Pocus

NVidia serie 6 users, report in please

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:06 pm

Hello,

Some Nvidia serie 6 users (6600 GT & 6800 GT) get some occasional & random crashes in the game.

We would like to know if some of you have this video card and how many suffers from these unexpected crashes. (the error message speaks of an unexpected application error, as this is pure DirectX/Video Driver problem).

If you dont have this problem and have this kind of card, please post here. For those having the problems, you can contact us at support@ageod.com, if not already done.

An attempt to fix the issue will be released monday.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

SlyBelle
Corporal

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:14 pm

Pocus,

I have a 6800 but haven't purchased it yet. Thinking strongly about but was wondering if I did purchase today, would I get it soon? If so, I could run some tests and see if I have any issues for you.

Vanmia

Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:17 pm

J'ai une Nvidia 6800, et malheureusement je suis buggué :p leure:

Plantage et retour windows aléatoire. J'ai mis la derniere version du pilote du mois de février, et rien ne change.

J'ai déja envoyé des mails pour faire part de mon problème.

Hell Patrol
Lieutenant

Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:38 pm

6800GT 256mg card here, i had a crash when first trying scenario #6, it was then i enabled the "bug log?" option to help the devs. No crashes since but i will make a full report if need be. Note: choosing the "pre-caching" map option really speeds up scrolling/zooming...not that i had a problem with it.

JohnB
Conscript

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:13 am

Yes, I have Nvidia 6800, and I have been experiencing this fault. On the full French and Indian War scenario, I have the crash mentioned above every few game turns. If it happens, I load the most recent saved game, and can then usually continue for a few turns until the same crash happens again.I've just started the full War of Independence scenario, and haven't yet had the problem in the first three game turns.

I'll look forward to trying the "fix" when it's released, and will report back on the results.

Other than that, its a great game, challenging and a lot of fun to play.

Pocus

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:38 am

minipatch posted

Reiryc

Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:16 pm

I have the 6600 gt pci express card and have not had a crash since buying the game sunday evening.

I've probably logged about 2.5 hrs on sunday and about 1.5 hrs on monday with the new patch.

Rodwen
Corporal

Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:33 pm

6600 GT : depuis le patch, après 2 heures de jeu, aucun problème

:coeurs: :coeurs: :coeurs:

sorry ... since the patch, after gaming 2 hours, no problem
"Combien de temps me reste t-il à vivre ?"
"Quelques heures à peine".
"Tant mieux, je ne verrai pas les Anglais dans Québec". (Montcalm - 1759)

JohnB
Conscript

Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:12 pm

After six turns of the F-I campaign game, also no problem.

Thank you very much, gentlemen, for your prompt response to this "bug" :hat:

SlyBelle
Corporal

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:46 am

Ended up purchasing and I have 6800. No issues after a handful of games.

Pocus

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:07 am

anybody else with a NVidia can confirm?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:45 am

Well... I had it running all night (meanwhile I was sleeping) and it crashed on an incorrect DirectX call.

Sorry, but it seems we have to move to another patch to fix it. :p leure:

Pocus

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:53 am

what was the state of your screen when you got the bug? In screen saver/Energy reduction mode?

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:25 am

Screen saver mode, back to "Ecran d'accueil".

My mistake, it was the screen saver bug and not the Nvidia bug :nuts:

Nvidia bug moves in mysterious ways... First time, BoA crashed after 2 minutes of Tutorial, and then I was able to play bunch of games for 3 days until Patch 1.01...

A betatester nightmare... but a player dilight :niark:

Franchot
Conscript

Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:10 am

After a week of playing, everything is good between my 6600 GT and the game. Got one, single crash so far. And this was before the patch, but I played a lot before applying the patch. Post patch, no problems so far.

Pocus

Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:48 am

good! gameplay bugs are nothing compared to a video bug...

Rodwen
Corporal

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:55 pm

@Pocus : après une semaine de jeu intensif .... plus aucun problème !!!!
"Combien de temps me reste t-il à vivre ?"

