Old Fenrir
Sergeant

[RUS, Grand Campaign] Experienced Bolshevik Commissar is wanted.

Sat May 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Wanted: experienced player for Reds, and one more for Whites, and host.
I would prefer to play Southern Whites or Siberian Whites.

Game: RUS 1.05, latest quickfix.

Campaign: Grand Campaign

Mod: "micromod" that reduces the losses of generals to normal level, gives ability to train troops to five more Red generals, and gives to Reds more WS.

House rules (desirable, but optional):
1.Don cossacks is locked for first two turns.
2.Allied intervention forсes on the west is locked in the landing regions (except avia and tank units). Japanese forces on the east, if unblocked, may performed counterinsurgency operations no further to the west than Baikal.
3.Czechoslovak forсes may not patricipated in offensives west from Volga, but may defend already occupied regions.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat May 19, 2012 10:13 pm

In fatal years all of these points addressed by Clovis.
But about third house rule I'm not sure Czechoslovak will try to defend occupied regions longer. In his mod they get disordered or lose cohesion randomly during 1919.

Orel
Brigadier General

Sun May 20, 2012 3:14 am

I am willing to join as Siberian or Southern Whites(preferably southern white).

But I will need to know where I can find the micromod to install. I could host or maybe Durk could be asked. I am capable of doing over 1 turn per day.

I always oppose the use of allies in the civil war, even when no house rules are imposed. The only exception is for the French-Greek corps, but I usually use them only up to Kiev.

It is undesirable for me to have the first and last house rules, for the second I intend to introduce the French-Greek Corps exception.

I would propose to prohibit the "Recognize Independences" option in return though.
For united Russia!

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Sun May 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Baris wrote:In fatal years all of these points addressed by Clovis.
But about third house rule I'm not sure Czechoslovak will try to defend occupied regions longer. In his mod they get disordered or lose cohesion randomly during 1919.

Yes, I know, Clovis in his mod implemented many interesting and realistic historical conceptions. But, his mod based on 1.04 version, and Clovis himself, unfortunately, missing for 3 month. Whereas I am interested in some late changes in the game engine, which appeared in 1.05.

Orel wrote:I am willing to join as Siberian or Southern Whites(preferably southern white).

But I will need to know where I can find the micromod to install. I could host or maybe Durk could be asked. I am capable of doing over 1 turn per day.

OK. Then I will play Sibirean Whites. So, we need player for Reds, to fight the hydra of counterrevolution. :)
Basically, I have nothing against if one of the players hosting the game. Let's wait for third and then define this and other organizational matters.

"Micromod" - it is my own modification of couple of game files, to prevent numerous cases of premature death amongst generals and to make Reds more organized and technically equipped not worse than Whites, as it was in reality.

Orel wrote:I always oppose the use of allies in the civil war, even when no house rules are imposed. The only exception is for the French-Greek corps, but I usually use them only up to Kiev.

It is undesirable for me to have the first and last house rules, for the second I intend to introduce the French-Greek Corps exception.

I would propose to prohibit the "Recognize Independences" option in return though.

It is not a problem. As I wrote above, house rules are optional. When there will (let us hope) player for the Reds, we will discuss the details. As regards the "Recognize Independence" option - agrees completely.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Howdy, I'm quite willing to play the Soviets. Been playing RUS MP a lot since I bought it around newyear.
Though the Grand Campaign is rather weighted against the Reds. Kolchak's Siberian Coup is IIRC a lot more balanced. But I'm good with the GC, something to grind my teeth on.
Is this going to be transfer-by-email, or upload-to-forum? The latter is most convenient (for pictures, taunts & such).
http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=topics&f=192

Orel
Brigadier General

Mon May 21, 2012 5:37 pm

By the way is the micromod necessary, or could it also be dropped?
For united Russia!

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 21, 2012 6:27 pm

I can play vanilla scenario, no house rules or mods necessary.
Of course, the game might end by turn 8...

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Mon May 21, 2012 7:28 pm

le Anders wrote:Howdy, I'm quite willing to play the Soviets. Been playing RUS MP a lot since I bought it around newyear.
Though the Grand Campaign is rather weighted against the Reds. Kolchak's Siberian Coup is IIRC a lot more balanced. But I'm good with the GC, something to grind my teeth on.
Is this going to be transfer-by-email, or upload-to-forum? The latter is most convenient (for pictures, taunts & such).
http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=topics&f=192

Hello and welcome. So, people gathered for the civil strife.

As regards to balance in GC, in latest patch has been added more conscript to Reds and been reduced amount of money and conscripts for Whites. And, as I wrote above, in mod I give Reds more WS and more generals with training ability. May be, it will be enough to correct balance.

Orel wrote:By the way is the micromod necessary, or could it also be dropped?

Yes, for me - it is necessary. I must confess, I hate, when generals dying like flyes. :) And balance in vanilla is very unfavorable for Reds.

As for house rules, from my side they will be applied to the Czechs and the Japanese. As for Don cossacks and Allied intervention in the West - it is matter of Orel and le Anders agreement, I think.

If some one will undertake the writing of AAR, it would be better, maybe, post it here, or on the paradoxian forum - just for PR for this game. Unfortunately, I more or less freely read English, but writing more or less readable big texts on English takes too much time for me. So, I can only provide statistics and screenshots with short clarification on English.

To communicate, I think, it would be more convenient in Skype or by e-mail. My skype is 'oldfenrir', e-mail: old_fenrir@mail.ru

Mod: [ATTACH]18174[/ATTACH]
Patch 1.05, latest quickfix and then this. Desirable to reserve the original versions of files before, just in case.

