OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:36 am

ERISS wrote:I didn't succeded in doing pictures, even with #34 advices. I'm a very newb with Gimp or other drawing software.

If you tell me where you hit a wall, I am happy to post more specific advice. Trust me, making leader graphics for RUS is really not that hard.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 am

OneArmedMexican wrote:4) Create a Unit.png file:
a) Create an empty Unit.png or use mine. Its not perfect, but it serves its purpose.
[ATTACH]13701[/ATTACH]
b) Scale your picture to the right size.
c) Insert it.
d) Copy the frame above it.

c) and d) I don't know how to do.

OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:38 am

ERISS wrote:c) and d) I don't know how to do.

As concerns c): once you have scaled a historical picture down to the right size you copy it with ctrl + c onto the unit.png. After that your unit.png has two layers one above the other. In Gimp (I take it from your post that is the software you are using) ctrl + h merges these layers into one.

As concerns d): After you have unified the layers the general will probably cover the silvery frame. In order to change that select the frame (and only the frame) and copy it above the rest of the picture. Ctrl + h again and you are done.

There is a much more elegant way using a blending technique with different layers. It saves the trouble of step d) entirely. But it is also more complicated to explain.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:05 am

1354WH3Oraz Sirdar.mdl

Name should be "Oraz serdar" and faction is not cossack,He is Turkoman.
http://turkmeniowrenis.blogspot.com/2010/12/milli-taryhymyz.html

[ATTACH]14372[/ATTACH]
Attachments
pic1.jpg

jack54
Brigadier General

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:37 am

We need to make a decision on F.F. Abramov.

I placed this image in the mod as 1200 WHI when it may be 1241DON and
1242 DON

[ATTACH]14381[/ATTACH]

Both are F.F. Abramov

here's the link

http://www.grwar.ru/persons/persons.html?id=351
Attachments
Unit_WHI_Abramov.png
Unit_WHI_Abramov.png (12.46 KiB) Viewed 8058 times

OneArmedMexican
General

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:09 am

Go with 1241 and 1242 DON!

Here is my reasoning:

1) practical: the WHI version of F.F. Abramov is (unless I have overlooked something) unused. Abramov (DON) appears in the GC via option and in the later scenarios commands the 1st DON Cavalry Division from the start.

2) historical: I don't understand Russian, but I run some searches - finally I got lucky in the French part of the www:

http://fr.metapedia.org/wiki/Arm%C3%A9es_blanches

An F.F. Abramov is mentioned as commanding a "Corps du Don" in 1920 which contained a guard brigade, so does his cavalry division in the game.

My guess: the F.F. Abramov as WHI general might have slipped into the database by mistake.

Aeontal, please feel free to correct me. You know more about this time and you have access to the better sources.

AeonTal
Private

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:44 am

I agreed with OneArmedMexican because Abramov despite his participation in Ice March with Volunteer Army was in Don Army since March 1918 till end of fighting(except for month in 1920) .He even helped Krasnov and Vlasov in organizing Cossac's units for Germany in WW2.

Another question.I was lucky to find Civil War's era fotos of Kork and Kazansky.Now we have later fotos where our heroes in Red Army's uniform of 1930.Is it possible to replace them?

[ATTACH]14382[/ATTACH]
In front Bredov
Attachments
Bredov.JPG

jack54
Brigadier General

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:50 pm

thank you guys!

So 1200WHI 1241DON 1242DON are the same guy; that makes it easy... we can leave 1200WHI alone and add the same image renamed to match DON mdls...excellent. (I'll take care of that for next update).

We can change Kork and Kazansky if you like... :) we can also post it as an optional update.

OneArmedMexican
General

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:00 pm

I uploaded version 1.7. of this mod. It contains 24 new graphic sets getting us up to a total of 93 graphic sets.

Jack54 has done some amazing work: You will see the difference once you play as RED or Southern White!

