sapper32
Sergeant

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:01 pm

Turn 30 September 1777

Butlers rangers are at Ft Oswego awaiting the arrival of Prescotts brigade before trying to capture the fort.
[ATTACH]15855[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]15859[/ATTACH]

The armies in New England are resting for the moment in the hope that i can resume operations soon however a lot of the battalions are well below strengh.

Lord Rawdon crosses the Appomatox river and approaches Richmond while J F Specht defeats an American brigade south of Petersburg
[ATTACH]15856[/ATTACH]

The south see's Tomas Browns brigade chase and defeat a rebel force twice,Cornwallis still rests in Charlotte and waits for extra troops.
[ATTACH]15857[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]15858[/ATTACH]

American privateers are becoming more troublesome im going to have to try and get hold of some more ships to keep control of the sea's
Attachments
stan 1.jpg
brown.jpg
the south.jpg
rawdon.jpg
stanwix.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Turn 31 October 1777

The Mowhawk vally is proving difficult to capture so Sir Charles Grey marches out of Albany with a strong brigade to put an end to the rebelion there and stirs up a hornets nest of rebels and fights four battles and captures Fort Drayton.

[ATTACH]15960[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15961[/ATTACH]

William Howe marches from Hartford to capture Springfield with nine battalions and artillery supported by Leslie with five battalions and artillery Springfield is abandoned by the rebels.

Lord Rawdon attacks Richmond with four battalions and artillery inflicting 260 casualties on the rebels and captures the town.
[ATTACH]15962[/ATTACH]

Tarleton and Brown join forces and march on Wilmington the last rebel stronghold in the deepsouth.

As usual the Royal navy are busy trying to pursue the American privateers
Attachments
grey (2).jpg
rawdon.jpg
grey1.jpg
Grey.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Turn 32 November 1777

Sir Guy Carleton and Prescotts Brigade march to German flats to take up winter quarters while Sir Charles Grey marches back to Albany Fort Stanwix will have to wait untill next year for the Kings men to capture it.

In New England Leslies corps of 6 battalions and Von Riedesels corps of 9 battalions move to engage the American Thomas's army in westminster who is attacked twice.

[ATTACH]16006[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16008[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16009[/ATTACH]

Rawdons Brigade moves to attack and capture Charlottesville with 4 battalions and captures the town a strategic objective.

Cornwallis and Prevost will jopin forces and capture the towns of Wilmington and Hillsboro while using irregular forces to subdue the local rebels

[ATTACH]16007[/ATTACH]

Ive used my 25 EPs to purchase a scouting squadron of ships to help the overstretched Royal navy hunt down American privateers
Attachments
west 1.jpg
west.jpg
cornwallis.jpg
ne.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Turn 33 December 1777

Carleton,Prescott and Sir Charles Grey are all in winter quarters and await better weather next year.

Leslies corps moves to quarters in Worcester to resupply and gain replacements but on the way bumps into Thomas again and defeats him inflicting heavy losses.

J.F Specht marches to Williamsburg and assaults the town defeating the garrison and capturing the town.

[ATTACH]16060[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16061[/ATTACH]

Cornwallis marches on Wilmington to help Tarleton capture the Port but before he gets there Tarleton captures the port.

[ATTACH]16062[/ATTACH]

Here is the standings so far for the end of 1777

[ATTACH]16063[/ATTACH]
Attachments
obj.jpg
cornwallis.jpg
william.jpg
jf.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Turn 34 January 1778

Winter has well and truely set in almost all troops are in garrison for the winter.I have purchased a replacement infantry element to help get my armies in New England Up to strengh.

Only in the deep south does any action take place as Cornwallis and Prevost march north to capture Hillsborro.

