PJJ
Captain

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:28 pm

berto wrote:I am working with AGEOD staff and a few beta team members on a major new QA project. This is already showing much promise finding errors in the PON data sets. These new QA tools and techniques are coded and implemented in a general way, thus are readily applicable to all AGE engine games.

There is reason to believe these new QA initiatives will show good results in uncovering RUS data errors also. I expect to review the RUS data sets within a week or two (and as an ongoing project into the future). Of course, I will share my findings with the RUS dev and beta teams.

No, RUS is not being abandoned, or neglected. Do not lose hope. Work on improving RUS continues!

Sounds good. I really appreciate people doing QA work. It's not terribly glamorous, but if it's neglected, then nothing will work. Almost like the logistics of an army! :)

Now regarding the Drang Nach Osten scenario, it would be more interesting if further developed. The concept of an early Operation Barbarossa is something that hasn't been seen in wargames too often.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Even it look as if "Drang scenario" regarded as an generic international alternative conflict scenario versus Germans it would be more rare and better if Reds wouldn't be that much united in the alternative scenario in case of German invading force. Both Germans and Reds(much higher)would have probability to have soft spots versus the enemy. But if the RCW regarded as mainly Russian conflict than it is sufficient to have early Operation Barbarossa in the alternative scenario. But it shouldn't be and it is not.

Edit: that would be excellent NY Rangers. It is a very good scenario indeed :)

NY Rangers
Major

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:29 pm

FYI, Clovis has promised to mod DNO after his ACW-work. Can't wait!

jack54
Brigadier General

Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Seb wrote:
To conclude, we have made the game we had in mind and we consider it's finished, except from bug correction. So ok, we won't bring new features in the years to come, but I don't think this mean it is "abandoned".

Thank you,that seems perfectly reasonable to me. :)

Scipio
Private

Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:54 pm

Agree. Once the bugs are ironed out, maybe there will be more modding interest.

Sorry about the sales situation. This is by far my favorite AGE game and one of my favorite computer games period. It's a pity it hasn't gotten more attention.

Laruku
General of the Army

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Reducing the price might increase the sales. That has worked for other Ageod games. ;)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

I have remembered Rise of Prussia were sold 5 to 10$ in a discount but I think what did really helped is pic heavy AAR's of Narwhal in Paradox forum with his excellent AAr's explaining game mechanics.(by the players comments I have read that they decided to buy) I think a few attempts of AAR's should help a lot in sales more than ROP. But unfortunately some delay in correcting bugs did prevent those AAR's. But hopefully they will come up.

Laruku
General of the Army

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:23 pm

Yes, you are right regarding that AAR. I am reading it and it's a good way to learn and enjoy the game. I wish something like that would be in RUS.

wijse

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:59 am

I wish for more control in the use of aircraft. Maybe a button, where when you click on a airfield, it will recon the area around the province the stack is in and a bombing raid button that will let a player designate a province the airfield should raid. The last feature could work like the unload onto a province which transport ships have.
Also known as wis on the paradox forums.

PhilThib

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:09 am

Air warfare code will be improved in the future, for sure :)

wijse

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:12 pm

PhilThib wrote:Air warfare code will be improved in the future, for sure :)

I'm glad to hear that, its one of the things that prevents RUS from being near perfect in my eyes.
Also known as wis on the paradox forums.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:46 am

wijse wrote:I wish for more control in the use of aircraft. Maybe a button, where when you click on a airfield, it will recon the area around the province the stack is in and a bombing raid button that will let a player designate a province the airfield should raid. The last feature could work like the unload onto a province which transport ships have.

And this feature would only be available if an Aircraft-friendly officer is present...
In WW1, planes were often seen as useless toys by military, and pilots were not under control (they almost did as they want, or as they could without coordination).

Orel
Brigadier General

Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:39 pm

I would like to capture armored trains from the opponent, since that frequently occurred in the civil war.
For united Russia!

PhilThib

Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:14 am

You can "mod" this yourself and try it in your game easily: change the capture percentage value in the respective models files to what you want (don't forget to destroy the cached file in the models folder or your changes won't be taken into account :cool: )

Sean E
Captain

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:55 pm

PhilThib wrote:Air warfare code will be improved in the future, for sure :)

Good news. Are you open to suggestions/ideas about these improvements?

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Make some videotutorials/let's plays. Many people look up games on youtube and games like RUS look very bland and boring on screens. Also people will get what to do in your first game and see all game broadness.

