Vernon
Civilian

Problem moving Russians

Fri May 31, 2013 5:55 am

Hello,
I've just come back to ROP after a little hiatus, I didn't play it much before so I quite new to the game

I purchased the gold upgrade and am playing a 56-64 game as the Austria

My "problem" is that there's a large Russian army (multiple stacks, about 10000 pwr currently) unlocked in the province of Wierzbolow for over an year now (its early Aug 58 now) with out being able to move, The game reports "This region can not be entered in this Scenario".
Do they become able to move later? or is there something that has to be done to "unlock" them

Sorry if this is obvious.... :confused: I searched the forum but couldn't seem to find any thing relevant
Thanks

Ebbingford

Fri May 31, 2013 9:34 am

"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Vernon
Civilian

Fri May 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks Ebbingford
I'm not sure if its the same thing though :confused:

I've already transited two Russian columns through neutral Poland and down into Austrian earlier in the game, They started up by Memel

And I cannot seem to actually do anything to change the MC of Wierzbolow
Recon can not be used on it, and the army has been there for over a year and the region is still 100% Polish MC
I seem to be in supply there though and nice and warm in winter....

I don't really understand why some of Poland is neutral/blocked and some is open and MC doesn't matter....

Ebbingford

Fri May 31, 2013 10:47 pm

From Wierzbolow they should be able to move staight away, the next regions west on the way to Koenigsberg are all Prussian.
Perhaps you should post a save so someone can take a look.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Ebbingford

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:00 am

Ye Olde Bugge.
I have just played the 4 player scenario through as Russia until their forces arrive in Wierzbolow. The turn they arrive a depot is built there and the loyalty is 100% Russian as is the MC. They can move into any of the Prussian regions bordering Wierzbolow.
However in the 1756-64 game they arrive in Wierzbolow which has 100% loyalty to Poland and the MC is also 100% Polish. The depot that is built there is Austrian, so that is why your forces are getting supplied. They can't move out of the region though. A game breaker for Russia.
Save, backup and script attached if required.
Attachments
BlockedRussians.rar
(911.11 KiB) Downloaded 309 times

Vernon
Civilian

Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:06 am

Thanks for that Ebbingford
At least I know that it wasn't because I was doing something stupid :)

Here is my save as well in case it is useful to someone
Guess I should try one of the new scenarios instead while its being looked at
Attachments
Campaign 56-63 Aus.zip
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 279 times

Vernon
Civilian

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:47 am

Just thought I should bump this in case the Devs have missed it....
It does seem to be a single player main campaign game breaker, (maybe its is only affecting a few people??)
thanks

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:27 am

Hi

try this script (I'm not used to the RoP syntax but I think it will work), add the decision to the bottom of say 'Austrian Choices' events and it should fire and sort out the problem.

SelectFaction = $AUS
SelectRegion = $Wierzbolow (suggest do a double check that is correctly spelt)
StartEvent = sort out ownership Wierzbolow|1|1|NULL|NULL|$Wierzbelow|NULL

SelectRegion = $Wierzbolow
SetControl = 100
AddSubFacRgn = RUS
ChangeRgnOwner = POL

EndEvent

I've adapted the variation of the Gdansk chain were Russia would actually gain ownership (ie Austria pays and Prussia doesn't). I'm not sure if it will cure the loyalty problem but at least you can use the decision card to get around that.

hope it helps
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

leftguard
Corporal

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:24 am

Yes, I've come across this problem now too, in the Austria campaign I started over the weekend - lots of essential (and activated) Russian troops have become available, but are unable to leave their initial depot start location.

Loki, I'd like to try out your script fix, but as a total newcomer to such things, where should I be looking to add the event (file-wise)?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:03 am

leftguard wrote:Yes, I've come across this problem now too, in the Austria campaign I started over the weekend - lots of essential (and activated) Russian troops have become available, but are unable to leave their initial depot start location.

