to change the script, my opponent did and it works perfectly.

How isn't this still not fixed? Goddamn it. How exactly do you do this and does it work before the event is supposed to open the province.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:21 pm

if its not fixed the easiest solution is to copy the events from the MP file into the SP file -- the MP works fine, flips provinces and opens them up for later movement
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:46 pm

I just did a quick play of the latest version in 2-player mode, and the entry of the Russians is indeed broken. The army with depot enters in a Polish region that cannot entered, and they cannot move.

(So it appears only Vadim and his partner have played a 2-player campaign in the Gold version.)

@Loki: exactly what files do you propose to change?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:I just did a quick play of the latest version in 2-player mode, and the entry of the Russians is indeed broken. The army with depot enters in a Polish region that cannot entered, and they cannot move.

(So it appears only Vadim and his partner have played a 2-player campaign in the Gold version.)

@Loki: exactly what files do you propose to change?

What I think is that all the events in 1757_Events_MP around the Russian entry are WAD, they set up the chance to advance to Koenigsberg etc. Those in 1757_Events miss key lines, hence the regular problems in SP.

Now you could just copy and rename 1757_Events_MP but I'd be a little bit cautious as there maybe some that need to be different. So what I would do is to open *_*_MP and find 'RUS_MemelLanding1757' then copy everything from there to the 'EndEvent' above GBR_NewCoalition1757 and overwrite the same events in 1757_Events. That should work. If not then then simply replace the text purely in Memel Landing with this - I'm pretty sure I had in on the AGEOD forum too but can't find it back.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Your link mentions using an elaborate reconnaissance with cavalry along the Baltic coast, but in the multi-player version the Russians can just move through Poland.

So probably some more events have to be added to fix this part back to the non-gold and multiplayer situation?

I am still wondering what is the use of the Danzig supply option for the Russians. Without that option a depot next to Danzig will supply the Russian army, so in effect it saves one depot between Danzig and Stettin? Worth the EP?

Especially in MP the Russians are pretty short in EP's (and all those Swedish reinforcement options costing 25 EP are essentially far out of reach).

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Ah, that may refer to the problem that has been fixed in this patch. Before you needed the excessively tedious task of using that recon card to open up the road from Koenigsberg to Danzig. I've not had chance to play RoP for about a year and my last game was a slow moving 4 player PBEM that seemed to just fizzle out.

As the Allies, I never pay for Danzig. My logic is that the Prussians (who are cash rich) will automatically pay for its neutrality so there is no gain to wasting EPs on it.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:06 pm

loki100 wrote:As the Allies, I never pay for Danzig. My logic is that the Prussians (who are cash rich) will automatically pay for its neutrality so there is no gain to wasting EPs on it.

After this advice the Prussian player can save his money as well :)

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:After this advice the Prussian player can save his money as well :)

well yep, but if I play a regular opponent, I'd be tempted every now and then to call their bluff. Truth is with Prussia you can't use up all that nice British cash so its not as if you'd do much else instead.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:27 pm

You should use a dieroll to make that decision, then you cannot be outguessed.

But back to the topic, II would advice anyone who wants to play a two-player game at the moment to play the four-player game and give three faction to the Austrian player.

The risk of discovering after a year game time that the scenario is not working correctly is simply too large.

The four-player game works fine, although I think one should not take the partial victory conditions seriously.

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:21 pm

I started a long campaign as the Prussians vs the AI using the latest patch. My Fredericks main army was attacked and completely smashed by the Austrians near Prag in July 1757. I didn't last even a year. I checked out the Austrians once I realized I was completely destroyed and discovered the Austrians outnumbered me at Prag by around 1.5-2x and had superb army/corps commanders. The AI didn't wait for my attack but simply charged out and crushed my concentrated army under Frederick and his best corps commanders. Either I am doing something really wrong or it isn't possible to beat the AI as the Prussians in the latest long campaign version.

stormbringer3
Sergeant

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:02 pm

I've been wondering the same thing. I've restarted and restarted this Campaign because I've been swarmed by huge armies and I'm in a no win position very soon. This time I'm doing a lot better because for some reason the Russians aren't advancing as they usually do. Even so, I've killed so many more of the Austrians etc. than I've lost, especially destroying so many of their elements, yet I'm still facing large armies. I'm playing on Sargeant so I'd hate to see Lieutenant!