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

NM, Experience vs Replacement etc

Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Have few notes to share as for RUS Grand Campaign.

1. It is not fair to have (-1) NM decline for Reds after besieged garrison gave up a small insignificant town. There are plenty of small towns and garrisons are locked there (all over the Ural and Siberia), Caucasus etc. What is interesting - if town was taken by assault and garrison destroyed - no NM penalty for Reds. It is unfair - I suggest remove this penalty for small city surrenders.

Other possible approach - award NM for every city taken big or small proportional to size and significance of the city. Probably it make sense to change the scale of National Morale from (0-200) to (0-500) or so.
That change is GOOD because it makes strategy for Whites to merge whole army in the single stack and go for Moscow ineffective and will require dedicated garrisons for rear cities.

-----------------

Replacement. There is a "conscript" type of units that can be turned into normal units with attributes better than conscripts by Training officer or by chance sometimes.

I think that is incorrect concept, because Whites have normal units and they have normal units as a result of replacement. On the contrary the majority of Red units are conscripts and they replace conscripts from replacement pool.

But if we have regiment of 1000 men, lost 950 of them and called for replacement - the resulting regiment should be conscripts with minimal experience. To be exact - if 1000 men had 100 experience and we lost 950 men, the remaining 50 men have 5 experience. If we replaced 950 men with conscripts the resulting regiment should have 5 experience.

I think the fighting skill of regiment should be determined by Experience - this concept is present in game, don't know how it is applied. There are should be NO special type of Conscript units. All new units are conscripts in the sense of Experience. Training officer should increase Experience (to some limit) - not change unit type.

What I experience in game - the whites dispite having large casualties have units of normal fighting skill, they draw replacement for them from the pool and these units do not revert back to conscript type even after heaviest losses...

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:17 am

DarkGarry wrote:1. It is not fair to have (-1) NM decline for Reds after besieged garrison gave up a small insignificant town.

You're right. I think the morale drop should only occure if Military Control of its region is too lost for maybe 70% Whites: Town was not so important, food was.
Replacement. There is a "conscript" type of units that can be turned into normal units with attributes better than conscripts by Training officer or by chance sometimes.
I think that is incorrect concept, because Whites have normal units and they have normal units as a result of replacement. On the contrary the majority of Red units are conscripts and they replace conscripts from replacement pool.

For Whites, these 'conscripts' are the numerous officers celebrating in the rear with moujik loot and allied money.

Orel
Brigadier General

Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:15 pm

It would be desirable to remove Komuch tags once the Directory is established and convert Komuch troops into Siberian white forces. Or make Komuch troops Siberian from the beginning and remove this subfraction.

As well, it would be justified to remove the "Northern White" and "Northwestern White" tags from Northern and North-Western troops and make them plain Southern.

Or at least make White Siberian generals able to incorporate in their divisions Komuch units, and Southern White generals the same for Northern and Northwestern units, as it was before patch 1.04.
For united Russia!

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

Nm

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:31 am

In Grand Campaign I suggest to have some game mechanism that allows to boost NM (National Morale). Kind of what is already implemented in Alternative History Campaign. What I suggest - to have different mechanisms to exchange Money to NM, VP to NM, EP to NM or combination of them.

Example: Minor Propaganda Campaign - Cost Money 50, VP 200, EP 4; Gives 4 NM; Can be done twice per year;

Major Propaganda Campaign - Cost Money 100, VP 400, EP 8; Gives 8 NM; Can be done once per year;

Print Newspapers - Cost Money 25; VP 100; Gives 2 NM; Can be done twice per year;

Justification: Low NM badly affects cohession and fighting of regiments. On the other hand if one side hold many cities (and generate VPs there) this fact can be used in propaganda campaign.

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

Supply carriages

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Damaged supply carriages has same capacity of ammo and supplies as not damaged, I think that's a bug - it should be proportional to hp percentage.

DarkGarry
Lieutenant

Replacement

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Currently in besieged city it is not possible to draw replacement or build new regiments. The reality is quite the opposite - if loyalty is high, commanders will muster troops from everyone who can carry a rifle. I may agree to some extent that manufacturing is stopped by siege, so you could not produce field guns, armoured trains, for example.
But should be able to
1. Get replacements into damaged regiments in the besieged city (may be slowly)
2. Create new units (for example - no guns, only Garrison infantry)

The production and reinforsement speed may have a penalty.

Return to “Help to improve RUS”