lodilefty

WIA (public beta) patch 1.08 Release Candidate 11 (December 8, 2010)

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Let's all hope this will be official soon!!!!!

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_WIA_v1.08rc11.zip

Latest game engine, plus

Since RC10

* Fixed CTD caused by Model Detail window
* Fixed overlapping text for Abilities tooltip
* Adjusted positioning of text in 'Massive Reinforcements' events (like July 1776)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Paul Roberts

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks!

KG Erwin
Lieutenant

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Yes, thank you, gentlemen. I'll start a FIW Colonial Campaign tonight to see how things go.

However, I'll still wondering: where is "Fort Wilderness"? ;)

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Oh! That reminds me. In the 1755 COL variant campaign, COL line infantry never get replacements. All line INF replacements are GBR. Is this WAD? AFAIK, this was true for several patches.

5 acronyms!

lodilefty

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:34 pm

enf91 wrote:Oh! That reminds me. In the 1755 COL variant campaign, COL line infantry never get replacements. All line INF replacements are GBR. Is this WAD? AFAIK, this was true for several patches.

5 acronyms!

Sorry! I missed this post.

Currently is WAD. I just haven't found time to look at and see what is best solution.....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:56 pm

enf91 wrote:Oh! That reminds me. In the 1755 COL variant campaign, COL line infantry never get replacements. All line INF replacements are GBR. Is this WAD? AFAIK, this was true for several patches.

5 acronyms!

Here's what COL Regular (line) replacements should be happening:

1. Starting June 1755: 25% chance every 3 months for 1 GBR Regular and 1 COL Regular
2. Starting Jan. 1757, IF New York (Manhattan) is controlled by GBR, 25% chance every January for 1 GBR Regular and 1 COL Regular
3. Starting Jan. 1757, IF Philadelphia is controlled by GBR, 25% chance every January for 1 GBR Regular and 1 COL Regular
4. Starting Jan. 1757, IF Charleston, SC is controlled by GBR, 25% chance every January for 1 GBR Regular and 1 COL Regular

So, they should appear, but only a few.
WAD (unless the events aren't working :blink :)

[color="Blue"]Edit: Events are WAD. So, on average you should get 1-2 COL Line Inf per year if you hold the three major cities [/color] :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:02 pm

in the War of independence campaign, one british ship usually stuck(hope the right word :) ) in halifax for transport replacements.(Shallow water restriction)

Also near the end of campaign there is nearly 170 militia replacements for GB very few line inf replacement. Is it possible to convert them to line inf with options like in ROP(twice a year maybe)

And also once a year can the british build some transport ships or send from mainland via options :)

lodilefty

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Baris wrote:in the War of independence campaign, one british ship usually stuck(hope the right word :) ) in halifax for transport replacements.(Shallow water restriction)

Also near the end of campaign there is nearly 170 militia replacements for GB very few line inf replacement. Is it possible to convert them to line inf with options like in ROP(twice a year maybe)

And also once a year can the british build some transport ships or send from mainland via options :)

Please post a save game showing the ship "stuck" in Halifax.

I don't see any "conversion"option in the RoP database. :confused: Can you be more specific? (screenshot or Database reference)

Adding Options is very time consuming, and time is precious right now..
Perhaps a good mod opportunity :)

Thank you for your feedback :coeurs:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:31 pm

I can give name of the ship :) "West Florida". receive schooner elements in Halifax harbour or any other locations with harbour(above level 3) that has ocean movement. After that, ship can not sail to ocean.

In ROP militia replacements were somehow unused or not so much practical that new military option added as military to line inf exchange.

GB transport capable ships are so low in number, so some purchased units can not be transported from Halifax.

Wia is very addictive game :thumbsup:
and yes creating options can be time consuming at this time.

lodilefty

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Baris wrote:I can give name of the ship :) "West Florida". receive schooner elements in Halifax harbour or any other locations with harbour(above level 3) that has ocean movement. After that, ship can not sail to ocean.

In ROP militia replacements were somehow unused or not so much practical that new military option added as military to line inf exchange.

GB transport capable ships are so low in number, so some purchased units can not be transported from Halifax.

Wia is very addictive game :thumbsup:
and yes creating options can be time consuming at this time.

West Florida is WAD, but needs review. It is supposed to remain a single ship, so perhaps we'll need to revise it's Unit definition. :blink:

hmmm, Maybe I don't have latest RoP DB :bonk:

If we relax the limitation on transport for GBR, I fear game balance issues: that change is a major testing effort. Again: great opportunity for a mod! :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:43 pm

lodilefty wrote:If we relax the limitation on transport for GBR, I fear game balance issues: that change is a major testing effort. Again: great opportunity for a mod! :w00t:

Yes I agree, but in Pbem games when French or spain join the battle it is very important to have ocean transport ships. I was thinking like 40 transport capacity ship purchase every 1 year maybe. but I understand it can unbalance scenario, thanks :)

edit: maybe only one more event for GB to have ocean transport ship, not via options.

Anazagar
Lieutenant

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:47 pm

lodilefty wrote:hmmm, Maybe I don't have latest RoP DB :bonk:

In the last patch i think there was indroduced an option to convert 2 militia chits into one regular for the major countries for about 2 ep and some money.

lodilefty

Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Anazagar wrote:In the last patch i think there was indroduced an option to convert 2 militia chits into one regular for the major countries for about 2 ep and some money.