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:04 pm

I'd suggest two strategies might pay off.

First use that Prussian army that starts in Silesia to push into Eastern Austria, that may well distract the Austrians and force them to split up. Second you really need to harm their starting army or by summer 1757 that + their new forces are indeed formidable. Usually you can replace your 1756 losses (you have the cash and casualties trickle back) so its a good gamble to go for Prag - even if you fail in this (most likely) make them fight hard in 1756. Although Austria has lots of manpower it is short of cash, and that makes it harder to replace losses.

From 1757 Prussian losses hurt more as you are in a 3 front war and may start losing key recruitment provinces, but you do have to put a decent dent in the Austrians in 1756 if you can.

squidelica
Sergeant

Thu May 29, 2014 10:57 pm

what about for steam users? how do we get this patch to work?
:)

Durk

Fri May 30, 2014 3:35 am

Oh steam!! What can I say. Play this game outside of steam. Please.

Pocus

Fri May 30, 2014 9:09 am

1.11 patch will soon be on Steam. Perhaps in one week.

ashandresash
Captain

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Pocus wrote:1.11 patch will soon be on Steam. Perhaps in one week.

Awesome, looking forward to it.

Ebbingford

Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:21 pm

ashandresash wrote:Awesome, looking forward to it.

It's been out since December though, you could have been playing with it since then.....
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Just minor but can be important for 4 player pbem game:
Large Swedish army option for Stralsund needs 30 EP despite written 25 EP tooltip in game. Can be changed from ...ROP/Events/ROP Options Reinforcements_MP.sct to 25.
selectFaction = $RUS

SelectFaction = $RUS
StartEvent = evt_nam_SWE_Reinforcement_Check|999|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions
CheckOption = $gmaOptionMil;SWE_Reinforcement;=;1
EvalEngagementPts = >=;30

EvalRgnOwned = $Stralsund

Actions
ChgFacEngagementPts = -30
SetCohesion = 30

SelectRegion = $Stralsund

SelectFaction = $RUS
SelectRegion = $Stralsund
CreateGroup
Posture = $Defensive
SetKind = $Land
Entranch = 0
InCS = 0
FixType = 2
SetName = Svenska Armee

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:30 pm

But how will the Russian player in the 4-player game ever gather 25 EP? That will take over two years with no other spending on options.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Erik Springelkamp wrote:But how will the Russian player in the 4-player game ever gather 25 EP?

With the 4 player start date it is the next early summer (If Stralsund not under siege or fall before). By the same time optimally Russians come closer to Kolberg. Swedish&Rus player doesn't really need to spend any EP for other options as Prussians isolated and eastern front relatively more quite.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:26 pm

By reinforcing in Stralsund with the fifth Swedish support brigade option (10 EP) There was only a leader Lybecker and a single unit consist of 4 elements of the 5th battery regiment unit appeared in map. Since Swedish can not produce artillery units I think that is WAD?

Shri

Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi guys, i first played AGEOD- WW1 Gold and really liked it that made me pester the DEVS to allow me to BETA test their TEAW and i have sent them a thousand opinions, many useless but some liked and accepted. This made me explore AGEOD titles more, the one historical period other than the GREAT WAR that i really like is the 7-year War and Napoleonic Wars but i heard on the forum indirectly that chances of NCP2 is higher than ROP2, so i purchased ROP.

Can i get some starting tips for ROP Gold-
Units,
Artillery- is artillery that much good in Fredrick's age? Napoleon used it brilliantly, but Fredrick was more of discipline and out-flanking.
Anything appreciated.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:42 pm

Hey there is the patch on Steam - does not ook like it...lcan Russian units now pass through Poland or are they still stuck?

Return to “Rise of Prussia”