Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Tourney Brackets and Results

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:48 am

Here is the bracket so you can follow along. In the event we get a 10th tonight or on Saturday, I'll revise this slightly, but for the most part it's set and ready to go.

I'll be sending out the starter files for the games I'm hosting, and instructions to the other hosts tomorrow.

You can see that I collapsed the Euro and American brackets into a single one. This was because I got better matchups that way. Seeding was based first on experience, second on location. For the most part we have folks in the first round playing people of roughly equal experience - most matchups are equal skill based on what you told me, or there's one level of difference.

After two losses you're out of the tournament, but you can lose your first game, and recover all the way to the championship game, so hang in there and best wishes to all!

Bracket, based on a tourney field of 12:

Round One
(6 games)

CitizenX (CSA) - First Loss
v (host Altaris)
Seraphim (USA) WON (by resignation, with VP total at 1602 v 1153)

PatCleburne (CSA) WON (by resignation, with VP total at 1882 v 1325 in E Nov 62)
v (host Longshanks)
Gchristie (USA) - First Loss

Charlesonmission CSA) -WON (by NM victory)
v (host DeGuerra/Longshanks)
Durk (USA) -First Loss

BlindSniper (CSA) WON (by VP victory, with VP total at 2706-2333.)
v (host Longshanks)
Rudolf (USA) - First Loss

Newman5 (CSA) - First Loss
v (host Durk)
Altaris (USA) - WON (by NM victory)

GabrielK/Mortar (CSA) -First Loss
v (host Longshanks)
Moni Kerr (USA) WON (by resignation, with VP at 2154 US v 2214 CS (-60 vp) and three turns left - under the circumstances this is a Win by VP)

Round Two Pairings (6 games)
Players will be paired as they become available since the games are not likely to end at the same time.

Pairings will be based on which side you played in the first round, whether you won or lost, how many VPs you earned (or if you got an outright win), time zone compatibility and other pertinent info.

Pairings will include two games of winner v winner, two of loser v loser, and two of winner v loser. Since we're playing a double elimination, this will mean either 4 or 5 games in the third round.

[color="Red"]ROUND 2[/color]
Winner v Winner
Seraphim (CSA) WON (by VP victory, with VP 2,570 v 1,749), now 2-0
v (Host: Longshanks)
Charlesonmission (USA) First Loss, now 1-1

Pat Cleburne (USA) started 2/15/12 ended 3/12/12 WON (by resignation L Jan 63, leading NM 118 v 102, VP 2016 v 1798)
Altaris (CSA) - his first loss, now 1-1

Winner v Loser
Blindsniper(USA) WON by resignation on E Feb 63 turn, with VP at 2002 v 1943. Record now 2-0 but has dropped out of tourney.
GraniteState (CSA, alternate) lost

Moni Kerr (CSA) lost (his first loss)
Rattler01 (USA), alternate WON by resignation on E Jul 62 turn with VP at 1244 v 1139

Loser v Loser starting 1/23/12 - ended on Mar 8 with a NM/resignation win for Durk
Newman5 (USA) Newman's second loss, so we say good-bye for now!
Durk (CSA) WIN (Durk is now 1-1 and moves to third round)

FelixZ (USA) (alternate taking CitizenX's place)
v (Longshanks host) starting 2/14/2012
Rudolf (CSA)

[color="Red"]ROUND 3[/color]

Seraphim, 2-0 - wins via VP victory, 2731 to 2717 (14 points!), now 3-0!
v
Pat Cleburne, 2-0 - his first loss of the tourney, now 2-1

Altaris, 1-1 WON via resignation, so now 2-1 and moving to Round 4 - First in ROUND 4, so congrats!
v
Durk, 1-1 Alas! this is Durk's second loss, and so we say adieu, so long podner, see ya on the forums, and thanks for all the fish! (oops wrong world reference)

MoniKerr (USA) 1-1
v
Winner of FelixZ*/Rudolf game

Awaiting assignment: Charlesonmission (absent from game until at least Summer '12)

*alternates took over for players who dropped out with one loss

[color="Red"]ROUND 4[/color]

Altaris, 2-1 (USA)
v
Seraphim, 3-0 (CSA)

(Pat Cleburne will play winner of MoniKerr v FelixZ/Rudolf)
(other games may or may not occur depending on who wins/loses)

There are likely two rounds after the above. The deciding factor is: two losses and you're out of the tourney. This drives the number of rounds. It is possible there could be a rematch for the final tournament game.

charlesonmission

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:19 am

Lonshanks, fantastiech!

I'm getting nervous already....