[ATTACH]14388[/ATTACH]

Meanwhile I have been focusing on the Siberians:

[ATTACH]14389[/ATTACH]

I hope you enjoy our work!
Attachments
leader graphics10.jpg
pack4faces2.jpg

jack54
Brigadier General

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:27 pm

OneArmedMexican as we approach 100 new general sets I hope you take a moment and realize--- It would not have happened without you starting this thread!

Thanks!

AeonTal
Private

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:20 am

[ATTACH]14395[/ATTACH]
987REDP. Kniaginsky.mdl and 1083REDP. Kniaginsky.mdl

1114REDY. Berins.mdl-I ám not sure in this man
May be in Russian his name is Yan Berzin(Bersinsh) Jānis Bērziņš in Latvian
He was a commander of Lenin's personal guard and one of the creators of Soviet intelligence.Thats why some comments from developers needed.
[url]http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Файл:Yan_karlovich_berzin.jpg[/url]
Attachments
knyaginsky.JPG

OneArmedMexican
General

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:40 am

AeonTal wrote:1114REDY. Berins.mdl-I ám not sure in this man
May be in Russian his name is Yan Berzin(Bersinsh) Jānis Bērziņš in Latvian
He was a commander of Lenin's personal guard and one of the creators of Soviet intelligence.Thats why some comments from developers needed.
[url]http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Файл:Yan_karlovich_berzin.jpg[/url]

I have my doubts: there is already a R. Berzin in the game (972 RED). Why would one Bersinsh become Berzin the other one Berins in translation?
If Jānis Bērziņš was Latvian that could however explain the different translation.

I searched the scenarios and the most pertinent event files for Berins - didn't find him anywhere. It seems the leader is not even used.
This is really strange. RUS is the first AGE game that has a fair amount of unused generals in the database. :confused:

AeonTal
Private

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:22 pm

I found another famous Russian general which role in Civil War for both sides was vey important.RUS developers must include him in game.His name is General Moroz,(General Frost,Generaloberst Frost,Général Hiver)
Here his foto.
[ATTACH]14396[/ATTACH] -probably for Cossacks
[ATTACH]14397[/ATTACH] -as red partisan
[ATTACH]14398[/ATTACH] -as Red commander

Without him game will be not very authentic)))))) :thumbsup:
Attachments
423px-General_Moroz_on_the_tank.jpg
BEAR-cavalry_fin_small.jpg
406px-General_moroz.jpg

AeonTal
Private

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:09 am

946REDD.N. Nadiozhny.mdl and 1015REDD.N. Nadiozhny.mdl and 1092REDD.N. Nadiozhny.mdl
[ATTACH]14400[/ATTACH]

953REDV. Grittis.mdl and 1102REDV. Grittis.mdl and 985REDV. Grittis.mdl
Another typo or lost in translation.He is Gittis.Why I am so sure in him? Because he was commander of 6th and lately 8th Red Army in 1918,lately commander of South,then of West,then of Caucausian Front in 1919-1921

http://www.grwar.ru/persons/persons.html?id=1746

Also not Kniaginsky but Kniagnitsky
Now it is not a archive finding but a puzzle linguistic game :)

1254DONK.V. Ermakov.mdl
It might be him.Thiis man was a commander of first rebels division of Don's Cossacs Vishnevsk uprising in 1918
[url]http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ермаков,_Харлампий_Васильевич[/url]

1095REDF. Makhin.mdl and 970REDF. Makhin.mdl -sorry guys only pencil picture
http://pics.livejournal.com/ganfayter/pic/00085z58

1054REDN.N. Stogov.mdl -looks like him because N.N. Stogov,General,on Red's service in 1918
http://www.grwar.ru/persons/persons.html?id=334
1116REDG.I. Lechenko.mdl -may be needed man -he subdue uprising in Krondshtad and Krasnaya Gorka.Fight against Yudenich but his rank not very high at that days. His name G.I.Levchenko
http://www.warfleet.ru/levchenko.html
Attachments
Nadiozhny.JPG

Alikchi
Corporal

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:53 pm

You guys are doing fantastic work! Keep it up!

jack54
Brigadier General

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi again,

I just posted some leader sets here until they can be incorporated into the full mod by OneArmedMexican.

