lodilefty

RUS Qwick Fix 1 for patch 1.05a = June 23, 2012

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:55 pm

More improvements, as we work toward next patch!

<link removed: QF2 posted>

[size=100]ThisQwikFix must only be applied AFTER installing RUS patch 1.05a[/size]
ThisQwikFix may give erratic results when applied to Saved Games startedunder 1.05a or earlier. Caveat Emptor!

PLEASE! Only report bugs in games STARTED with this QwikFix!!!!

• Setups
    • Poland 1920
      • corrected Polish 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Tank Battalion to be faction POL, not WH3
  • Events
    • Grand Campaign, November 1918, May 1919
      • Fixed event where Wrangel replaces Denikin
      • Fixed French&Greek retirement events to remove all French and Greek forces
      • Corrected all options for proper regeneration syntax
      • Corrected tooltip hint for WHI recognition of independence
    • Grand Campaign
      • Fixed unblock of Psel Confluent during German Retreat event
      • Corrected duplicated leaders
        • WHI: K. Udovenko, A.V. Korvin-Krukovski
        • DON: A.P. Fitskhelaurov, I.A. Poliakov
      • Fixed Anarchists Depots and Garrisons at Huliapole and Nova Odessa
    • Drang Nach Osten
      • RED Verdun option will also be activated if GER approach Moscow, Petrograd or Tsaritsyn in force.
      • Removed Engineers requirement from “Purchase Balt Division” option
      • Fixed RED break Alliance with Anarchists messages [ANA are not eliminated]
      • Fixed messages when RED does not DOW on minor countries [was sending DOW messages in error]
      • Fixed German Arms Sales to Whites option [was testing wrong faction for option chosen]
      • Corrected all options for proper regeneration syntax
      • Corrected 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Panzer Div option to only appear after 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Panzer Div is built.
      • Corrected 'flavor names' of 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Panzer Divisions
  • Database
    • Corrected duplicate Model Aliases for ldr_RED_Slaven1, ldr_RED_Dybenko1
    • Corrected duplicate Unit Aliases for uni_BAL_Div1, uni_TUR_Hq1, uni_RED_Slaven1, uni_RED_Ivanov1, uni_RED_Dybenko1
  • Text
    • Corrected missiing text localizations as reported by Python script checking software.
    • Latest LocalStrings__AGE.csv included. [version 80v]
  • Graphics
    • Corrected location of Destroyed RailRoad icon for region 672 Ilovlya
    • Changed MiniMap background [thank you Nikel]
  • AI
    • Added Force Pool purchase adjustments [Details can be seen in event file RGDAI.sct], lowering “interest” in Ships and other less 'powerful' units.
    • Free factories for RED AI non-Drang scenatios [in Moscow, Petrograd]
    • Corrected and simplified AI logic for “More Money” and “More Railroads”
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:49 am

Wow! All of that already? You've become a wizard at fixing these issues. RUS will be whipped into shape in no time at this rate. Time for another campaign tonight. Now that I know someone is actually watching, I'll try to be a little more meticulous with my bug reporting.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Excellent, I see no bizarre crash or problem after continuing red GC from old patch.
Just one thing, as playing reds I have 181 NM while whites have 59,70 in september 1911. But 3-star red concripts still have max 50 cohesion. does the maximum cohesion should be higher according to NM?
Sİberian concripts have 45 or 46 as max cohesion with 70 NM.

Edit: Red leader F.Makhin also dublicated in GC.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:12 pm

What about the missing "Red Verduns"? It's virtually impossible to get them, while the Whites appear to have no such limitations.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:52 am

By baris30 at 2012-06-25

Lack of Persian Supply element in the right panel prevents Reds form assaulting the city.
Attachments
Backup1.rar
(860.27 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Grand Campaign0.rar
(687.33 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

lodilefty

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Baris wrote:By baris30 at 2012-06-25

Lack of Persian Supply element in the right panel prevents Reds form assaulting the city.

Persian Supply error appears to be a corrupted save. DB looks OK.
I think [not sure] if you assault again, you should be able to eventually eliminate the Siberian White forces....