Loki, I'd like to try out your script fix, but as a total newcomer to such things, where should I be looking to add the event (file-wise)?

sorry hadn't seen this for a while - easiest would be to pop it at the end of say 'austrian transfers' in the RoP/Events directory. It will pick it up and run it with the next turn. Let me know (here or by pm) if it falls over, I'm used to the PoN syntax structure but RoP is a little bit different so there may be a simple error in how I've written it

R

leftguard
Corporal

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi Loki,

Thanks for the response. I updated the Austrian Transfers event as you suggested, but in two attempts to introduce the new event it has failed. The first time, the game crashed (sorry, I didn't have error logging enabled). The second time I received a scripting error message with a click to proceed box, which instead of crashing, did manage to process the end turn, but without releasing Wierzbolow.

One change I made to your script was to correct what I think to be a mis-spelling of Wierzbolow (as Wierzbelow) in the Start Event line 3. Otherwise it was a pure copy and paste, with just your spelling check note removed.

I should just say that if I need to put this game on hold for a while, it's not the end of the world - I have only put a few hours into it, and was viewing it as a partial practice game before starting through the shorter scenarios in any case.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:09 am

Hi

sorry about that but I think I've found a better solution, esp since I know this works in the MP version. I've looked at the 'Memel' event in both versions and there seems to be missing code from the SP version. What I wuld do, is first make a backup of the "1757 Events" text file. If you simply copy and paste it in the directory this will do the business.

Open that file and search for 'memel', that will give you the 'memellanding' event that seems to be the root of the problem. If you then open the 1757 Events_MP directory and do the same search, its clear the two versions are not the same.

What I've done is to copy the lines:

SelectRegion = $Poniewicz
BlockState = 0

SelectRegion = $Wileia
SelectRegion = $Wileia
BlockState = 0

BlockState = 0

SelectRegion = $Wischiten
BlockState = 0

SelectRegion = $Lyck
SelectRegion = $Lyck
BlockState = 0

SelectRegion = $Niemen1
SelectRegion = $Niemen1
BlockState = 0

SelectRegion = $Niemen2
SelectRegion = $Niemen2
BlockState = 0

ChangeRgnOwner = POL;PRU
AddSubFacRgn = RUS;$Wierzbolow

If you copy this over the existing text in the SP version which is:

ChangeRgnOwner = PRU

You should be good to go, for completeness, this is the revised memel event in its entirety so you just need to do a cut and paste.

SelectFaction = $RUS
SelectRegion = $Memel

SelectFaction = $RUS
SelectRegion = $Memel
StartEvent = evt_nam_RUS_MemelLanding1757|1|1|NULL|NULL|$Memel|NULL

Conditions
FixedDate = 1757/06/28

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_RUS_MemelLanding1757

BlockState = 0

SelectRegion = $Wileia
SelectRegion = $Wileia
BlockState = 0

BlockState = 0

BlockState = 0

SelectRegion = $Lyck
SelectRegion = $Lyck
BlockState = 0

SelectRegion = $Niemen1
SelectRegion = $Niemen1
BlockState = 0

SelectRegion = $Niemen2
SelectRegion = $Niemen2
BlockState = 0

ChangeRgnOwner = POL;PRU

CreateStruc
SetType = $Depot
SetLevel = 2
SetName = Border Depot
Apply

ChangeSupply = 200;50;0

R

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:26 pm

The Memel event in the 1757 Events.sct is huge and contains many entries for Austria. Just to confirm that the short event text above replaces the much larger event text in its entirety?

Thanks in advance.

-C

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:39 pm

Random wrote:The Memel event in the 1757 Events.sct is huge and contains many entries for Austria. Just to confirm that the short event text above replaces the much larger event text in its entirety?

Thanks in advance.

-C

yes, I'd simply replace all the Memellanding event in the 1757 text with the one above - that should do it. In effect the PBEM version works fine, Russians arrive, march on Koenigsberg and that text is from the MP version of the events

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Thank you!