Post #9
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=198925#post198925

Thanks,
Jack

OneArmedMexican
General

Version 1.8. is done!

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:22 pm

I just uploaded version 1.8 of this mod. As usual the file can be found in the first post of this thread.

In three months of work Jack and I have created 113 new graphic sets. I believe there won't be that many more updates (my guess is perhaps two more). We are simply running out of even half way decent photograhies or drawings.

Here are two of the tougher pictures we used in this update:

The red Finish commander Hasu:

[ATTACH]14477[/ATTACH]

And the Siberian White commander Tolstov:

[ATTACH]14478[/ATTACH]

You can see below what Jack and I managed to make of them:

[ATTACH]14479[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14480[/ATTACH]

More than ever, I understand that Gilles Pfeifer, the original RUS artist, made an incredibly smart choice when he developped the particular artstyle for RUS for it allows to deal with low quality originals.
Attachments
leader graphics11.jpg
leaderpack 5a.jpg
1294 General_Tolstov_V.S.jpg
1029 Vihtori_Hasu (RED FIN).jpg

OneArmedMexican
General

Version 1.9. is uploaded

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:51 pm

I just uploaded version 1.9 of this mod.

Jack54 has been very busy creating more Southern White, Red and Don-Cossack graphic sets. I think the results speak for themselves! I really have to start a new Southern White campaign soon, by now there aren't many leaders left who lack an individual face. :)

[ATTACH]14575[/ATTACH]

I have been concentraing on Polish and Caucasian generals this time around.

[ATTACH]14574[/ATTACH]

Enjoy!

As usual, the file is attached to the first post of this thread.
Attachments
leaderpack 6a.jpg
leader graphics12.jpg

Alexor
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:36 am

Awesome mod, thx !

El Nino

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:06 am

EXCELLENT ! :thumbsup:

Now, have you a list with the missing leaders faces ?

Perhaps can I find some others...

OneArmedMexican
General

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:32 pm

El Nino wrote:EXCELLENT ! :thumbsup:

Now, have you a list with the missing leaders faces ?

Perhaps can I find some others...

Thanks for the compliment. This mod really started to grow fast when Jack54 came on board. :)

There is a list with all the missing leaders in post # 83 of this thread.

jack54
Brigadier General

Semiletov correction...

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:12 am

my appologies but in my last upload I labeled Don General Semiletov as a WHI general :bonk:

[ATTACH]14653[/ATTACH]

the correction is attached as a zip; unzip and drop Graphics in their corresponding folder..

Graphics/Units/LeaderUnits and

Graphics/Armies andFleets/Leader Armies

If left 'as is' you will see a blank general graphic once again I am sorry! :(
Attachments
DON Semiletov.png
DON Semiletov.png (12.19 KiB) Viewed 7648 times
Semiletov correction.zip
(25.95 KiB) Downloaded 230 times

OneArmedMexican
General

Version 1.9a

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:41 am

jack54 wrote:my appologies but in my last upload I labeled Don General Semiletov as a WHI general :bonk:

[ATTACH]14653[/ATTACH]

the correction is attached as a zip; unzip and drop Graphics in their corresponding folder..

Graphics/Units/LeaderUnits and

Graphics/Armies andFleets/Leader Armies

If left 'as is' you will see a blank general graphic once again I am sorry! :(

Alternatively, I have uploaded an updated version of the mod (version 1.9a) which contains Jack's bugfix as well as one new graphic set (FRA Nerel).

Also, there will be a version 2.0 in the near future. My guess is it will become the final version of this mod since we are running out of historical portraits.

Krot
Sergeant

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Greetings to all contributors to this thread.

Here are my two pence.