The RED Army marched across the desert, crossing two rivers, and Assaulted [there is a battle report, and the leader was congratulated].
I'm surprised the attack even occurred [low cohesion], but it did happen, but the low cohesion after all that marching stopped the assault.
Rest and Seige for a while, then assault again after you get a breach...
The erroneous White Supply unit has nothing to do with the battle result.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:21 am

I have posted a similar case a year ago and I think there is a problem in that theatre where Persian supply come into play. It was before in Arshabat where there was no possiblity to assault.
This time I have rested Blutcher Red Army and assault attempt was succesfull just like in the save file I have posted. But after the assault attempt and the battle , screen focus around Khiva and red lights flashing but no assault occur in that turn.

lodilefty

Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Baris wrote:I have posted a similar case a year ago and I think there is a problem in that theatre where Persian supply come into play. It was before in Arshabat where there was no possiblity to assault.
This time I have rested Blutcher Red Army and assault attempt was succesfull just like in the save file I have posted. But after the assault attempt and the battle , screen focus around Khiva and red lights flashing but no assault occur in that turn.

Whoo! I dug in further and encountered a hugemongous ball of worms in the "Allies Withdraw" events. :wacko:

In short, models were being updated to non-existant models, Airbases were not converting, and many removal commands were redundant! :blink:

Soooooo, total overhaul under way.
Will take a day or two at least.
Affects Grand Campaign, November 1918, May 1919 [maybe more]...

Stay tuned!
Thank you for the reports, and a very huge thank you for your patience!!!!! :love:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:21 pm

No my thanks :)
And one more thing. White AI recognized independences in around 1919 september and I think they are hit by NM for that desicion. But is now 1920 February and none of the minors declared war on Reds other than usual Poland advance to Minsk. I opened the diplomatic and political options for whites and they have no option to declare war.

lodilefty

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Baris wrote:No my thanks :)
And one more thing. White AI recognized independences in around 1919 september and I think they are hit by NM for that desicion. But is now 1920 February and none of the minors declared war on Reds other than usual Poland advance to Minsk. I opened the diplomatic and political options for whites and they have no option to declare war.

Looking at the DB:
For the White Options to appear, they need 5 EP and 100 or 80 Money each!
Ukranians only need 10 EP....
Additionally, each nation to offer the option cannot have had a RED DOW on it.

Please post a save here so I can examine the White situation....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 pm

I understand. Declare war on Reds option only appears when whites have sufficient money. Otherwise option is invisible. Southern whites were usually bankrupt.
Here is the turn and the back up whites decided to recognize independences. Southern whites had 59 NM and a turn later they had 25 NM. Late september to early october.
And the current turn late february 1920.
Attachments
Grand Campaign0.rar
(758.23 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
New folder (9).rar
(809.4 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
New folder (10).rar
(806.53 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

lodilefty

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Baris wrote:I understand. Declare war on Reds option only appears when whites have sufficient money. Otherwise option is invisible. Southern whites were usually bankrupt.
Here is the turn and the back up whites decided to recognize independences. Southern whites had 59 NM and a turn later they had 25 NM. Late september to early october.
And the current turn late february 1920.

I ran WHI as a player,, choosing the 'recognize' option, and all the other recognize/DOW options appear as designed.

The AI is giving higher priority to other options, and runs out of resources before the "join/DOW" options come up.
..and the NM 'hit' to WHI choosing these would possibly put them out of the war!!!!

Some AI work to prioritize the options is needed [as already done for DRANG].....
...on the list...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Thanks.
Reds won as southern whites has 0 NM finally. And AAR had to come to en end.
Siberian whites had 65 NM and Poland was his peak strenght. And additionally there was huge Tambov revolt just started. Can it be possible in future Siberians does not surrender also. I know it is possible to continue the game but there can be abnormalities in VP.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:35 am

As playing Southern Whites I was not sure if Red Verdun option ever appeared for Reds. Wrangel had an 110 k men sieging Tzaritzyn where Stalin were in defence for many turns.
I think there is a problem about anarchist depots in Huliapole and Nova Odessa. It seems to be rural area in GP.
But in later scenarious there are depots in those locations.

