lodilefty

NCP Official Patch 1.09a = April 30, 2012

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:56 pm

For your enjoyment!
Edit: updated to 1.09a

THIS PATCH DOES NOT WORK FOR THE 1.00 VERSION, if you have not installed the Foundation Patch before.

=======================================================================================
NCP Patch 1.09a
April 30, 2012
=======================================================================================
This patch is not compatible with saved games from versions earlier than 1.09 RC1.
In all cases, the Saved Game Folder will be deleted.

Setups
* 1813 Campaign
== corrected region ownership and starting location of units inside/ouside of fortresses for Stettin, Kustrin, Modlin and Thorn

* 1808 Spanish Ulcer
== fixed CTD when first turn executed [erroneous Faction called in Options event]
== corrected region ownership and starting locations of units inside/outside of several fortresses

Units and Models
== corrected parameters for BAV general C. A. von Beckers
== set Ocean-going Transports to 0 supply consumption to avoid starvation when locked in Shipping lanes

Complete Change log attached:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:29 am

Campaign 1813:
The French garrison units that are being besieged should be inside of the city and the Coalition units outside of it not vice versa.
That counts for Stettin, Küstrin, Modlin & Thorn.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

lodilefty

1813 Starting setup QwikFix

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:11 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:Campaign 1813:
The French garrison units that are being besieged should be inside of the city and the Coalition units outside of it not vice versa.
That counts for Stettin, Küstrin, Modlin & Thorn.

Fixed!
[Only changes the starting setup. No effect in saved games]

Thank you! :love:

Included in 1.09a [first post]:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?24539-NCP-Official-Patch-1-09a-April-30-2012&p=233661&viewfull=1#post233661
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks. :thumbsup:
And while your at it please take a look at the Bavarian Army, the Division "von Beckers" looks strange as the General doesn't seem to be a General but a normal unit, at least I don't see any command rating or seniority listed.

And could you also take a look into this log?
The Spain campaign crashes on the 1st turn.
[ATTACH]18026[/ATTACH]
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

lodilefty

NCP QwikFix

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:24 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:Thanks. :thumbsup:
And while your at it please take a look at the Bavarian Army, the Division "von Beckers" looks strange as the General doesn't seem to be a General but a normal unit, at least I don't see any command rating or seniority listed.

And could you also take a look into this log?
The Spain campaign crashes on the 1st turn.
[ATTACH]18026[/ATTACH]

The CTD was due to an incorrect Faction call
The weird General was a 'glitch' in the Model file

Fixes Included in 1.09a [first post]:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?24539-NCP-Official-Patch-1-09a-April-30-2012&p=233661&viewfull=1#post233661
[CENTER][/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks I check those out.

Could you answer a question regarding surrender?
Is there a general set calculation of how it works and if so what values do play a role or can it be specified in the scenario?
I tried Austerlitz (scenario 6) and wonder the Austrian Army in Italy surrenders being besieged in Milano although they seem to have supply & ammo in the city I guess also still there supply wagons(at least most of the I captured only 1 supply unit), besides being a bit stronger that my forces besieging them.
On the other hand I had to bully it out with the Austrians in Ulm leading the massive casualties (3 battles with 3 victories but strangely no gain in military control), next turn I finally got the pushed in the city and even that they seemed to try a breakout and I had to battle again and again till they finally stayed in the city but didn't surrender till now.
I just wonder what could be done to get an easier surrender of the Austrian Ulm forces or is some kind of "Pirna camp" event necessary for this?

lodilefty

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:11 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:Thanks I check those out.