Red leader G. Zinoviev who appears near Tashkent in command of Turkestan army (apparently Georgy Vasilievich Zinoviev[url=http://slovari.yandex.ru/~книги/БСЭ/Зиновьев %20Георгий%20Васильевич/]http://slovari.yandex.ru/~книги/БСЭ/Зиновьев%20Георгий%20Васильевич/[/url]) uses the portrait of his famous namesake "Red dictator of Petrograd" and head of Comintern Grigory Evseevich Zinoviev (aka Gersh Aronovich Apfelbaum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirsch_Apfelbaum).

Regretfully I could not find any portrait of G.V. Zinoviev (the only one I found in Internet is erroneously attributed and belongs to G.E. Zinoviev). I'd suggest to change the incorrect portrait to generic.

Current portrait of Red leader O.I. Gorodovikov is based on his pre-WWII photo. Here you can see him in 1920. http://images.yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%B0%20%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2

See attached leader graphic pictures I mentioned above. Sorry, I could not understand how to post them in the text. :bonk:
Attachments
Unit_RED_Gorodovikov.png
Unit_RED_Gorodovikov.png (12.48 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
Unit_RED_Zinoviev.png
Unit_RED_Zinoviev.png (12.47 KiB) Viewed 7161 times

OneArmedMexican
General

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:07 am

Thank you Krot! :thumbsup: Excellent find!

I will change Zinoviev to the generic portrait in the next update. The SEPRUS team did a very good job researching the Russian Civil War, but they are not above making mistakes. It is not the only instance where leaders have been mixed up (see e.g. Stefanik and Syrovy).

Gorodovikov might get an alternative portrait in the future. Since Jack and I are almost finished creating new graphic sets, it might be worthwhile thinking about redoing portraits that are not from the Civil War era.

OneArmedMexican
General

Version 2.0

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:41 am

Hi guys,

I just uploaded version 2.0.

It adds another 12 new graphic sets, bringing us to a total of 146. The focus is on Green and Japanese leaders. I never thought we would get to these more exotic factions. But here we are. :)

Once again, Jack54 did some beautiful work. If you play the Finland scenario you will see a new graphic set for Karjalainen. It may not be the prettiest one in the game. But believe me, the original was atrocious. Jack outdid himself here. :winner:

As always, the zip file can be found at the end of the first post in this thread.

Enjoy!

Krot
Sergeant

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Thank you for your titanic job guys.

To give you a little feedback for a new update I have found that leader 1114REDY. Berins.mdl should be Evgeny Andreevich Berens, commander of Soviet Navy in 1919-1920 http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C1%E5%F0%E5%ED%F1_%C5.(his brother rear-admiral Mikhail Andreevich Berens fought for Whites and in 1921-1924 commanded Russian Navy squadron, which ended up in Bizerta, Tunisia).

The only portrait of E.A. Berens I found is made during Russo-Japanese war when he served as lieutenant on board of legendary Varyag cruiser.

Update. Oops. Much later portrait of E.A Berens found, I hope it suits better.

OneArmedMexican
General

Uploaded version 2.1

Fri May 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi RUS fans out there (not that there are that many of us) :) ,

the SEPRUS team has contacted Jack. They were willing to incorporate his work into the official patch which is great for us, the players (since we get more leader graphics) and for them (they get Jack's great work for free).

While I am very happy about this, it has also left me a bit puzzled. Half a year ago when I started this thread, PhilThib contacted me stating that while they loved what I was doing, they wouldn't incorporate my graphic sets into the official patches since it looked too much like the art for the upcoming PoN. Apperently that has changed. Probably because Jack got closer to the RUS artstyle?

Be that as it may, I have updated this mod and removed all leader graphics which are now part of the official patch line.

Since we have run out of historical photographs, this will also be the last version of this mod.

Enjoy!

yoperesete
Private

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:52 am

Hi guys! Excuse me for my English.
Maybe I speak off topic please forgive. I want to add to the game Ukrainian generals. I have a list of generals that I would like to addI can make portraits (I experience reworked portrait of Konovalets).
Can you help me with this? Tell me step by step how to add new generals in the game.

Return to “Help to improve RUS”