lodilefty

RUS Public Beta Patch 1.05b RC 2 = July 25, 2012

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Another update: again, Caveat Emptor for this Public Beta patch
...but I've been playing it without any ussues!

<link removed>

Please comment on the new "MapAleas", which you will encounter Storms and Pestilence issues at random!

Also, feedback about AI activity is helpful, as we continue to tweak AI parameters.....

[size=134]Patch1.05b Release Candidate 2 July25, 2012[/size]

=======================================================================================================================

[size=100]Thepatch is a comprehensive patch, includes all changes since originalrelease.[/size]
Itcan be applied directly over your initial game installation setupversion. [color=#0000ff]Changes from RC1 are in blue.

[/color]

• [size=84][size=100]Game Engine [updated to version 120724][/size]
    • Added parameters to GameLogic.opt for Experience Points and Home Area Penalty/Bonus
    • Consolidated all Game Rules parameters [start with rulxxx] into GameRules.opt
    • You can now disembark troops from a fleet trapped in ice.
    • Siege improvements
      • Besieged forces will now take attrition hits every turn, in proportion of their number and how the siege roll went (anti over-crowding rule).
      • If too many breaches accumulated, then a surrender roll is always possible (whatever the presence of a depot, super elite troops, etc.)
      • In siege, the besieger will spend a quarter of his battle usage of ammos per turn of siege (plan to have supply trains on the long run), and will suffer -50% to his siege value if he can’t afford that. For the besieged, the spending will be 15% per turn, with a -35% siege value if there is a lack of ammos.
      • Fixed a bug where a lone sneaky leader could prevent a siege to happen, even if siege indicator was correctly shown
    • Fixed bug of a leader removed from his parent unit, corrupting the unit he is in.
    • Regional decisions can’t be played anymore in region that are yet to be unlocked by the scenario
    • A retreating army can now split static units (abandon them) to escape better
    • Corrected display of Costs to Construct in the Element Detail window [thank you AJE team!]
    • Added parameters to regulate OMB combat [see GameLogic.opt]
  • Setups
    • Poland 1920
      • corrected Polish 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Tank Battalion to be faction POL, not WH3
  • Events
    • Ice March
      • Fixed event where Kuban Army rises and takes control of Ekaterinodar [RED forces were not removed]
    • Finnish Civil War
      • Corrected syntax error in AI event
      • Added logic to German Intervention so that Finnish player is only penalized (-30 VP per turn) if German Land-based Combat elements are in the Finnish Theater. Leaders, Service, Supply, Naval units do not cause penalty.
    • Grand Campaign, November 1918, May 1919: Shared Events
      • Fixed event where Wrangel replaces Denikin
      • Fixed French&Greek retirement events to remove all French and Greek forces
      • Corrected all options for proper regeneration syntax
      • Corrected tooltip hint for WHI recognition of independence
      • Removed redundant events for death of Trotsky or Kolchak
      • Comprehensive overhaul of events where British and Americans depart [fixes bogus Supply units, lingering Airfields]
      • Fixed “enemy near Cityxxx” events that affected Verdun options and Capital Move options
      • Improved logic for choosing arrival region of a purchased New Officer
    • Grand Campaign
      • Fixed unblock of Psel Confluent during German Retreat event
      • Corrected duplicated leaders
        • WHI: K. Udovenko, A.V. Korvin-Krukovski, Slushov [duplicate of Slashev]
        • DON: A.P. Fitskhelaurov, I.A. Poliakov
        • WH3: Bakich, F.E. Makhin
        • RED: F. Makhin no longer recruitable by Option, and is removed when KOMUCH uprising occurs
      • Fixed Anarchists Depots and Garrisons at Huliapole and Nova Odessa
    • Drang Nach Osten
      • RED Verdun option will also be activated if GER approach Moscow, Petrograd or Tsaritsyn in force.
      • Removed Engineers requirement from “Purchase Balt Division” option
      • Fixed RED break Alliance with Anarchists messages [ANA are not eliminated]
      • Fixed messages when RED does not DOW on minor countries [was sending DOW messages in error]
      • Fixed German Arms Sales to Whites option [was testing wrong faction for option chosen]
      • Corrected all options for proper regeneration syntax
      • Corrected 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Panzer Div option to only appear after 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Panzer Div is built.
      • Corrected 'flavor names' of 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Panzer Divisions
  • Database
    • Corrected duplicate Model Aliases for ldr_RED_Slaven1, ldr_RED_Dybenko1
    • Corrected duplicate Unit Aliases for uni_BAL_Div1, uni_TUR_Hq1, uni_RED_Slaven1, uni_RED_Ivanov1, uni_RED_Dybenko1
    • Fixed “Seaman” ability to actually give the move bonus as stated!
    • Added Map Aleas, which cause random Storms at Sea, Storms, Sandstorms, and disease to strike forces at random.
      • Many thanks to the AJE team for developing and debugging the new Map Alea system!
  • Text
    • Corrected missing text localizations as reported by Python script checking software.
    • Latest LocalStrings__AGE.csv included.
    • Added missing text for several Unit Recruiting Areas [State of Origin in tooltips]
    • General cleanup of event tooltips [removed all undefined DescEvent instances]
  • Graphics
    • Corrected location of Destroyed RailRoad icon for region 672 Ilovlya
    • Changed MiniMap background [thank you Nikel]
    • Changed Unit color on MiniMap for Southern Whites and Siberian Whites [to improve visibility]
    • Fixed missing graphic for Move Capital options
  • AI
    • Added Force Pool purchase adjustments [Details can be seen in event file RGDAI.sct], lowering “interest” in Ships and other less 'powerful' units.
    • Free factories for RED AI non-Drang scenatios [in Moscow, Petrograd]
    • Corrected and simplified AI logic for “More Money” and “More Railroads”
    • Corrected error in “free” Siberian White Regiments
    • Added AI Logic to regulate Aggression conditionally and seasonally for Reds and Whites AI
    • Added random element upgrades [Militia, Infantry, Cavalry] for Reds and Whites
[/size]
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Thank you!
Looking good. Reds declared war on balts in feb 1919 and I still couldn't get Ekaterinodar. Storms in Don, Europe and desert steppes in summer months making battles less devastating and less frequent with low cohesion. But they are more prone to be trapped if surrounding are hostile .In winter there are less storms. British regiment effected and got hit by storm in Murmask inside the city but I think it is wad.
Game is much harder for whites. All is well.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Playing as Reds and controlling anarchists. There is a single enemy anarchist cavalry model destroyed Huliaipole depot.
Attachments
Backup1.rar
(798.97 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Reds.rar
(673.74 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