Could you answer a question regarding surrender?
Is there a general set calculation of how it works and if so what values do play a role or can it be specified in the scenario?
I tried Austerlitz (scenario 6) and wonder the Austrian Army in Italy surrenders being besieged in Milano although they seem to have supply & ammo in the city I guess also still there supply wagons(at least most of the I captured only 1 supply unit), besides being a bit stronger that my forces besieging them.
On the other hand I had to bully it out with the Austrians in Ulm leading the massive casualties (3 battles with 3 victories but strangely no gain in military control), next turn I finally got the pushed in the city and even that they seemed to try a breakout and I had to battle again and again till they finally stayed in the city but didn't surrender till now.
I just wonder what could be done to get an easier surrender of the Austrian Ulm forces or is some kind of "Pirna camp" event necessary for this?

The actual calculations are known only to those with Pocusnian knowledge!

However, see http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Sieges_and_breaches

TQ is usually higher for 'field forces' vs Garrisons, and a larger force inside will be slow to surrender.
Assault without breach is rarely successful against a well balanced. large force.

So against Ulm: get the specialty forces there to make a breach, siege as long as you can to weaken the supply, then assault if you must.

I'm really not interesteted in trying to put together any more 'Saxon Surrender at Pirna' event sets! :bonk:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:47 am

Hehe I heard that it was a tough job do get it work like intended.
So would you consider some changes for the set-up to bring the French in a bit more favorable position as compensation for a missing Ulm event?
I propose:
1. Move the French Corps west of the Rhine to the east of the Rhine. The movement began on 25th-26th September so by 1st October the mass of the French army should be over the Rhine. That means move Grand Armee, 5th Corps & Garde Imperiale to region "Baden Baden"; 3rd, 4th & 6th Corps to region "Karlsruhe"; 2nd Corps to region "Mannheim" (yes a bit back but therefor south of the river Main); 7th Corps should be fixed for 2 turns not 1.
2. Improve weather to prohibit mud conditions for the first few turns. The advance was made in fair Autumn weather and up to 30km a day were made.
3. Austrian army should spread more, move Jellachich Corps to region "Überlingen" as it covered the area between Ulm and the Lake Constance. Maybe Kienmayer should be spread between region "Ingolstadt", "Ausgsburg" & "Freising".

Besides that I have some points regarding the engine:
1. How is the attrition rule used on moving units. I had the Grand Armee at Regensburg sheltered, next turn I ordered them to Linz and after the turn processing I saw that there was no "wear & tear" in the region Regensburg, there was "wear & tear" in Landshut, but then there was also "wear & tear" in Passau, the strange thing is none of the units had reach Passau, they were all 1 day away. And in the next turn the units got again "wear & tear" in the Region Passau. I just wonder if that is normal to get no "wear & tear" from region I move out of and "wear & tear" from region I didn't even reach.

2. The blockade of passes by harsh weather. As the scenario evolved the Austrian Tirol army moved south to Trente, by the time I attacked it them the Alpine regions of the Alps had Blizzard(harsh weather conditions) and movement inot them was blocked. The Tirol army moved away after the first battle to Cavalesse only to be reset to Trente, after that it tried to move north thru Bozen but got again reset to Trente, this went on for several turns, the really bad thing about it is that after the first battle there was no other battle although the army was reset to the Trente region again and again. Something has to be done, I simply cornered them and the engine doesn't allow me to defeat them because of this loophole.

3. Military control, how can it be that I win 3 battles in a region and still no posses 1& of military control? I battle the Ulm army 3 times and at the end of the turn military control for Austria was still 100%, would could be an explanation why they didn't retreat into Ulm. But I also saw this again, with the Grand Armee in Linz I battle one Russian corps and drove it inside Linz but MC was again 0% for me. Does it really work this way?

lodilefty

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Those changes sound like a great idea for a mod!

I'll try to answer your questions:
1. Attrition occurs as long as the stack is moving, so even though they didn't quite reach the destination, they were still moving. Next turn, they were still moving. You lose cohesion and take hits while moving. The actual amount loss is defined in each model. Posture, MC, roads and weather affect the amount.
For modifiers, See in GameLogic.opt in \NCP\Settings the section:
// ******* Cohesion and Attrition while moving *******

2. Please post the saved game for this, including the turn of retreat/result and \Backup1 subfolder.

3. Is situational. Is your army in Passive? Are the enemy significantly stronger? Another saved game would help.

For best practices sending a save see:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game
[CENTER][/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Thanks.