And about host. So, we delegate Orel to host the game?
Attachments
mod.rar
(144.85 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 21, 2012 7:34 pm

That attachment isn't working.

Also, Orel hosting is not a problem for me, as long as the turns get resolved in a timely fashion.
Meaning 5 minutes after I post my orders.

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Mon May 21, 2012 7:48 pm

le Anders wrote:That attachment isn't working.

In what sense? As I can see, archive is downloaded normally.

le Anders wrote: Also, Orel hosting is not a problem for me, as long as the turns get resolved in a timely fashion.
Meaning 5 minutes after I post my orders.

I think, it would be hard in PBEM between people, living, moreover, in different time zones. Not to mention, that in latest patch battles becomes more lenghty and turn often lasts more than 5 minutes.
Well, in this case, we need an "external" host.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 21, 2012 7:50 pm

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
Meaning there's actually not an attachment. Try reuploading.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 21, 2012 7:53 pm

What do you mean, "external host"?

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Mon May 21, 2012 7:54 pm

One more man, who not playing, but hosting.

le Anders wrote:"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
Meaning there's actually not an attachment. Try reuploading.

And now?

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Old Fenrir wrote:One more man, who not playing, but hosting.

Nah, that'll just take even longer for turn resolves. getting a 2nd guy to do his turns in a timely fashion is hard enough, three is a challenge, and four is a nightmare. And there's no real reason to have a 4th guy involved, is there?

Now there's an actual attachment.

Orel
Brigadier General

Mon May 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Folks, I know a person who is a good host. I will email him immediately, though I am not sure that he will agree due to the micromod.

I doubt I can resolve the orders 5 minutes after they are posted. I am simply not fast enough, and I am not on the computer all day long.

If you want, we can all host. There was a method described somewhere in this forum, where the players would pass the hosting from one to the other every turn.
For united Russia!

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Mon May 21, 2012 8:31 pm

le Anders wrote:Nah, that'll just take even longer for turn resolves. getting a 2nd guy to do his turns in a timely fashion is hard enough, three is a challenge, and four is a nightmare. And there's no real reason to have a 4th guy involved, is there?

And people not always have the opportunity to assemble in front of the computer in 23:00 of Moscow time with they complete game turns. :) Isn't it?

So, people, who living in different time zones and who have their own affairs, may make they turns and send them to host, when it is convenient to them.

To avoid disappointment, I might add that I can make a 1 turn per day. And after 2-3 days I'm likely will to go away and I will be out until the June 2.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon May 21, 2012 8:50 pm

It's not like you need a superduper computer to resolve turns though, so I really don't see the point in complicating it more by involving more people. This isn't a tournament or anything.
And "5 minutes" was a joke nobody got, apparently...

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Mon May 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Yes, players may take turns in hosting. Players, who send they orders earlier, may send them password-protected and send password when latest player complete his orders and send them his turn.

But, in any case, the game is based on the good will and trust: that other players will not "peek in the cards", will not crack passwords, and host will not reexecute turn in his favor. And that the players will not to hurry up and suspect each other.
If not so - external host with vote of confidence from all sides is necessary.

Orel
Brigadier General

Tue May 22, 2012 12:57 am

Folks, I found a host. He is registered on this forum as Durk, his email is laramieela@yahoo.com. He said he is happy to help us, and that the mod isn't a problem. He is a neutral party, and I have had experience with him before. He can process one turn per day. What do you say?

Now we can discuss the options for the game.

These are the ones I usually use:
The attachment Game2.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
Game2.JPG
For united Russia!

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue May 22, 2012 6:41 am

Really, playing the Reds, I don't give a damn if one of you guys do the turn resolve. I'm not going to complain about anyone looking at my moves or doing dodgy stuff if things go bad for me.
Involving a 4th, as I said, only adds complications and time.

And the options look fine to me.

So if one of you would post the gamefiles, we can get this thing rolling!

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Tue May 22, 2012 11:58 am

Orel wrote:Folks, I found a host. He is registered on this forum as Durk, his email is laramieela@yahoo.com. He said he is happy to help us, and that the mod isn't a problem. He is a neutral party, and I have had experience with him before. He can process one turn per day. What do you say?

Now we can discuss the options for the game.

These are the ones I usually use:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18175[/ATTACH]

OK. As for me – Durk help gratefully accepted.

As for game options, I would prefer historical attrition and penalties in mothement and combat for stacks with inactive commander.
The attachment nastr.JPG is no longer available

But I have no fundamental objections against the setting, which proposed by Orel.
Attachments
nastr.JPG

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue May 22, 2012 1:17 pm

As I said, I'm fine with whatever settings. Leader penalties for inactive or not.
And I'd really appreciate if one of us, regardless of who, did the turn resolve. It's just silly if the 4th party goes on a long weekend in the woods or something and the three of us are there to post orders. The more operations in a chain of production, the greater the chance for foul-ups.
My normal settings:
The attachment rus settings.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
rus settings.jpg

Old Fenrir
Sergeant

Tue May 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Well, in this case, as I understand, we can start.

For Durk - our thanks for the responsiveness and apologies for disturbing.

Host - Orel.
Game options - at his discretion.
Making and execution of turns - on readiness.
Communication - via e-mail or private messages on this forum. My e-mail is above in this topic.

If no objections - let's get started.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue May 22, 2012 4:50 pm

*Aurora fires gun*

Return to “PBEM and multiplayer matchups (all games)”