lodilefty

Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Baris wrote:Playing as Reds and controlling anarchists. There is a single enemy anarchist cavalry model destroyed Huliaipole depot.

This is going to be a tough problem, as the REDs don't really control the ANA faction, but rather have been given [by event] RED formations consisting of ANA troops. [similar to WHI getting GBR or USA troops]....

So, there are RED ANA troops you control, and "pure" ANA that you don't, that are at war with you...

I'll need to consult the "Master" as the fix for this may need some PON-type commands, and I'm not really up to speed with them!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Baris wrote:Playing as Reds and controlling anarchists. There is a single enemy anarchist cavalry model destroyed Huliaipole depot.

lodilefty wrote:This is going to be a tough problem, as the REDs don't really control the ANA faction, but rather have been given [by event] RED formations consisting of ANA troops. [similar to WHI getting GBR or USA troops]....

So, there are RED ANA troops you control, and "pure" ANA that you don't, that are at war with you...

I'll need to consult the "Master" as the fix for this may need some PON-type commands, and I'm not really up to speed with them!

I think I may have this fixed, but need your \Backup2 folder [or the one with ...turn4063.tag file in it] to be sure...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Thank you, this is back up 2.

And by the way what is?
"Added random element upgrades [Militia, Infantry, Cavalry] for Reds and Whites"

and
"Added parameters to regulate OMB combat"
This one for modding?
Attachments
Backup2.rar
(812.88 KiB) Downloaded 237 times

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Baris wrote:And by the way what is?
"Added random element upgrades [Militia, Infantry, Cavalry] for Reds and Whites"

I think that means that elements in militia and infantry and cavalry units will upgrade from militia or conscripts to regular units.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Yes maybe, But I didn't see any notification in message log. They are all still concripts.

AI again used the option recognized independences. I have already declared war on Caucasians and Balts before and took both Baku and Riga. Southern whites have 9 NM for now after taking that option. IMHO there should be no NM penalty for AI or they should never use that option.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Baris wrote:Yes maybe, But I didn't see any notification in message log. They are all still concripts.