[ATTACH]16090[/ATTACH]
Attachments
cornwallis.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:57 pm

Turn 35 February 1778

Just lots of reorganising going on while the winter is here,Cornwallis will move to Richmond ready to take command of the campain to march north and capture Alexandria.
Two battalions of Foot and one of dragoons waits in Halifax nova scotia for good weather to sail for war.
General Washington has been spotted in New England and will be hunted down in the spring by the combined forces of Howe,Knyphusen and Von Riedesel while Sir Charles Grey is at Albany and will campain in the mowhawk river valley.
I hope to turn my attention on Philadelphia soon as it looks like the French are going to become involved soon as Benjamin Franklin has signed an alliance with France.

sapper32
Sergeant

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Turn 36 March 1778

The bad weather is starting to turn to spring now so campaining will begin next turn,General Washington and Greene are spotted in Durham and Derry and will be brought to battle in the comming monthes.
Troops and supply are been gathered ready for the comming campains,Sir William Howe will lead one army while the German General Knyphausen will lead another.
In the south Tarleton turns his attention to hunting down rebels while Watson and King Georges Rangers lay seige to Beufort.
Ive activated an Indian warband the Miami who will harass the rebels around Pittsburg.

sapper32
Sergeant

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Turn 37 April 1778

Prescotts brigade has marched to attack Ft Stanwix but is repulsed,He will now await the arrival of the German Rall's brigade and attack next turn.

[ATTACH]16206[/ATTACH]

SirCharles Grey marches hia army east from Albany to Brattleboro ready to engage the elusive General Washignton.
William Howes army moves from Springfield to the merrimac river also ready to engage Washigton.
The German General Knyphausen attacks cambridge but is checked at bunker hill.

[ATTACH]16205[/ATTACH]

Washington and his large army have arrived in Peabody maybe this is the opportunity i have been waiting for as i have three sizable armies in the area.

Brigadier Marsh heads for Trenton and Philadelphia with some rangers and spots Daniel Morgan's army.The rebel capitol will be seized this year a German army is enroute to New York aswell as reinforcements from England they will join Marsh for the assault on Philadelphia.

J F Specht marches from Richmond to Alexandria while Cornwallis marches north to support him but on the way bumps into 1800 rebels.

[ATTACH]16204[/ATTACH]

Replacements are paid for my army needs bringing up to strenth.
Attachments
press.jpg
knyp.jpg
cornw.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Turn 38 May 1778

Prescotts brigade joins forces with Rall's then attacks Ft Stanwix forcing the rebels out into the wilderness this has been a long wait for this victory and will free up forces to recapture Ticonderoga.

[ATTACH]16207[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]16208[/ATTACH]
Knyphausen,Grey and Howe move to engage Washigton who slips away again to the north.Portsmouth will be captured next turn the rebels are running out of supply bases in New England.

[ATTACH]16209[/ATTACH]

Marsh's brigade attacks Trenton and is victorious,Marsh will now assemble his army to storm Philadelphia.The 3rd rangers scout around the rebel capitol and check out the surrounding area.

J F Specht captures Alexandria however without sending additional troops south by sea my forces in the south are spread quite thin and are having trouble chasing down rebel raiding parties.
Attachments
wash.jpg
stan.jpg
rall.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:32 pm

Turn 39 June 1778

Sir Charles Grey and Von Riedesel move north to engage General Washington at Derry but Washington evades combat by marching west.

Colonel Johann Stirn marches towards Salem but stops short as the garrison there under the command of Gates is too powerfull for his force to tackle.

Ralls bde at Ft Stanwix head out into the wildeness to hunt down Wards corps but fails to corner him.

Marsh is at the gates of Philadelphia but will await reinforcements from New York and maybe the arrival of Freidricht Baum's corps

The deep south see's anti guerilla operations continue although no decisive actions.

sapper32
Sergeant

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Turn 40 July 1778

Von Riedesel attacks Portsmouth and captures it and defeating the garrison Salem will be next.

[ATTACH]16403[/ATTACH]

Sir Charles Grey pursues General Washington but Washington outpaces him and captures Albany destroying the garrison

Cornwallis fights a running battle in the deep south defeating the rebels but the rebels continue to be a thorn in the side of the British and try to capture Fort ninety six.
More German mercenaries are formed at Halifax ready to sail for the colonies.
Attachments
albany.jpg
v rie.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Turn 41 August 1778

Reinforcements arrive from Halifax(1 Ger Battalion + 2 militia)also a supply wagon is purchased.