"1805 ULM.rar" has the turn before and after the battle of Ulm and "1805 LINZ.rar" the turn before and after the battle of Linz, both should show the MC problem.
"1805 TRENTE.rar" should show the Austrian units moving out of Trente, but that is only visible during turn processing.
"1805 TRENTE2.rar" should show turn before and after I battled the Tirol army for the first & last time.
Attachments
1805 TRENTE2.rar
(645.26 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
1805 TRENTE.rar
(627.52 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
1805 LINZ.rar
(633.54 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
1805 ULM.rar
(640.55 KiB) Downloaded 341 times

lodilefty

Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:19 pm

BigDuke66 wrote:Thanks.

"1805 ULM.rar" has the turn before and after the battle of Ulm and "1805 LINZ.rar" the turn before and after the battle of Linz, both should show the MC problem.
"1805 TRENTE.rar" should show the Austrian units moving out of Trente, but that is only visible during turn processing.
"1805 TRENTE2.rar" should show turn before and after I battled the Tirol army for the first & last time.

The blocked passes at Trente is the way the game engine works. It resolves blocked movement due to changes in weather at end of hosting by returning stack to original region. Your group had by then become defensive due to inactive leader. I'm still investigating what forced the enemy to return to Trente, as his stack shows allowed movement [unit types in yours block movement]

AFAIK, the non-MC is because a) the region is still contested, albeit barely. b) Your forces are extremely weak due to cohesion losses. c) Fortress still in enemy control. WAD

All seems WAD to me. Confusing, but WAD
[CENTER][/CENTER]

BigDuke66
General

Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Not sure how the movement orders by the AI are handled but I couldn't even get a general over this way with that weather, so I doubt that he is allowed to do so(Maybe except for some light units).
Could it be that a movement order that he made in good weather is still "in effect" and that's why he keeps bumping into the Alps again and again?
I remember that I order in good weather too and when I checked that General next turn the plotted movement path suddenly replotted around the Alps because of not allowed movement. Maybe an auto check what movement path is still valid is needed.

Regarding the MC, isn't this what the offensive setting is there for, to gain MC when winning battles? At least the tooltip says so and I won 3 battles with him almost loosing twice as many men.

lodilefty

Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:22 pm

Interestingly, when Frozen, the Mountain Pass allows movement, but the Alpine region does not. I guess that's the conflict, combined with a prior plot of movement to allow it. To add confusion, there is a Major Road link, that probably explains the AUS moves [due to low MC, FRA cannot use the road?]

Maybe a bug, but it will be some time before dev time is available to look...

Offense posture doesn't guarantee MC, it weakens defense and allows/initiates an attack. MC is gained from ratios of power, and Fortresses contribute quite a lot IIRC...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:40 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Amaury
Private

Wed May 02, 2012 11:26 am

thanks.
question: how do I avoid losing a saved game when changing version (=just lost one!)

BigDuke66
General

Wed May 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Well first it's important to see if the old saves are compatible with the new:
"This patch is not compatible with saved games from versions earlier than 1.09 RC1."
so if you still can use them simply copy them out of the save folder before installing the patch.

Amaury
Private

Wed May 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Thanks but I haven't done so... so are the saves lost or can they be recovered somewhere?? (the french were doing good! ;-) )

lodilefty

Wed May 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Amaury wrote:Thanks but I haven't done so... so are the saves lost or can they be recovered somewhere?? (the french were doing good! ;-) )

Gone, deleted...
I never looked for them, so maybe in Recycle Bin?
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Schluiffen
Lieutenant

Thu May 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Hello, thank you for improve this great game!!

