Fatboy
Sergeant

Pesky Partisans

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:17 am

I have been trying with a complete lack of success to get rid of partisan units behind my lines.
Regular cavalry patrols report there are enemy units in a region but NEVER seem to be able to find & attack them (even in clear terrain).
Any suggestions on how to get rid of these pesky partisans? :confused:

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:08 pm

The hunting team in the form of a cavalry division of the several regiments has a fairly good chance to catch the partisans. Quick success here unlikely to be achieved, but, in my experience, with maintenance of active hunting along railroads, catching and extermination of the partisans is quite real.

Orel
Brigadier General

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:26 am

Armored trains patrolling railroads should solve the problem.
For united Russia!

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:30 am

In my experience - catching partizans is almost impossible. Sometimes you can get them in the open field if you have HUGE stack of kavalry+they have low loyalty in the area. Trains may be helpful, but since partizans like to damage railroads it is impractical. If they are in wooded area - DO NOT EVEN BOTHER to try to get them, waste of time. Just maintain repair regiments to fix rails after them.

Hohenlohe

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:25 am

As a white commander you should use cossack cavalry units hunting the pesky partisans, as a red commander station militia in cities and patrol your railways with armored light trains and red cavalry hunting down partisans this should help...success is not of an easy kind...

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:35 am

Politics is the best weapon against people for a government, army is second against those who resist politics.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”