-C

leftguard
Corporal

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Well, this didn't work for me, probably because I'm simply beyond the event trigger date of 28 June 1757.

I'm now wondering about setting up a simple region allegiance shift event for Wierzbolow, for 1st Feb 1758, (to RUS), as this should fire during my next game turn. This would be added to my 1758 events file of course.

Any thoughts on what this might look like? I've had an initial attempt but without success.

I've now come up with this event script below, added to my 1758 events file - I shall check it out tomorrow, but any thoughts welcome... especially not sure of the logic of the ChangeRgnOwner line, but it's taken from the 1757 MP so should work?

SelectFaction = $RUS

SelectFaction = $RUS
StartEvent = evt_nam_RUS_RussiaAcquiresWierzbolow1758|1|1|NULL|NULL|$Wierzbolow|NULL

Conditions
FixedDate = 1758/02/01

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_RUS_RussiaAcquiresWierzbolow1758

BlockState = 0

ChangeRgnOwner = POL;PRU

EndEvent

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:00 am

I think you also need the code for the other provinces so that they are no longer blocked. Without that, you'll still be trapped but for a different reason?

I guess you are right, as the basic script has a fixed date then if you are past that stage it may not fire. The other reason maybe that particular event has 'fired' in your game and is recorded in the game log as such (I'm using PoN as a guide here), if so renamimg it for the 1758 iteration is a good idea. For that, actualy, I'd delete the 'conditions' and just have it happen on the next possible turn

leftguard
Corporal

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:00 am

Just time for a quick test before work, and the new script worked - Wierzbolow has switched loyalty, and my Russians are free to move into the area :D

I didn't add the other regions, but might do so later.

Loki, many thanks for your help with this - I never would have got this sorted without your contributions.

vicco
Private

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:14 pm

loki100 wrote:yes, I'd simply replace all the Memellanding event in the 1757 text with the one above - that should do it. In effect the PBEM version works fine, Russians arrive, march on Koenigsberg and that text is from the MP version of the events

Hi! Just got R0P Gold. Wouldn't it be easier just to make a copy of 1757 Event_MP.sct file & rename the file 1757 Events.sct & replace the original 1757 Events.sct file with the renamed file?

Vadim
Corporal

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:59 am

It works and really helps a lot. I think AGEOD should make a patch with it, just to fix this issue. Would just take 5 min of working time (or even less?). ROP is a great game by the way, map and engine could be recycle into a 30 Years War game.

bob.
General

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:25 pm

I am right now playing a PBEM game and it seems the Russian locked bug is still in the game, even with ROP Gold latest patch.

ashandresash
Captain

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:49 pm

bob. wrote:I am right now playing a PBEM game and it seems the Russian locked bug is still in the game, even with ROP Gold latest patch.

In MP? It was just in single player, or that is what I thought. Anyway in the Mod section there are several fixes (this included) which I consider like a semi-official, at least, patch.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?34104-ROP-Gold-mods

bob.
General

Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:48 am

No, it's in MP, with a full campaign game. If any of the Devs are interested I can attach a save game.
I just assumed that the Russians would be unlocked some time during the game, so I played without them and only now in turn 40 I felt like this could not be right :bonk:

But I'm doing pretty well without the Russians so I won't unlock them. Just wanted to inform in case there will ever be another ROP Gold patch.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:10 pm

In 4 player pbem before (which played through 1759 AFAIK), me playing Russians there wasn't a problem. But I applied the fixes in the mod section.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:44 am

I wish I had known this before doing my let's play. The Russians sat out the war. I had a decent force in Koenigsberg with a real army under Heinrich Von Preussen and we ran out of supplies waiting for the Russians. I eventually pulled them back because supply was zero at Koenigsberg. I then kept Heinrich's army at Colberg for many turns waiting for when the Russians attacked. They never did,
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

Return to “Rise of Prussia”