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:21 am

I noticed a while ago a bug, that converting POW into conscripts works like a charm only the first time it is used. After that - nothing happens.

lodilefty

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:17 am

Baris wrote:As playing Southern Whites I was not sure if Red Verdun option ever appeared for Reds. Wrangel had an 110 k men sieging Tzaritzyn where Stalin were in defence for many turns.
I think there is a problem about anarchist depots in Huliapole and Nova Odessa. It seems to be rural area in GP.
But in later scenarious there are depots in those locations.

Depots for ANA fixed in QF1 [this QF!!!]
If the Whites are actually in the objective region [Moscow, Petrograd, Tsaritsyn], Verdun option will not work.

DarkGarry wrote:I noticed a while ago a bug, that converting POW into conscripts works like a charm only the first time it is used. After that - nothing happens.

Fixed in QF1. [This QF!!!]

PLEASE! I request again that you make it very clear that you are reporting bugs arising with games STARTED in 1.05a_QF1.

Most, if not all, of the fixes to options will only take effect in new games...

Check the Readme in your installation for the details of changes!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Wrangel force get train from Ekatenidor to Tzartizyn in one turn so that should be ok.
But before Denikin had 1100 PWR army(40 000+) near Tzaritzyn but there was no Red verdun option when I have loaded as Reds.

Huliapole and Nova Odessa have no city,town,village or depot in GP when I load as reds. There is also one turn backup.
Game started under "RUS QwikFix 1 for patch 1.05a = June 23, 2012 "
Attachments
Verdun.rar
(768.02 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
Backup1.rar
(645.61 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
anarchist depo.rar
(544.35 KiB) Downloaded 239 times

lodilefty

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Baris wrote:Wrangel force get train from Ekatenidor to Tzartizyn in one turn so that should be ok.
But before Denikin had 1100 PWR army(40 000+) near Tzaritzyn but there was no Red verdun option when I have loaded as Reds.

Huliapole and Nova Odessa have no city,town,village or depot in GP when I load as reds. There is also one turn backup.
Game started under "RUS QwikFix 1 for patch 1.05a = June 23, 2012 "

Whoo! After two intense days squishing bugs, I'm 99% sure these are finally fixed!

The Anarchist Depots were interesting! Confusion [by me] about what regions/groups are ANA vs. RED using ANA forces!
Once that got straight [they were RED using ANA units], the event Syntax needed work, too!

The Verdun bugs were another interesting one, where the "Near to xxxxx" events were actually looking for RED forces of WHI, DON, etc Faction tags! There are none!

Changed the search to look for all RED "Enemy" units. Need 100 in the "near to" area to turn the option on.
For now, event leaders and supply are included in the count...

Should we only count combat elements?
Should we change the 'trigger' to look at ForceRatios? {if so, what ratio should be considered to be a threat?}

Fixes in next QF {once I get feedback on the "Verdun Trigger" idea}

Thannk you! :love:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Thank you.
IMHO combat element count can be better and easy also for AI. I had full strenght 100k+ army sieging and assaulting Tzaritzyn but after a turn with unsuccesfull battles 51 pwr army left of it with few completely destroyed elements. But it is obvious next turn it will come back to strenght in no time. So pwr ratios can be tricky for the engine to track maybe.

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:20 pm

1. Seems, "recruting of prisoners" option in GC works only one time and in 1918. When you try it second time or in 1919, it isn't work.

2. Some generals appears twice: through the event in GC and by "recruting of general" option.
Bakich and F.E. Makhin from Siberian Whites. F. Makhin from Reds.

3. Also, I suspect that Y.A. Slashev and Slushov from WHI faction - it is one and the same person, and second of them must be removed. :)

And also, I suspect that abovementioned Makhin F.E. in KOMUCH and Siberian Army and Reds general Makhin F. - it is one and the same person too. Makhin was S-R. He commanded the 2-nd Army of Reds on the Eastern front and in early July of 1918 defected to the KOMUCH.

lodilefty

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Old Fenrir wrote:1. Seems, "recruting of prisoners" option in GC works only one time and in 1918. When you try it second time or in 1919, it isn't work.

2. Some generals appears twice: through the event in GC and by "recruting of general" option.
Bakich and F.E. Makhin from Siberian Whites. F. Makhin from Reds.

