Seb

Beta-Patch 1.02b

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:55 am

April 30th, 2011 – Beta-Patch 1.02b

"Mieux vaut tard que jamais"

The new patch is out, but it still needs some testing

Thanks a lot to Jack, Krot and Andatiep for their precious help :)

You can download the setup here : http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/Patch_RUS102b.zip

The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version. But you cannot use it with former saved games.

Please report here any problem or bugs you could find, we will correct it as soon as possible.

Many changes :

Bugs :

- Area-bound abilities should now work properly
- Some terrains mistakes corrected
- Armored trains do not have the ability "armored support" anymore (it did not work as they cannot be merge into divisions)

Scenario corrections :

- Yudenich army OOB is now correct and appears only once.
- Kolchak is now a fixed leader.
- Red cossacks are now recruited in Tzarytsin... as long as the Reds hold the town.
- Persia is now a "Siberian Whites subfaction" territory for supply purposes.
- Red officer Iona Yakir is now in the game.
- Some officer changes : for exemple, less training officers. Gaida is weakened.
- Faction lose NM if Wrangel, Lenin, Trotsky or Kolchalk are captured or killed.

Game Balance :

- Red troops cohesion reduced by -5
- Sib. Whites and Red desertion rates are higher.
- More communists depots in Central Russia.
- More Red loyalty around Moscow and Petrograd.
- Player can now recruit officiers each turn, paying 4 EP.
- French and Greek exped. corps now directly land in Odessa and Sevastopol. They have no transport ships anymore. They have a heavy penalty if they leave Ukraine.

Economy :

- Less WSU production in Moscow, Petrograd and Kiev.
- Allied aid events now bring less ressources to the Whites.
- "Special operations" (regional policies) now brings twice more ressources and conscripts.
- The Mobilization option is cheaper and brings much more recruits, especially for the Reds (see the game for details)

Ukrainian anarchists :

- The Reds can now directly control Makhno and Grigoriev anarchists, paying some NM. They can also "eliminate" them when they do not need them anymore. In fact, they a Red subfaction from the beginning, but the Red player have to pay a diplomatic option to get them unblocked. They are also automatically unblocked if the Whites attack them.
- Ukrainian anarchists armies are strongest but they have a heavy penalty if they move outside ukraine.
- Makhno is now 2-star general.

Polish Intervention :

- In the Grand Campaign (NOT in the Soviet-Polish war), The Polish army is now controlled by the Siberian White player. The Poles get into the game if the Southern White player NM gets to low.
- The Poles have a heavy cohesion penalty if the move outside of Poland/Belarus/Ukraine.
- The Reds lose 1 NM each turn the Poles control Minsk, Kiev, Kharkov and Ekaterinoslav (-1NM for EACH town).
- The Reds get important bonus if they succeed in taking Warsaw (and so Polish capitulation).
- Some corrections in Polish OOB, officers dans deployments.

Graphics

Jack's nice portraits are in :cool:
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

picaron

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:10 pm

It has the translation to the Spanish?
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Anazagar
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:08 pm

and how does the new patch work with games in progress??

Lusatian
Private

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Thanks. Installing the Patch now and giving it a go.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:05 pm

picaron wrote:It has the translation to the Spanish?

Me parece si. Pero frences es mi fr12 como RUS 1.01b(?) (trabajo fr14.6), y tanbien no son los _AGE overrides..

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Seb wrote:April 30th, 2011 – Beta-Patch 1.02b
Bugs :
- Area-bound abilities should now work properly

A Neman is Sesupe river (and not Czarna Hancza as I said before). Maybe you'l correct it for 2012, when you'll increase the year for the copyright on the map, or for the russian release?
[color="Red"]EDIT: I made a patch: See post #29.[/color]

There is a message error, but the game seems ok therafter.
Attachments
BugAbilities.JPG
BugLedgerRegion.JPG
BugSesupeNeman.jpg

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:05 pm

You can include 144DPI fonts too (I use them), as you already did with my 120 ones in 1.02a.
144 are here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=202297&postcount=9

picaron

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:29 pm

ERISS wrote:Me parece si. Pero frences es mi fr12 como RUS 1.01b(?) (trabajo fr14.6), y tanbien no son los _AGE overrides..

Merci

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

OneArmedMexican
General

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Nice work! :thumbsup:

Seb wrote:- In the Grand Campaign (NOT in the Soviet-Polish war), The Polish army is now controlled by the Siberian White player. The Poles get into the game if the Southern White player NM gets to low.

This rule seems a bit strange, though.

1) While I understand the rule about low Southern White NM as trigger for a Polish entry into the war from a historical point of view, it feels somewhat strange in gameplay terms: I have to hope my ally fares badly in order to get a new ally?

2) More importantly: why is control over the Polish granted to the Siberian White player? This feels really unrealistic from a historic point of view. Shouldn't the Southern White player control them?