Von Riedesel rests in Portsmouth as his forces are exhausted,Sir Charles Grey heads south from Conchord to Brattlboro as i try to gather an army to assault Washington at Albany,W Howe moves to rally an army at Springfield and Hartford while Rall's brigade marches back to Fort Stanwix.

Marsh holds at Sommerset on the Delaware river waiting to strike at Philadelphia.

[ATTACH]16410[/ATTACH]

J F Specht rests at Alexandria

Cornwallis and Tarleton join forces to defeat a powerfull rebel brigade under the command of Crawford who evades and dissapears into the wilderness.

[ATTACH]16409[/ATTACH]
Attachments
phil.jpg
cornwallis.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Turn 41 September 1778

Generals Howe and Grey are resting in garrisons after running out of steam trying to bring General Washington to battle.

Marsh's brigade captures Philadelphia the capitol of the revolution while Daniel Morgan slips out of Philadelphia and attacks NewYork not good it has held this turn but my garrison there has taken serious losses.

[ATTACH]16783[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]16782[/ATTACH]

In the deep south Cornwallis is defeated by Crawfords brigade at Tar and falls back to Hillsboro

[ATTACH]16781[/ATTACH]
Attachments
philli.jpg
ny.jpg
corn 222.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:45 pm

Turn 42 October 1778

Most of my troops around the colonies are resting the rebels seem to be outgunning me at the moment and are still attacking NewYork which may well fall soon however my troops held off General Morgan's army.

[ATTACH]16881[/ATTACH]
Attachments
wia.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Turn 43 November 1778

The troops in the North move into winter quarters however NewYork see's the heaviest action of the war so far as the rebels close in,Im sending all available troops to help out but two large rebel forces will make it difficult to hold on to NewYork,Daniel Morgans army attacks NewYork three times before capturing the city only to get defeated by a fresh unit i sent to reinforce the garrison,Morgan retreats away from NewYork so against the odds i won the day.

[ATTACH]16882[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]16883[/ATTACH]

The German Von Loos lands at Charleston and marches for Orangeburg ready to recapture fort 96,Cornwallis awaits fresh troops at Hillsborro before he trys to take on the large rebel force to his north.

[ATTACH]16884[/ATTACH]
Attachments
vonloos.jpg
ny.jpg
ne.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:37 pm

T44 November 1778

Winter spreads across the north and NewYork is safe for the moment and Clinton has arrived to bolster the defences,He orders Colonel Marsh to march and engage Daniel Morgans army while its in a weakened condition but he slips away to west point where another rebel force is in winter quarters.

General J F Specht marches south from Alexandria and engages and defeats a rebel force at king william.

[ATTACH]16890[/ATTACH]
The German Colonel Von Loos leads his brigade of light infantry and dragoons to Fort 96 and recaptures it.I spend 15 EPs on training new troops.

[ATTACH]16891[/ATTACH]
Attachments
96.jpg
jfs.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:02 pm

T45 December 1778

France and Spain have declared war on Great Britain,Im not sure what will happen yet i assume at some stage in the comming month's they will both send troops and ships.I guess i will have to reiforce the south against the Spanish im sending Howe's fleet to Charleston and will have to think about reinforcing Pensacola,Mobile and the Caribbean.
I have spent 25 EPs on another scouting squadron of ships and all my troops in the north are in winter quarters rebuilding ready for 1779.

In the south the rebel brigade under Crawford is heading for Petersburg,General J F Specht has arrived at Richmond to guard against Crawford who attacks and captures Petersburg where will he head next?
[ATTACH]16905[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]16906[/ATTACH]
Attachments
petersburg.jpg
jf sp.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Turn 46 January 1779

Winter grips the the North as both sides rebuild and train ready for the comming campains,The rebels have four main armies that im aware of at the moment Daniel Morgan is at westpoint with aforce of twenty regiments,Charles Lee is in quarters at Albany with forty regiments,General John Thomas is at Salem with 8 regiments but is trapped and will be destroyed in the spring,Down in the south Colonel William Crawford is in Petersburg with ten regiments i hope that Cornwallis and J F Specht will crush him in the comming months.
All in all the rebels have a very large force in the north but not a lot in the south if i can secure the south for good then concentrate on the north maybe i have a chance to end in a strong position.

