Leibst

Modding Rgndecisions

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:47 pm

i want to create new Rgndecisions.

Is there any information about this in the Wiki or in the Forum?

i didnt find anything.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

lodilefty

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:52 pm

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Regional_Decisions

and look at newly posted RUS DB for a few examples....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Leibst

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Fantastic info thanks a lot lodilefty!
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Leibst

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:21 pm

More questions about this.

It seems RegionalDecisions have evolved a bit between RUS and AJE.
My impression is that in RUS the RG only are defined to be used in areas and in AJE they are used more easily, directly in the map and in one single region. And even in AJE a script could be linked to a RG.
question: The file containing these files in AJE named "RegionsDecisions" are declared in any other place like the rest of the events script files?
Or is enough by declaring the file and the script in the RD?

This kind of RG with linked script i suposse wont run in RUS.
HQ website

lodilefty

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:44 pm

The rgd files have an Alias file in \Aliases, but no other limks.

AFAIK, RUS is unique using the 'Area-Ledger' method, so that is what you get for now.
I'm not sure if a linked script will work. Try it and see!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Leibst

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:46 pm

lodilefty wrote:The rgd files have an Alias file in \Aliases, but no other limks.

I disagree, look at this RD definition in AJE:
"UID = 2
Alias = rgdTraitor
Name = $rgd_nam_Traitor
ShortName = $rgd_shortnam_Traitor
Text = $rgd_txt_Traitor
Kind = $rgdSocial
SoundsPlayed = $snd_RGD_Traitor
ImageMap = RgnDecision_OnMap_Traitor.png
ImagePanel = RgnDecision_Traitor.png
ImageFlavor = Pax_Romana.png
BaseSuccess = 100
Duration = 1
Inp_Abs_Money = 25
SpecialOutputGain_Loyalty = 5
SpecialOutputGain_OwnKind = 2
Effect_PostponeEnd = 1
Effect_RemoveFromFP = 1
Effect_ScriptFileName = RegionsDecisions
Effect_ScriptName = RGDScriptTraitor

Effect_Str_Ongoing = str_Msg_ongoingTraitor
Effect_Str_Success = str_CMN_rgd_Traitor"

you can see there is a ScriptFileName (you can find that file in the events folder) and inside that file the event RGDScriptTraitor.

Maybe i should work with AJE instead of RUS.
HQ website

lodilefty

Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:09 am

To be clear, AJE is the newer engine, using the 'on-map' Region Decision placement, witht Script calls

RUS uses the 'in-ledger-Area' RGD method, and is the only game that does it that way.
I simply don't know if the RUS-style supports scripts. Clearly, AJE does....

If you want to target specific region [not an Area], you cannot use the RUS system. Switching your game to the AJE system/engine will take some work, I think...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Altaris

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:06 am

I was able to port a mod I had in RUS directly over to AJE without absolutely no hiccups, so I'd suggest trying it if you want to take advantage of the features. The script command is indeed very nice and helpful.

Question, lodi, is it possible to set up region decisions that will work on water regions? There are parameters that appear to be geared around that, but I haven't been able to get any combinations to actually work on water regions. I'm trying to simulate naval mines in a mod I'm working on, this would be a perfect way to do it if I could get the water regions to cooperate. (I've tried using the MustBeWater param, but that doesn't seem to make a difference)

Altaris

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Bumping this, hoping to get a response on whether Region Decisions can be set up to work on water regions.

Bohémond

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Altaris wrote:Bumping this, hoping to get a response on whether Region Decisions can be set up to work on water regions.

On AJE, I do not know RUS, Regional decisions can be st up to work on water regions.

Regards

lodilefty

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Altaris wrote:Bumping this, hoping to get a response on whether Region Decisions can be set up to work on water regions.

RUS only applies the decision to the 'MidHierarchy' region of each area [usually largest city], so AFAIK, you cannot apply an RGD to a water region in RUS....

RUS is truly unique with the RGD, and I'm hearing from a little bird that we won't use the 'Area-style' from RUS in future games.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Altaris

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm trying this in AJE, and can't get the decisions to drop on the water regions. I'll double-check I don't have anything odd going on, but doesn't appear to be working to me.

Bohémond

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Altaris wrote:I'm trying this in AJE, and can't get the decisions to drop on the water regions. I'll double-check I don't have anything odd going on, but doesn't appear to be working to me.

please post your file, I will have a look at it.

Altaris

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 am

Attached is a test I did with the Triumph region decision. I removed all the input and output parameters, and included "MustBeWater = 1". Granted, when I add the MustBeWater, it no longer allows me to play it on land regions, but I also can't play it on water regions. If I remove MustBeWater = 1, I can play it on any land region.

I'm not seeing anything at this point that leads me to believe this can be played on water regions.

The attachment 1-Triumph or Parade.zip is no longer available
Attachments
1-Triumph or Parade.zip
(350 Bytes) Downloaded 217 times

Bohémond

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:09 am

Altaris wrote:Attached is a test I did with the Triumph region decision. I removed all the input and output parameters, and included "MustBeWater = 1". Granted, when I add the MustBeWater, it no longer allows me to play it on land regions, but I also can't play it on water regions. If I remove MustBeWater = 1, I can play it on any land region.

I'm not seeing anything at this point that leads me to believe this can be played on water regions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20709[/ATTACH]

Could you try with MustBeThisTerrain = $Coastal and removed mustbewater.

Meanwhile, we will try to investigate why MustBeWater does not seem to work.

Regards

Altaris

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:43 am

Nope, MustBeThisTerrain = $Coastal doesn't work either.

It looks to me like coastal and water regions just aren't selecting at all. They don't show up in red or green like the land regions do when selectable or unselectable.

Altaris

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:53 am

Aha! Figured it out! Must set the following 2 values (seems MustBeLand defaults to 1 if not supplied, so it has to be explicitly set to 0 for water regions to work):

MustBeLand = 0
MustBeWater = 1

Very cool... I believe I can use region decisions in this manner to simulate minefields. Too late to try tonight, but I'll see what I can do with it over the next few days.

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”