Charles

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:37 am

Have you thought about naming rights? That title is begging for a Chick-Fil-A or a Capital One sponsorship. :thumbsup:

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:14 am

[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Blind Sniper
Sergeant

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:17 am

Good job man :thumbsup:

gchristie
Brigadier General

We happy few

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:27 pm

[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"]We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his virtual blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlefolk on the AGEOD forum now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us in Saint Longshank’s Tourney[/size].[/font]

From (sort of) Shakespeare's Henry V

[SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"]Well met, Ser Cleburne[/size][/size]
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Altaris

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Oh well, probably better if I get just a bit more experience before my first game anyway.

Longshanks, I can still process turns if you need someone. Just let me know, I don't mind doing several (doesn't really take any extra time to process 3-4 than it does 1 if I can do them at the same time of day).

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:59 pm

gchristie wrote:[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"]We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
That fought with us upon Saint Longshank’s Tourney[/size].[/font]

AACW: $15 in the bargain bin
Raising troops: $$, CS & WS

The above - priceless
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]

-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]

-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES

(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.

(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Newman5
Conscript

Sign me up!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi All!

CharlesOnMission got me into the game a few months ago. I've not gotten into too much, but I would love to be a part of your tournament. If you are accepting beginners, then sign me up. I'll stick through it. I think it will be a great way to learn the game!

Thanks and just let me know how to start.

Newman

Altaris

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Newman5 sounds like he's probably roughly the same timeframe of experience as me, maybe we could match up?

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:29 pm

gchristie wrote:[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"]We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
That fought with us upon Saint Longshank’s Tourney[/size].[/font]

Very nice.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Altaris wrote:Oh well, probably better if I get just a bit more experience before my first game anyway.

Longshanks, I can still process turns if you need someone. Just let me know, I don't mind doing several (doesn't really take any extra time to process 3-4 than it does 1 if I can do them at the same time of day).

you'll get some info today or tomorrow!

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:33 pm

To all those in a match:

I need to know your preference for which side you want to play. Please send me an email or post here. You'll get your pick if your opponent picks the opposite, otherwise I'll flip a coin.

Please get this in on Saturday so we can start the games.

THANKS!

Altaris

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:57 pm

What about Newman5, is he in the tournament, and if so, can I match up against him? I'd prefer to play Union, but not a biggie either way.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

10th player!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Altaris wrote:What about Newman5, is he in the tournament, and if so, can I match up against him? I'd prefer to play Union, but not a biggie either way.

Oops! I missed that post somehow, so YES! both of you are in a game, so I'll revise and post today or tomorrow. :mdr:

Each of you should let me know if you have a preference on which side to play in round one.

Dixicrat
General

Just like the old days!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:23 pm

It's threads like this that make this place what it is. Culture, humor, competition, and convivial companionship. Men, it just doesn't get any better! :)

Rock on, Longshanks & Company of Merry Men!
May the most (virtually) ruthless s.o.b.* win! :turc:

...In a gentlemanly fashion, of course.

:thumbsup: ,
Dixic'at

[size=84]*
To Our Gracious Queen:
The word "ruthless" as I use it here is not the English word "ruthless", but rather, a transliteration of the Sanskrit word which means "Merciful and Kind". It is simply an astonishing coincidence that it appears to be an English word that ironically means exactly the opposite, no?

As for "s.o.b.", your Majesty, I have no idea what this means... but having seen you use this acronym to describe me in battle in one of your posts, I am confident by its context that it can be nothing but admirable, noble, and good.

I remain your humble servant, my Queen.

[/size]

Altaris

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Longshanks wrote:Oops! I missed that post somehow, so YES! both of you are in a game, so I'll revise and post today or tomorrow. :mdr:

Each of you should let me know if you have a preference on which side to play in round one.

I'd prefer the Union, mainly because I'm playing the South in another game right now. But it's no biggie to me, I'll go with whatever Newman wants.

GabrielK
Conscript

If possible...

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:22 pm

If possible, I would like to join.

I am experienced with wargames, but a total beginner in ACW.

To be precise, I've played one game against Athena about a year ago (patch 1.15) and it was too easy. I think pbem is the way to go...

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31 pm

GabrielK wrote:If possible, I would like to join.

I am experienced with wargames, but a total beginner in ACW.

You're #11. If we get a #12 within the next few days, then yes. Otherwise, I'll keep you on the list in case someone has to drop out. I'll send you an in-forum private message with details.

I hope that works ok!

Jim-NC

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:21 am

Dixicrat wrote:It's threads like this that make this place what it is. Culture, humor, competition, and convivial companionship. Men, it just doesn't get any better! :)

Rock on, Longshanks & Company of Merry Men!
May the most (virtually) ruthless s.o.b.* win! :turc:

...In a gentlemanly fashion, of course.

:thumbsup: ,
Dixic'at

[size=84]*
To Our Gracious Queen:
The word "ruthless" as I use it here is not the English word "ruthless", but rather, a transliteration of the Sanskrit word which means "Merciful and Kind". It is simply an astonishing coincidence that it appears to be an English word that ironically means exactly the opposite, no?