Since it's random, I think it won't happen every turn.

lodilefty

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Baris wrote:Thank you, this is back up 2.

And by the way what is?

and
"Added parameters to regulate OMB combat"
This one for modding?

OMB = sea regions where the shipping exists to give supply. Allows us to increase or decrease the damages to the locked ships there...
Created more for PON, but included in new RUS engines...

le Anders wrote:I think that means that elements in militia and infantry and cavalry units will upgrade from militia or conscripts to regular units.

Correct, but for the AI players only [the change in the log is under the AI section]... you won't get any notification

Baris wrote:Yes maybe, But I didn't see any notification in message log. They are all still concripts.

AI again used the option recognized independences. I have already declared war on Caucasians and Balts before and took both Baku and Riga. Southern whites have 9 NM for now after taking that option. IMHO there should be no NM penalty for AI or they should never use that option.

Agree about the Options. IIRC, there's something odd about the AI choices for these. Will review and revise this weekend...

le Anders wrote:Since it's random, I think it won't happen every turn.

Correct.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:22 am

Sorry if some issues is known already.
In 1.05a:
1. Red Verdun option is not available for Reds, so can't build fortifications in Tsaritsin, Moscow and Petersburg.
2. By turn 13 Desertion event happened for Reds almost every 2 turns out of 3, for Siberians - NEVER. May be event is broken?
3. Strange weather - no rain anywhere at all until November and at November it was everywhere. I played before - it was not like this.... Usually I saw rain in some areas here and there.
4. Map bug - there is an area near Samara (and Buguruslan?) that is wooded heavily on the map, but Clear in comment (and area picture at top left corner).
5. When I ordered reinforcements for fluval destroyers, some were repaired, but construction was also started for a new ship.

There are couple issues with unit building - may be it is features as designed...
1. Build unit in a city under attack
DISPOSITION: If there is a city where you build big brigade that is not complete yet(you are hiding it in a city), there is a formation defending the city outside the structure and enemy formation attacks city in all-out offense mode.
PROBLEM: Not completed brigade will participate in a battle, will be targeted and destroyed, then your defending formation will retreat almost unscratched(go into passive mode) and you lose battle and city.
SUGGESTION: I think formation under construction should not participate in battle (or have really low probability to be targeted)

2. Desertion event hit units that are under construction. May be it is OK, but it affects time to build unit - the duration increases greatly beyond the normal build duration(for example, if kavalery regiment willl desert from brigade - build duration increases by about 60 days)
SUGGESTION: I suggest not to affect units under construction by desertion or does not modify time to build (unit can be completed as scheduled, but deserted regiment will need reinforcement)

3. Supply carriages require only money + conscripts to build, but money+conscripts+supply to repair

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:01 pm

DarkGarry wrote:Sorry if some issues is known already.
In 1.05a:
1. Red Verdun option is not available for Reds, so can't build fortifications in Tsaritsin, Moscow and Petersburg.
It now requires that a big enemy army is close to whichever city. And if the enemy moves into the region in the turn you select build, it won't be built.
The requirements need to change, so the enemy won't have to be on top of you before you build the 'Red Verduns'.

2. By turn 13 Desertion event happened for Reds almost every 2 turns out of 3, for Siberians - NEVER. May be event is broken?
I build Political Commissars and assign them to all the units. Very little desertion happens for me.

lodilefty

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:08 pm

DarkGarry wrote:Sorry if some issues is known already.
In 1.05a:
3. Strange weather - no rain anywhere at all until November and at November it was everywhere. I played before - it was not like this.... Usually I saw rain in some areas here and there.
4. Map bug - there is an area near Samara (and Buguruslan?) that is wooded heavily on the map, but Clear in comment (and area picture at top left corner).
5. When I ordered reinforcements for fluval destroyers, some were repaired, but construction was also started for a new ship.

