06 Maestro
General

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:44 am

cleveland wrote:This is my impression as well, which as a long time wargamer causes me confusion :blink:

I think the confusion lies in what the effects are turn to turn and what the effects are at the end of the interphase.

So- if I research tech on a normal turn does the effect take place the next turn or the next interphase turn (as an example).

No doubt that is one part of this games that tripped up most everyone-just when should you make various decisions-and when would those work. Any political actions that impact NW would be in the interphase. Free repair of naval units and/or air units occurs during the interphase.

Research projects can be started or completed any turn.

I plan on testing this approach in a 4 player game. I think that everyone can do all the little things-and more, while other players are doing their military phase.

06 Maestro
General

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:57 am

cleveland wrote:And my post isn't necessarily a criticism, it could be me not familiar enough with the rules.

This is a very boardgame type computer game (for obvious reasons), which is definitely not a criticism. It reminds my of my misspent youth :neener:

LOL-I know what you mean. Playing this in army by army mode is very much like a board game. The more I play it in this mode, the more apparent that becomes. Its not just the player actions, but the way the game updates all actions at certain points-I like it.

FLS

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Sorry if this question has been asked before:

is it possible to skip combat animation for allied countries. As German, I just seat for hours watching boring combat animation of austro-hungarian armies in balkan..... and it's really boring :(

calvinus

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:23 pm

FLS wrote:Sorry if this question has been asked before:

is it possible to skip combat animation for allied countries. As German, I just seat for hours watching boring combat animation of austro-hungarian armies in balkan..... and it's really boring :(

Sorry not possible, WW1 has no automatic/hidden battle resolution procedure.

Tamas

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:38 am

FLS wrote:Sorry if this question has been asked before:

I have been a constant enemy of the "single country" campaign ever since release. :D

Even the boardgame design had in mind a one player per side or front setup, so the whole thing just feels more natural when commanding a side. :)

Athens
Brigadier General

Tue May 24, 2011 5:15 pm

deleted
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

calvinus

Tue May 24, 2011 8:12 pm

:dada: Great!

06 Maestro
General

Wed May 25, 2011 4:45 am

Excellent! :thumbsup:

Athens
Brigadier General

Wed May 25, 2011 5:47 pm

deleted
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”