sapper32
Sergeant

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Turn 47 February 1779

The noth remains frozen over but General Washington slips out of Albany taking personal command of the continental army and lays seige to and captures fort Drayton destroying the garrison.
[ATTACH]17000[/ATTACH]

Further south i have sent a small detatchment of Hessians to capture reading and Sir Oliver DeLancy marches south out of Philadelphia to capture NewCastle and Head of Elk.
I have used 15 EPs to buy another supply wagon and below is a screen of the current ownership lots of Union flags but i fear it looks a lot better than it is.
[ATTACH]17001[/ATTACH]
Attachments
1.jpg
wash.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Turn 48 March 1779

The north is still frozen solid but spring is here so next turn Clinton will march north up the Hudson river and engage Morgans army at west point.Washington and Lee are still at Albany and German flats and both appear to be in good shape while a lot of my corps are still regrouping and rebuilding.

[ATTACH]17037[/ATTACH]

The French have arrived a large naval force attacks a small fleet i sent to wilmington from Boston and sink a small vessel and destroy a battalion of German light infantry.

[ATTACH]17038[/ATTACH]
Attachments
naval.jpg
hudson.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Turn 49 April 1779

The Commander in Cheif Clinton assembles an army at stony point ready to march on west point and force General Morgans rebels to battle.

[ATTACH]17140[/ATTACH]

Admiral Howe sails from Wilmington to NewYork as an enemy squadron was spotted in the area.

Sir Oliver DeLancey marches south to attack Baltimore but is beaten back.

[ATTACH]17141[/ATTACH]

I spent 15 EPs on training some elite replacments but failed and gained a regular replacement.
Attachments
dl.jpg
cats.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:47 pm

Turn 50 May 1779

Clinton attacks west point with his army and defeats the rebels capturing the town.Unfortunatly Clintons army goes into reorgand suffers a loss of cohesion not good.
Von Reidesel attacks Salem and defeats the American John Thomas but the town remains in rebel hands.
[ATTACH]17180[/ATTACH]
The German General Von Rall attacks German Flats but is repulsed,He will try again next turn.
Reinforcements are sent to Charleston for Cornwallis to finally defeat the south.
I spend 20 EPs on releasing an Indian warband.Washington is still at Albany with an ominous looking army how im going to defeat him now im not sure maybe i need to go on the defensive for a while.
Attachments
vr.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Turn 51 June 1779

Brigadier General Fraser is encamped in Cambridge building a depot whilst further to the north Von Reidesel is in Portsmouth building a depot.
Sir Charles Grey has marched north from NewYork to reinforce Clinton at Westpoint which is again attacked and captured the rebel garrison is destroyed.
[ATTACH]17181[/ATTACH]
In the deep south General Leslie and his army have landed at Charleston and will march inland and join up with Colonel Von Loos at Camden.
Ive spent 25 EPs on buying two British Foot battalions who will be transported from Halifax to the colonies with a supply wagon.
Attachments
clinton.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Turn 52 July 1779

Clinton has marched his army back to NewYork to rest while Sir Charles Grey garrisons Westpoint.General Washington is still at Albany i hope he stays there for the rest of the year.

Sir Oliver DeLancey captures Baltimore after three month's of trying,I will move DeLancey back to NewEngland now so he suffers no penalties.
[ATTACH]17229[/ATTACH]
Admiral Howe sails from Charleston to engage a French invasion fleet at cape fear,Unfortunatly for me the French disembark there army before my fleet arrives and attacks Wilmington destroying the garrison and capturing the town.
[ATTACH]17227[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]17228[/ATTACH]
The south is turning into a massive headache for me having just sent Brigadier General Fraser with seven battalions to reinforce Cornwallis its obvious now that more units will have to be sent south.