There are couple issues with unit building - may be it is features as designed...
DISPOSITION: If there is a city where you build big brigade that is not complete yet(you are hiding it in a city), there is a formation defending the city outside the structure and enemy formation attacks city in all-out offense mode.
PROBLEM: Not completed brigade will participate in a battle, will be targeted and destroyed, then your defending formation will retreat almost unscratched(go into passive mode) and you lose battle and city.
SUGGESTION: I think formation under construction should not participate in battle (or have really low probability to be targeted)

2. Desertion event hit units that are under construction. May be it is OK, but it affects time to build unit - the duration increases greatly beyond the normal build duration(for example, if kavalery regiment willl desert from brigade - build duration increases by about 60 days)
SUGGESTION: I suggest not to affect units under construction by desertion or does not modify time to build (unit can be completed as scheduled, but deserted regiment will need reinforcement)

3. Supply carriages require only money + conscripts to build, but money+conscripts+supply to repair

First of all, I really hope you meant to say that you are reporting issues with this beta patch, not just 1.05a.....

Deserters fixed: obsolete syntax was used in the events...
Will look at the Verdun requirements, but I've fixed it once, so other bugs get priority.
I'm already testing weather, so stay tuned.
Region 1142Bavly will magically become a Forest.
I'll need a saved game for the Destroyer thing, but only if it occurs in 1.05b RC2 !!!!!
Please use this method: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game

Building units will continue to engage as-is. Answer: Don't build units where they might be attacked.
....after all, do you really want them to cower in the corner?
...do you really think that newly mustered units don't suffer desertion?????

I don't understand what you mean by +supply to repair? Replacement chits?
All units need to be in supply to repair [among other things].....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Red verdun option should be working. In my Siberian game AI have built Lenin Lines.
It would be excellent if weather more randomized according weather zones but slight variation for theatre or region.

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:51 pm

DarkGarry wrote:

lodilefty wrote: Building units will continue to engage as-is. Answer: Don't build units where they might be attacked.

About this phenomenon.
I would say that the problem a somewhat different.

The situation is roughly as follows. The enemy is marching in the region with order to assault the city. In the region outside the city with order to defend stand a strong stack of troops, sufficient to defeat the attacker. In the city are sitting some weak forming units. The region 100% controlled by defender. The enemy calmly bypasses strong troops, which defending outside the city and calmly cuts out that "command of disabled people", which sits in the city. The troops defending outside the city is not involved in combat AT ALL. As it can be seen, through a detailed battle report, for example. After that, the defender suffers defeat, and the city and the region is captured by the enemy. It seems, that the attacking stack aim the weakest defender stack of several of those present in the region, and if that is destroyed before others have come to the aid, the defender loses battle and retreats.
I think it is not quite correct. Also, it would be properly and realistically if an attack of units in the city would be possible only after defeating the units outside the city.

Unfortunately, I do not have now a saved game which is illustrating this phenomenon. If it is necessary, I can specifically set up an "experiment" and send save, but so far only on 1.05a (the recent patches come out with frightening speed :) ).
Although, I can quite definitely say, that this is property of the game engine, the manifestations of which I have occasionally seen in RUS, and in ACW for a quite long time on different patches.

lodilefty

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Baris wrote:Red verdun option should be working. In my Siberian game AI have built Lenin Lines.
It would be excellent if weather more randomized according weather zones but slight variation for theatre or region.

Verdun Options were fixed in 1.05b RC1.

It is extremely important that bug reports in this beta patch thread actually result from running the beta patch!
If you are seeing bugs in 1.05a, please post your comments there.
If you are seeing bugs in any version before 1.05a, don't bother: update to 1.05a, or preferably the latest beta patch....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Old Fenrir wrote:I think it is not quite correct. Also, it would be properly and realistically if an attack of units in the city would be possible only after defeating the units outside the city.

Agree absolutely.

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:18 pm

lodilefty wrote:
...do you really think that newly mustered units don't suffer desertion?????

I don't understand what you mean by +supply to repair? Replacement chits?
All units need to be in supply to repair [among other things].....

1. As I mentioned - it is OK to for units "under construction" to suffer desertion, but see what happens next.
Let's say we are building a Red infantry brigade with 7 regiments (5 infantry, 1 kavalry, 1 artillery). The base duration to build it is 60 days, let's say actual duratiion is 65 days. After 60 days Desertion event occures and kavalry regiment deserted. Now the duration to build a brigade will be recalculated to 65 days AGAIN(guess it is because kavalry duration is 60 day)! The result - it takes twice as much time to build.
PROBLEM: Engine views deserted element as NOT BUILT yet and tries to build it, instead of Reinforce.