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks for the patch.
About supply map there seems to be green colors but not showing correct regions I think. Maybe because of the resolution 1920*1080.

[ATTACH]14950[/ATTACH]

Also about supply: In the screenshot Rostov is a level 4 city with a depot. Below there is Azov and Tikhoretsk(each have level 4 depot,level 1 city). But supply is not flowing through Tikhoretsk (3 regions away) and Ekaterinodar(level 2 depot).

Seb

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:31 pm

OneArmedMexican wrote:
This rule seems a bit strange, though.

1) While I understand the rule about low Southern White NM as trigger for a Polish entry into the war from a historical point of view, it feels somewhat strange in gameplay terms: I have to hope my ally fares badly in order to get a new ally?

2) More importantly: why is control over the Polish granted to the Siberian White player? This feels really unrealistic from a historic point of view. Shouldn't the Southern White player control them?

Yep I understand that it might sound strange. We wanted to avoid the Poles being played by the Southern Whites. A close cooperation and mixed armies would have been unrealistic. Played by the Siberian White would give more a feeling of an "independent army" in Ukraine, while allowing a human player to enjoy the Polish Army in the Grand Campaign. Also, the Polish Army would give more interest to the Siberian White player endgame.

In the end, we want to try if this system works well enough... that's why it is still "beta-patch" ;)

ERISS : thanks for the notes, I keep it for the next corrections.
ANAZAGAR : nope, there are too many changes to work with the old saved games

Seb

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:48 pm

How low does the Sou W morale have to go before Polish intervention?

I can see why you'd give them to the Sib W's ... not only for the reason you mention, but it perhaps lessens the gamey tactic of the Sou W's lowering their own morale to gain a huge ally?
[CENTER][SIZE="1"](Click HERE for AAR)[/size][/CENTER]

Seb

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:45 pm

jimwinsor wrote:How low does the Sou W morale have to go before Polish intervention?

I can see why you'd give them to the Sib W's ... not only for the reason you mention, but it perhaps lessens the gamey tactic of the Sou W's lowering their own morale to gain a huge ally?

Yes that's another reason.

The probability of the Polish Intervention evolves with the White NM. It has different degrees. We did not put a single NM valor to avoid exploits.

picaron

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:23 pm

ERISS wrote:Me parece si. Pero frences es mi fr12 como RUS 1.01b(?) (trabajo fr14.6), y tanbien no son los _AGE overrides..

So not. :confused: :(

Dulce bellum inexpertis

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 01, 2011 2:16 am

Ukrainian anarchists :
- The Reds can now directly control Makhno and Grigoriev anarchists, paying some NM. They can also "eliminate" them when they do not need them anymore. In fact, they are a Red subfaction from the beginning, but the Red player have to pay a diplomatic option to get them unblocked. They are also automatically unblocked if the Whites attack them.

Allying with anarchists should cost VP, EP and few WSU. And eliminate them should cost NM.
Red army lost morale, becoming idle (far more than usually..), when they had to fight anarchists.
Even Tcheka had to launch massive propaganda in the Army to decide the soldiers, to legitimate the red treachery. In this, red propaganda often removed the surprise and anarchists could know they would become eliminated...
That's why many* anarchists could survive so long and escape total massive encirclement (sometimes red regiments moved, letting a hole, for no reason...).
Makhno would have died many times if red soldiers had really wanted to kill him, he was not only lucky (and small target:neener :) .

Anarchists should unlock too when Whites reach Orel, as makhnovists 'prefered' the Reds than the Whites being in Moscow.

* But, responsible leaders of units, loyal elected 'naïve', when in Red army often meeting soviet hierarchy, are easy targets for Cheka. So, few makhnovist sub-commandants could live long to be remembered (and History was not craft by makhnovists loosers..).

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 01, 2011 2:33 am

picaron wrote:So not. :confused: :(

Your translation seems actually being in the _RED file (didn't see _AGE one), but the Main Menu pictures you made seem missing (maybe this is what prevent the game from working). Maybe just add them back in \Graphics\FrontEnd\Main Menu folder.

picaron

Sun May 01, 2011 10:39 am

ERISS wrote:Your translation seems actually being in the _RUS file (didn't see _AGE one), but the Main Menu pictures you made seem missing (maybe this is what prevent the game from working). Maybe just add them back in \Graphics\FrontEnd\Main Menu folder.

The file LocalStrigs-Red.csv does not have the column 3 in Spanish, the rest yes (menus and LocalStrig-AGE)

Dulce bellum inexpertis

andatiep

Sun May 01, 2011 12:06 pm

ERISS wrote:Allying with anarchists should cost VP, EP and few WSU. And eliminate them should cost NM.

I agree. But it then need to re-balance the whole concept of EP & NM in the game. For now, if you want it like this, you need to MOD it. I will do it in the mini-MOD list later for those who want it (and for me too :D ).