"Quelques heures à peine".

"Tant mieux, je ne verrai pas les Anglais dans Québec". (Montcalm - 1759)

Grell
Corporal

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:10 pm

Hi Pocus,

I don't have a 6000 series card, I have 2 geforce 7800 GTX in SLI mode and the game just locks up at times. When it does lock up I need to reboot my computer. The patch doesn't help me at all.

Any idea what may be the problem? My system is brand new.

Regards,

Grell

Pocus

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:29 pm

I would need the log files located in birth of america\boa\logs to check where can be the problem. Dont restart the game before sending the logs, are they are cleared each time.

How frequent is the bug (average time between 2 locks up)?

Grell
Corporal

Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:59 pm

Pocus,

The game crashes every other time I load it so the crashes are frequent.

Regards,

Grell

P.S. Where do I email the logs?

Pocus

Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:23 pm

to [email="support@ageod.com"]support@ageod.com[/email]

Are you saying that the game crash from time to time when you load it, and wont crash during game if it suceeded loading?

give me your DxDiag also, these video bugs are tricky.

Grell
Corporal

Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:32 pm

Hi Pocus,

It crashes randomly. Sometimes once the game is just loaded and others when playing. It's very random and yet common.

Regards,

Grell

Note: I'll send you the dxdiag as you asked as well.

Donan
Private

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:38 pm

I have a GeForce 6600 GT (AGP 8x). I had finished the tutorial and it was sitting at the victory report (not the big one, but the small one)and I went to do something. During that time my screensaver came up (starfield). I have two person switch to desktop (wife and I) and clicked on mine to go to my desktop and I got a complete black screen. Waited a bit to see if it was just taking time to redraw. No dice. Then brought up Task Manager to try and terminate. I saw the 'ageod' was running. Tried and Alt-Tab just to see if it would switch back. When I did this, I saw the bottom tool bar show up with 'ageod' mininmize I guess (and the Task Manager). No mouse cursor was viable during this time, so I tried various key combos (alt, shift, cntrl with a letters) and nothing seemed to work. But on one such occasion, I finally got a small, grey box with the following (and my mouse cursor appeared too):

DirectX to Renderer invalid call (Burst Mode).
Would you like to terminate application.

Then in French for 'yes' and 'no'. I clicked 'yes' and my Desktop reappeared, and program (BoA) had been terminated.

I believe my driver's are one back from current (i.e. 81.85) having tried the current with some problems (81.95). But to be honest, in trying to solve some problems, I may have ended up with 81.95, but can't remember and can't seem to find how to exactly verify that on my system (if it matters).

The Tutorial btw, ran just fine.

(and I've been playing other games just fine).

Thanks.

Donan
Private

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:45 pm

I just noticed you wanted DxDiag too, so I'll send it to your posted email (no logs for the game terminated to gain back my desktop).

Pocus

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:49 pm

Donan, no need to send me the DxDiag, the game crashed because the screensaver messed with him, this is a known problem (that I thought was solved by disabling the screen saver).

Sorry for this little inconvenience. For now it is best to quit BoA when you stop playing for a moment ;)

Donan
Private

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:54 pm

[quote="Pocus"]Donan, no need to send me the DxDiag, the game crashed because the screensaver messed with him, this is a known problem (that I thought was solved by disabling the screen saver).

Sorry for this little inconvenience. For now it is best to quit BoA when you stop playing for a moment ]

O.k. Thanks! (man, you ARE getting some sleep aren't you :sourcil:

Quick reply! :coeurs:

Donan
Private

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:04 pm

Oh! I guess it was kinda of important to mention this happened after patching to 1.02. :bonk:

Pocus

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:16 pm

Donan wrote:Oh! I guess it was kinda of important to mention this happened after patching to 1.02. :bonk:

Sure, I still have Grell with the problem, and I will search for a solution for him. Thanks for the report, it reminds me that I have to disable the screen saver :innocent:

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”