I guess problem may have different solutions
1. Calculate build duration once building is started and DO NOT recalculate - unit can be constructed with some elements deserted, after that - Reinforced
2. Just not affect units under construction by Desertion
----------------------

About supply carriages - several issues. I understand - it's not a fighting unit, so may be not so important.
1. it doesn't require Supply (materials) to build carriages, but Supply (materials) are required to Reinforce carriages.
2. The capacity of damaged carriages is same comparing to undamaged(imagine almost dead horses and wounded personnel, broken wheels can do same job and carry as much cargo as fresh carriage unit)

So considering Supply (Materials) is precious resource, it is cheaper to build new carriage than to repair a damaged one. Aslo considering (2) it does not make any sense to repair carriages at all.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:10 am

Regarding the "Red Verdun", what is the exact requirement for it to trigger now?
Or, where can I find the triggers in the gamefiles?

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:47 am

About Ambush feature for Partizans/raiders/Irregulars ... Currently it is kind of useless feature, because raiders regiments are very weak and if fighting against even a single infantry brigade Irregular units will be defeated and Ambush bonus would not help them much even if applied. For division it will usually take a single strike to kill the entire partizan formation. I would suggest that successful ambush does several cohession and actual hits to all enemy forces passing the region.

lodilefty

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:54 am

le Anders wrote:Regarding the "Red Verdun", what is the exact requirement for it to trigger now?
Or, where can I find the triggers in the gamefiles?

100 enemy elements [sub-units] in the "near city" area.

The "near city" events are in All Includes.sct
The Area used in the "neaer city" is defined in Areas.ini found under \RUS\GameData

I really don't like the subunit count, but using PowerRatio also has itt's problems...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:18 pm

Merci beaucoup!
By subunit/element, am I correct in assuming that means the number of regiments? As in a standard Red Militia unit has two elements?

lodilefty

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:23 pm

le Anders wrote:Merci beaucoup!
By subunit/element, am I correct in assuming that means the number of regiments? As in a standard Red Militia unit has two elements?

yes, and supply wagons, leaders, artillery, etc. also count.
If you see a 'box' in the unit detail at lower right when stack selected, it counts....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Searry
Colonel

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:17 am

The Siege mechanic is a bit unbalanced now. A single Green Peasant Militia managed to hit me 5 times while they were "sieging" my forces in Novgorod. It's kinda ridiculous to have a few hundred peasants to manage that many hits on an army of over 20k men. So I was thinking of making the game compare the number of people sieging and people getting sieged and scale the number of hits based on that.

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:24 am

There is a bug in railroad movement. It is observed in all versions. The movement by railroad happens according to the state before day 1 (when orders were given). So if in some area military control fall to zero (or below 25%) or if railroad was damaged, formation that was sent by railroad will use railroad anyway like nothing happens. Usually it leads to ambush like situations.

Example.
In winter, Red formation from Tambov moves to Tsaritsin by railroad. The region to the north of Tsaritsin occupied by Whites formation and military control about 70% Whites, 30% Reds. So when plotting the route - the Red formation will get to Tsaritsin (in about 7-8 days), but obviously White formation in offensive posture(or even defensive) will reduce Red military control to zero in 1-2 days. It takes 12 days to enter region by foot, so Red formation should not enter the region in such situation.

What happened in game - In the example above Red formation entered the region somehow, switched to offensive posture fight a battle with whites formation, won the battle and proceeded in offensive posture to Tsaritsin(bypassing a region with zero military control), where it got torn to pieces by attacking Whites(because stack was in Offensive posture and main Tsaritsin Red forces were in Defensive - they entered the battle only after stack was COMPLETELY DESTROYED).
--------------------------------

Another bug (all versions). Probably it affects only Armoured trains.
When moving through the territory with enemy control in offensive posture - the military control in the FIRST region on the route is not affected by any changes in military control. This issue was detected when railroad is captured by Armoured trains - so first region on the route remains untouched(unless you move only to the next region or you visit region several times).

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 am

It is the same situation with Miller using armoured trains to move to the unfriendly region first then moving his stack by rail-move in the same turn. But as the rail-move order of the stack is not synchronized with the trains his stack moves as normal movement despite increasing MC in the unfriendly region with rail .But it can be wad. But as the engine can synchronize distant landing with boats it can be done the same with special order.

Armored trains movement to the first region without getting MC seems as a bug.

lodilefty

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:34 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve RUS”