As for "s.o.b.", your Majesty, I have no idea what this means... but having seen you use this acronym to describe me in battle in one of your posts, I am confident by its context that it can be nothing but admirable, noble, and good.

I remain your humble servant, my Queen.

[/size]

I am glad you explained that to us. :D
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Caffran
Conscript

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:49 am

That fought with us in Saint Longshank’s Tourney[/size].[/font]

Not bad, but i preffer Blackadder's version

[SIZE="4"]WE FEW, WE HAPPY FEW, WE BAND OF RUTHLESS BASTARDS![/size]

;)

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Caffran wrote:Not bad, but i preffer Blackadder's version

[SIZE="4"]WE FEW, WE HAPPY FEW, WE BAND OF RUTHLESS BASTARDS![/size]

;)

It's a shame that Ruth is no longer with us. We all miss her.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Tourney began for me. All works fine so far.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Most games are underway. One or two are still in the process of seeing who's on what side, or waiting for replies, etc.

If you haven't noticed, I've been updating the Bracket in the very first post. Always a good place to check first, especially once games start ending a few weeks from now.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

The U.N. of Games

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Thought you all might like to know: we have folks participating from 7 nations, all around the world, 5 continents even!

Kentucky (ahem!) is the best represented state, probably because we could never figure out which side we were on!

Still have slot #12 (the LAST slot) open, so let me know if you'd like in. I'll keep it open for a week, or until the first game finishes, whichever comes first.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

All Full on the Tourney Holiday Express!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:46 pm

Position #12 is filled with ... GraniteStater!

This now means our tourney is completely filled ... and I'll have to re-do the brackets. No changes in the games of course, just their arrangement on the chart.

So thanks to my ol' buddy, and I didn't even have to twist his arm!

If you've read this far and were hoping to sign up, don't despair ... you can still let me know you'd like an "alternate" position in case someone has to drop out.

Newman5
Conscript

True to my name - Newman seeks help

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:15 am

Hey Gang!

First off, thanks so much for the invite to play and setting this all up.

Is this the place / thread to ask questions?

First off, the link to the latest patch is broken for me - http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/tem..._v1.16_rc7.zip. I suspect this is a shortened URL.

Anyway, If any one is willing to set up a collab space on Skype or Ventrillo or Google Hangout ... I would really love the guidance in game setup and play. I mean, I could bang my head - grok style, but I would rather a mentor in the game, live via voice / screenshare.

Anyone interested in such a meetup on Skype?

Cheers,
newman

[edit] Found the patch link here - http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=23543 (Thanks Altaris)

Altaris

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:56 am

I think there's confusion on who's hosting my game vs Newman. I first got messages from DeGuerra, got a Dropbox set up and everything, then Durk started sending turn files out.

Can we get this sorted out over here? A little easier than trying to piece together different emails from different sources.

I'd personally rather go with DeGuerra, as Durk has indicated he'd rather not do Dropbox, which is how I handle all my other ACW turns. DeGuerra already has a Dropbox account set up with me, so he's my preference at this point.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:10 am

Altaris wrote:I think there's confusion on who's hosting my game vs Newman. I first got messages from DeGuerra, got a Dropbox set up and everything, then Durk started sending turn files out.

Can we get this sorted out over here? A little easier than trying to piece together different emails from different sources.

I'd personally rather go with DeGuerra, as Durk has indicated he'd rather not do Dropbox, which is how I handle all my other ACW turns. DeGuerra already has a Dropbox account set up with me, so he's my preference at this point.

Durk's going to run this one for us after all. Everyone is in the US which should help speed it along a bit more. Thanks!

charlesonmission

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:08 am

Hi Newman, I just went to the link at

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=23543

The download was working fine when I tested it (from post 1) Also look at post 14 and download and follow the instructions there. You need to do a clean install, the the big patch from post 1, then the file and instrucitons form post 14. For other questions, you should post in the general thread. Although, take a read through the manual and my AAR if you haven't done so already. Don't be afraid to lose! OneArmedMexican ran circles around me in my first PBEM, but it was still great fun. Good luck.

Charles

Newman5 wrote:Hey Gang!

First off, thanks so much for the invite to play and setting this all up.

Is this the place / thread to ask questions?

First off, the link to the latest patch is broken for me - http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/tem..._v1.16_rc7.zip. I suspect this is a shortened URL.

Anyway, If any one is willing to set up a collab space on Skype or Ventrillo or Google Hangout ... I would really love the guidance in game setup and play. I mean, I could bang my head - grok style, but I would rather a mentor in the game, live via voice / screenshare.

Anyone interested in such a meetup on Skype?

Cheers,
newman

[edit] Found the patch link here - http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=23543 (Thanks Altaris)

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”