But unfortunately I can´t play because it crashed in the first turn of every scenario. Here it is a screen with the warning, if I accept it the game close

The attachment NCP 1.09a error.jpg is no longer available

"wrong supply type received by the French GHC"
Attachments
NCP 1.09a error.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------
[SIZE="1"]There’s a valley in Spain called Jarama,
That's a place that we all know so well,
for 'tis there that we wasted our manhood,
And most of our old age as well.
[/size]

Franciscus

Fri May 04, 2012 12:26 am

Schluiffen wrote:Hello, thank you for improve this great game!!

But unfortunately I can´t play because it crashed in the first turn of every scenario. Here it is a screen with the warning, if I accept it the game close

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18087[/ATTACH]

"wrong supply type received by the French GHC"

Time to buy the game... ;)

BigDuke66
General

Fri May 04, 2012 3:27 am

:mdr:

Or at least try the demo.

Schluiffen
Lieutenant

Fri May 04, 2012 7:28 am

¿ :blink: ? Please, check this bill...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18088[/ATTACH]

I just posted the problem AFTER I bougth and installed it!!

In the other hand, I´ve seen my current account and the bill isn´t charged to my account yet. Maybe I have to wait, but I could download it without problems so I thougth everything was ok.

Thank you for your comments and confidence gentlemen, ;)

[/size]

Franciscus

Fri May 04, 2012 7:37 am

Sorry then, Schluiffen. :love:
Maybe you should send a PM to PhitThib, your SN may be invalid for some reason.

Regards

Schluiffen
Lieutenant

Fri May 04, 2012 7:42 am

Franciscus wrote:Sorry then, Schluiffen. :love:
Maybe you should send a PM to PhitThib, your SN may be invalid for some reason.

Regards

graças vizinho, I´ll do it.

Edit: Problem solved, I missed one letter when I copy-pasted the serial key :bonk: stoooooopid

[/size]

Kensai

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:35 pm

There is something wrong with my installation. I have the latest GamersGate edition (I think it is v1.03 out of the installation), correctly installed and registered with my serial. However, when I install the v1.09a problems arise. I can see it in almost every scenario as if the data becomes corrupt or erroneously rewritten somehow.

For example Napoleon's image disappears and his Grande Armee unit becomes a brigade with... a ship. What am I doing wrong? :confused:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Kensai

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:04 pm

This is the screen I have with the initial version (v1.03a). The Boulogne scenario.

And this is after I install v1.09a. It is as if it installs its contents to the wrong folders, messing with their structure. Moreover, something else curious: the Credits in the main screen seem to disappear.

Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

lodilefty

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Sounds like the patch went to incorrect directory...

Uninstall/reinstall is all I can suggest.

If you get same issue, post your !MainLog.txt here [as an attachment, please]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Kensai

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:25 pm

I can't find them. It doesn't save them in the usual place (as PON, however PON is a Steam game for me). It doesn't save in the normal directory the Saves either (although the saves exist, as I can load) so I presume they are saved somewhere else. Where could they be?

The most astonishing thing is that it doesn't crash... but obviously it's unplayable this way.

---

Update! I'll be damned... the saves and logs were in my Users account, hidden from view in a sub-sub-sub-folder... Anyway. Here's the Main Log.
Großdeutschland Mod

lodilefty

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:19 pm

That link tries to sell me d/l software and/or fee for service to d/l.
Remove the link or it will be treated as spam.

I seriously do not like 'file servers' that disguise sales of service vs free handling.

Meanwhile, follow reinstall instructions here:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Vista_Saved_Games

Then, if problem persists, do what almost all other users do and upload the MainLog file directly here using the "Manage Attachments" button when you are posting.

I will not debate the merits of file servers. This forum nicely supports small-file uploads. Use it!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Kensai

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:02 pm

Did you try to click on the "Click here to start download from sendspace"? It is a direct link that opens the .txt file instantly.
Großdeutschland Mod

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”