3. Also, I suspect that Y.A. Slashev and Slushov from WHI faction - it is one and the same person, and second of them must be removed. :)

And also, I suspect that abovementioned Makhin F.E. in KOMUCH and Siberian Army and Reds general Makhin F. - it is one and the same person too. Makhin was S-R. He commanded the 2-nd Army of Reds on the Eastern front and in early July of 1918 defected to the KOMUCH.

1) Which Faction? I need a saved game for the Prisoners problem, with \Backup1 and \Backup2 folders....
Use this method:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game

2) Fixed for next release. RED Makhin no longer 'recruitable', and will be removed when KOMUCH arise.

3) I need more than 'suspisions'. Do you have a reliable source? It's hard to "prove a negative" from history, but please describe why you think these are one and the same person....

Thank you!!! :love:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Orel
Brigadier General

Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:38 am

lodilefty wrote:
3) I need more than 'suspisions'. Do you have a reliable source? It's hard to "prove a negative" from history, but please describe why you think these are one and the same person....

This is true.

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9C%D0%B0%D1%85%D0%B8%D0%BD,_%D0%A4%D1%91%D0%B4%D0%BE%D1%80_%D0%95%D0%B2%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%87

Makhin initially served the Reds and was the head of the operational department of the Moscow regional military staff. Was the commander of the 2nd Eastern Army of the Reds. He sent out in different directions the Red troops under his command, while personally heading towards the Czechs, thus allowing Whites to take Ufa in 1918.
For united Russia!

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 pm

lodilefty wrote:1) Which Faction? I need a saved game for the Prisoners problem, with \Backup1 and \Backup2 folders....
Use this method:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game

2) Fixed for next release. RED Makhin no longer 'recruitable', and will be removed when KOMUCH arise.

Thank you for the quick reply.

1) [ATTACH]18908[/ATTACH]
I must say, that the game was started without QuickFix. And the game was played with a slight modification of files 'Grand Campaign.scn' and 'Models.Cached', which gives to Reds more WS, gives to several Red generals ability to train troops, and reduces the probability of accidental death of the generals. But anything that could influence the recruitment of prisoners has not been modified.

3) By the word "suspect", I meant that I'm pretty sure. :) The information, unfortunately, only in Russian.

Mahin F.E. (Махин Федор Евдокимович ;) , who was commander of the 2nd Army of Reds on the East front in 26.06-03.07 1918 and who is commander of it in the game in start of GC, really defected to the Army of KOMUCH in July 1918, actually surrendered Ufa to Whites before it. And later in summer 1918 he really commanded forces of Whites in Khvalynsk region.
http://orenbkazak.narod.ru/Mahin.pdf
http://www.grwar.ru/persons/persons.html?id=805

Slashev Y.A. (Слащев Яков Александрович ;) - one of the most known, most charismatic and talented generals of the Civil War. Notable for fearlessness, was popular among the troops. Was wounded 5 times in the First World War, twice - in the Civil War. As a result of using in the therapy narcotic drugs, addicted to narcotics. Commanded a division in 1919, corps - in 1920. Returned in Russia from emigration in 1921. Lectured tactics. Was killed under unclear circumstances in 1929.
In my humble option, in game must have characteristics 4-4-2 and traits: Brave, Alcoholic, Superior Tactician, Surpriser.
http://www.grwar.ru/persons/persons.html?id=655
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%89%D1%91%D0%B2,_%D0%AF%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2_%D0%90%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%87#.D0.9E.D0.B1.D1.80.D0.B0.D0.B7_.D0.A1.D0.BB.D0.B0.D1.89.D1.91.D0.B2.D0.B0_.D0.B2_.D0.B8.D1.81.D0.BA.D1.83.D1.81.D1.81.D1.82.D0.B2.D0.B5

As far as I know, the general with a similar name in AFSR was not existed. And I could not find anything similar in staff list of AFSR for autumn 1919, nor in the databases of the projects grwar.ru and belrussia.ru.
http://dk1868.ru/statii/tsvetkov/text9_.htm
http://www.grwar.ru/persons/persons.html
http://belrussia.ru/list-c-biography.html
Attachments
Grand Campaign_2.rar
(816.67 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

lodilefty

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Old Fenrir wrote:Thank you for the quick reply.