Ive spent 35 EPs on training two more battalions of foot which arrive at Halifax and will be sent south to Norfolk

To top of a bad month for me the Spanish are active in the deep south west of Mobile there are no forces available to reinforce that area so local units will have to do there best.
Attachments
de lan.jpg
wil.jpg
howe.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Turn 53 August 1779

General Washington is still holed up in Albany which is fine by me as my forces in New England are in need of rest and refit.Ive sent light troops to patrol the area's surrounding Albany.

Von Reidesel is struggling to rebuild his army in Portsmouth and wont be ready for campains untill next year.

Tarletons force will join up with J F Specht and assault Petersburg with has a garrison of 3 regiments.

Crawfords rebel brigade attacks and captures Charlotte destroying the militia regiment i had garrisoning the town.Major General Leslie will take control of Von Loss brigagde and march on Charlotte and hope to join force's with Cornwallis to engage the French army at Wilmington
[ATTACH]17345[/ATTACH]
Attachments
crawford.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Turn 54 September 1779

Clinton and Sir Charles Grey have joined forces in NewYork,General Washington remains in Albany.

J F Specht marches on and captures Petersburg defeating a small rebel army.
[ATTACH]17397[/ATTACH]
Tarleton has clashed with William Crawfords army near charlotte and comes off worst,However Crawford disapears into the wilderness.

The Spanish have captured Fort New Richmond near Mobile and attacked Mobile itself but were beaten back.
[ATTACH]17396[/ATTACH]
Ive spent 8 EPs on a regular replacement and 13 EPs on training an Elite replacement.
Attachments
jf.jpg
fort new richmond.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Turn 55 October 1779

Sir Charles Grey will sail his army south to Charleston and help the fight against the French while winter starts to put an end to campains in the north.

Mowhawk Indians harass Daniel Morgans army near German flats while British and Loyalist ligt units harass Genaral Washington who is still quartered in Albany.

Lord Howe's fleet engages and defeats a french fleet at Bermuda basin near cape fear.
The attachment 55 naval.jpg is no longer available

Clinton marches his army to Fishkill ready to counter a move by the rebels near Albany
Attachments
55 naval.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:29 pm

Turn 56 November 1779

The Comander in Chief Clinton engages the rebel Daniel Morgan and his army near Fiskill inflicting a serious defeat on the rebels who disappeared into the wilderness Clinton will march back to New York to take up winter quarters next month.
56 Clinton.jpg

The German General J F Specht marches south from Petersburg and defeats a rebel force of 2000 men who suffer serious losses.

General Leslie builds a depot at Camden and will march towards Cornwallis at Hillsboro next month.I hope to join Leslie and Cornwallis together and then take on the French in cooperation with Sir Charles Grey.

The German General Von Reidesel attacks and captures Salem defeating the rebel general John Thomas who escapes to the west.
56 Clinton.jpg

Ive spent 15 EPs on a squadron of mechant ships to help move my forces around.
Attachments
56 v r.jpg

sapper32
Sergeant

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Turn 57 December 1779

With the comming of winter most of the units in the north are in winter quarters although Simon Fraser's brigade is pursuing Major General John Thomas's army near peabody,Thomas's army evades Fraser and trys a sneak attack on Salem but is heavily deteated.

J F Sphect's army marches to Richmond through the snow to take up winter quarters.

Major General Alexander Leslie is marching north to salisbury to take up quarters.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17884[/ATTACH]

Tarletons brigade attacks Charlotte which has fallen into rebel hands and recaptures the town.
Sir Charles Grey is marching north along the coast to Wilmington which will be assaulted next month

Ive spent 13 EPs on training an elite replacement

sapper32
Sergeant

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Turn 58 January 1780

The North and New England are snowed in Clinton the Commander in Chief marches south to NewYork.

Leslies corps is resting in Salisbury North Carolina before hunting down the French,Sir Charles Grey has marched along the coast to capture the port of Wilmington inflicting serious losses on the rebels before marching victorious into the town.
t 58 wilm.jpg

Ive trained an Elite replacement
t 58 wilm.jpg

The situation at the start of 1780
Attachments
t 58.jpg

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America AARs”