ERISS wrote:Anarchists should unlock too when Whites reach Orel, as makhnovists 'prefered' the Reds than the Whites being in Moscow.

We supposed that Makhno would not leave Ukraine area without having many moral, desertions & cohesion penalties. So if the Whites are in Orel and if the Reds didn't allied with the anarchist ukrainians, there is still no reasons to unlock them for free so that they would be able to attack the Whites outside Ukraine.
And remember : if the Reds want Makhno when the Whites are in Orel or in front of Moscow, they anyway can "buy" the alliance with the Blacks at anytime. And at this stage, they should... :neener:

By the way, i saw on your screenshots that you set big letters for the game interface. It's more confortable for my eyes, how do you did it ?
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Playing as Southern whites there were messages about French and Greek regiments destroyed by the lack of transport in Odessa. In the advancing turns main French,Greek party didnt show up. Support Greek line regiments deployed though. Can post save game.

[ATTACH]14955[/ATTACH]
Attachments
odesa.jpg

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 01, 2011 1:33 pm

andatiep wrote: on your screenshots that you set big letters for the game interface. It's more confortable for my eyes, how do you did it ?

144 dpi fonts: See post #7 here.

BUT, these fonts are smaller than official ones, and then will be small ingame if you don't have the good DPI display with. I think you are deceived by your screen, which should have a greater pitch than mine (my is 1920x1080 in 21.5" only), so you see my screenshots actually bigger than I see them on my monitor.

HOWEVER, see where I put some bold*, and put some in your official Fonts.ini file in \RUS\GameData. Maybe you'll have what you want without having to use my fonts.
Or maybe decrease by ONE the font, and bold it.
* In the file: Fonts number #0, 1, 6, and maybe 5 (test it) (8 is already bolded).
The tests are very long...

If really you want to use my great dpi fonts for you have a small pitch monitor (I don't think so) as me, beware, as texts can still escape from game windows even fonts are decreased.
If you prefer, use my 120dpi fonts ("Fonts120DPI" which must be in the game folder since another patch).

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 01, 2011 2:19 pm

Bugs :

As I already said here (http://tof.canardpc.com/view/1aed50c3-0a80-4a30-9b24-97bd19c9e46e.jpg), Stockholm miss Military Control name, and Burgas Shore should be renamed Catalca (çatalca) Coast, as Burgas is not Constantinople (http://tof.canardpc.com/view/4d35490b-34b3-4580-b98f-5e18a20b27c4.jpg).

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 01, 2011 3:16 pm

ERISS wrote:and Burgas Shore should be renamed Catalca (çatalca) Coast, as Burgas is not Constantinople.

Good catch :)
Burgaz is in north indeed(Bulgaria). it is the shore of çatalca.
About Turkish straits: It is hardly called "Turkish Straits" as any ship can pass through freely(still in 2011) without paying money with the "Montreux Meetings" in 1923 :D
"Bosphorus" should be more appropiate.

Lusatian
Private

?

Sun May 01, 2011 3:36 pm

All my French units in Ukraine have question marks as an ability (see attachment for screenshot) What is this all about?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 01, 2011 4:57 pm

Playing as Southern whites when I press "ctrl" to see the command radius of Denikin(located in Salsk) that corps can be attached; It can go all the way to Kursk.
Cossack leader Krasnov have command radius up to Petrograd(located in Azov) .

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 02, 2011 3:07 am

Still, all squadron Reco have the Fighter name (my screen), and also the reverse (Fighters are named Reco).
Attachments
RecoFight.JPG

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 02, 2011 4:12 am

Scenario corrections :
- In the Soviet-Polish war

Historical errors?:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=205149&postcount=18
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=205159&postcount=19

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 02, 2011 10:45 am

Error message when generate another turn after end of Tutorial 3.
I wanted to see the End of game Window.

OrkPaladin
Civilian

Mon May 02, 2011 11:46 am

Почему так сильно деформировался "Attachment Radius"?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Why are so strongly deformed "Attachment Radius"?

[ATTACH]14964[/ATTACH]
Attachments
attache2.jpg

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Mon May 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Recruit Prisoners does not seem to be working for me (as Southern Whites). I have all the needed resources and prisoners in stock, but nothing happens after I select it.

[CENTER][SIZE="1"](Click HERE for AAR)[/size][/CENTER]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 02, 2011 10:00 pm

ERISS wrote:A Neman is Sesupe river.

I corrected it! My picture and its winter version are not very good, but as the game does not fully zoom on the map, we don't behold the flaws I made.
In \Graphics\Regions folder, make a backup of [color="#FF8C00"]92Kapsukas[/color] and [color="#40E0D0"]Winter_92Kapsukas[/color] files then unzip mines in the folder.
Attachments
Graphics_Regions.zip
(132.38 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”