1) [ATTACH]18908[/ATTACH]
I must say, that the game was started without QuickFix. And the game was played with a slight modification of files 'Grand Campaign.scn' and 'Models.Cached', which gives to Reds more WS, gives to several Red generals ability to train troops, and reduces the probability of accidental death of the generals. But anything that could influence the recruitment of prisoners has not been modified.

3) By the word "suspect", I meant that I'm pretty sure. :) The information, unfortunately, only in Russian.

Mahin F.E. (Махин Федор Евдокимович ;) , who was commander of the 2nd Army of Reds on the East front in 26.06-03.07 1918 and who is commander of it in the game in start of GC, really defected to the Army of KOMUCH in July 1918, actually surrendered Ufa to Whites before it. And later in summer 1918 he really commanded forces of Whites in Khvalynsk region.
http://orenbkazak.narod.ru/Mahin.pdf
http://www.grwar.ru/persons/persons.html?id=805

Slashev Y.A. (Слащев Яков Александрович ;) - one of the most known, most charismatic and talented generals of the Civil War. Notable for fearlessness, was popular among the troops. Was wounded 5 times in the First World War, twice - in the Civil War. As a result of using in the therapy narcotic drugs, addicted to narcotics. Commanded a division in 1919, corps - in 1920. Returned in Russia from emigration in 1921. Lectured tactics. Was killed under unclear circumstances in 1929.
In my humble option, in game must have characteristics 4-4-2 and traits: Brave, Alcoholic, Superior Tactician, Surpriser.
http://www.grwar.ru/persons/persons.html?id=655
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%89%D1%91%D0%B2,_%D0%AF%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2_%D0%90%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%87#.D0.9E.D0.B1.D1.80.D0.B0.D0.B7_.D0.A1.D0.BB.D0.B0.D1.89.D1.91.D0.B2.D0.B0_.D0.B2_.D0.B8.D1.81.D0.BA.D1.83.D1.81.D1.81.D1.82.D0.B2.D0.B5

As far as I know, the general with a similar name in AFSR was not existed. And I could not find anything similar in staff list of AFSR for autumn 1919, nor in the databases of the projects grwar.ru and belrussia.ru.
http://dk1868.ru/statii/tsvetkov/text9_.htm
http://www.grwar.ru/persons/persons.html
http://belrussia.ru/list-c-biography.html

OK. Will remove Slushov.

The QF fixes the Prisoners issue, but not for games previous started. The bug was due to code in the "regen" events, that reset the wrong event to 0 occurrances. No easy fix is obvious to me, barring a lot of "one-time" code..... Sorry...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:07 pm

lodilefty wrote:OK. Will remove Slushov.

The QF fixes the Prisoners issue, but not for games previous started. The bug was due to code in the "regen" events, that reset the wrong event to 0 occurrances. No easy fix is obvious to me, barring a lot of "one-time" code..... Sorry...

OK. Thanks.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Old Fenrir wrote:Slashev Y.A. (Слащев Яков Александрович ;) - one of the most known, most charismatic and talented generals of the Civil War. Notable for fearlessness, was popular among the troops. Was wounded 5 times in the First World War, twice - in the Civil War. As a result of using in the therapy narcotic drugs, addicted to narcotics. Commanded a division in 1919, corps - in 1920. Returned in Russia from emigration in 1921. Lectured tactics. Was killed under unclear circumstances in 1929.

He was sent against makhnovists, but IIRC Denikin didn't want to allow him the needed troops, and I suspect, with the narcotics, it helps Slashv ending depressive (almost mad) as (I imagine) he saw Denikin forbided the White victory in the South by always underestimating the moujiks. Reading Slashev should be very interesting.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:34 pm

F.E. Makhin shows up as a Komuch and regular Siberian General. A.S. Bakich (Komuch) and A. Bakich (Siberian) both have the same portrait. I'd suspect both these instances are actually doubles. I don't have any actual documentation on these guys, but the Komuch versions show up via event and the Siberian versions show up via option so I'd get rid of the Siberian versions. (even though there's already plenty of Komuch generals)

lodilefty

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:03 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve RUS”