Found it. DB files being sent to me. :w00t:

...but I still probably won't have time to get all this into this patch :(
[CENTER][/CENTER]

simovitch
Corporal

RC11 can't enter unoccupied city?

Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:39 am

Playing the FIW campaign with latest beta patch as French and I've been trying to capture Ft. Halifax, but nothing happens! No enemy is in there, I checked the AI side.

It says I own 100% of the region, but that I'm just besieging the city. Tried to enter it by attacking several times to no avail, meanwhile my guys are freezing and deserting.
saved game files attached (I think):
Attachments
Backup1.zip
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 256 times

PhilThib

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:07 am

I believe it's because Indian units are considered as raiders and cannot capture forts by them alone (they need some "whitemen" units too). But they can burn it down :cool:

Narwhal

Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:27 am

This would need a tooltip when you put the cursor on the stack "This stack cannot capture structures", because when I started playing this game it happened to me and I did not understand why my Indians / Irregulars cannot take buildings.

It is all the more confusing since many players (including me) will first train with the Pequot War scenario, in which Indians can take structures.

Plus, I never know whether cav can take structures.

simovitch
Corporal

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:44 pm

PhilThib wrote:I believe it's because Indian units are considered as raiders and cannot capture forts by them alone (they need some "whitemen" units too). But they can burn it down :cool:

There were French Courriers elements (Deschamp) in the stack with the natives until they finally deserted, leaving Deschamp by himself.

Also weird in this region, the tooltip says 100% French, but the region and the city flags show the Union Jack.

Anazagar
Lieutenant

Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:03 pm

simovitch wrote:There were French Courriers elements (Deschamp) in the stack with the natives until they finally deserted, leaving Deschamp by himself.

Also weird in this region, the tooltip says 100% French, but the region and the city flags show the Union Jack.

Light infrantry and raiders (like couriers and indians) cant capture structures if the loyalty of the region is for the opponent. at the end of the day Military control of a region is always given to the side controling the structure if a structure is present no matter the precentage.

simovitch
Corporal

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Ah... I didn't realize the Courriers were considered irregulars, thanks. I assume Cavalry units are quite the same in this regard as well?

Anazagar
Lieutenant

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:34 pm

simovitch wrote:Ah... I didn't realize the Courriers were considered irregulars, thanks. I assume Cavalry units are quite the same in this regard as well?

I'm not sure but I don't think so. The only cav unit type in the game is dragoons IIRC.

Mirandasucre
Lieutenant

oficial patch ?

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:32 am

a new oficial patch this month, or in few weaks ?

Pocus

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:10 pm

Patch is on hold for now, as the main contributor, Lodilefty, is not available for at least several weeks.

If you do spot code bugs though, I can always make a quick patch to fix the issue.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

simovitch
Corporal

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:37 pm

Pocus wrote:Patch is on hold for now, as the main contributor, Lodilefty, is not available for at least several weeks.

If you do spot code bugs though, I can always make a quick patch to fix the issue.

One bug I find annoying is when I lose an NM and several VP's when a couple of obscure elements surrender in some even more obscure outpost.

Can this be fixed, or is it really WAD?

Edit: I'm a little bitter because the GBR AI whupped me in the 1775 campaign. ;)

Hobbes

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:11 pm

Hi Philippe, I notice that I now get an empty selection when I attempt the following actions :-

SelectSubUnits Region $Laurium|Domains $Land
AlterCuSubUnit ApplyToList|Kill|Attempts 4|Probability 100

A land unit (leader) exists in the Laurium region but is not found.
I'm sure this used to work and a problem would affect many events.

Can you confirm if this is a bug - or if I have a syntax problem?

Log below :-

Line 5820: SelectFaction, selected: Great Britain
Line 5822: Started processing event: evt_nam_PhipsEngland1KW
Line 5822: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 1 <<Active>>
Line 5825: EvalEvent evaluated: Checking evt_nam_ExpeditionFail1KW 1 equal to 1 True
Line 5826: EvalRgnStruc: Checking 229 Boston for the presence of a particular structure True
Line 5827: EvalRgnStruc: Checking 242 Manhattan for the presence of a particular structure True
Line 5828: Unique unit: Sir William Phips found
Line 5830: Entering triggered actions for event evt_nam_PhipsEngland1KW
Line 5832: SelectFaction, selected: Great Britain
Line 5833: Select Unique Unit, found: Great Britain Phips's Army Phips in Boston
Line 5834: MoveUnit: Phips is now in region Laurium
Line 5835: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 0 SubUnits Selected: 0
Line 5836: [WARNING] AlterCuSubUnit: Selection is empty (Apply To List)
Line 5838: Finished processing event: evt_nam_PhipsEngland1KW

Cheers, Chris

Pocus

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:42 pm

I don't see anything weird. And the command is not touched since some time. Are you adamant there is a land element in the region when the test trigger, for the selected faction?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hobbes

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Pocus wrote:I don't see anything weird. And the command is not touched since some time. Are you adamant there is a land element in the region when the test trigger, for the selected faction?

There is. I will do some more tests over the weekend to try and get a bit more info. Maybe a missing alias or something?

I'll post next week.

Cheers, Chris

Pocus

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Laurium is a valid alias?

Hobbes

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Pocus wrote:Laurium is a valid alias?

Hi Philippe, Laurium is a valid region. Units are moved into it fine - but when I try to remove them I get the problem.

I tried a test today in Boston (events attached). The test executes a SelectSubUnits using domains $Naval and $Land. There are plenty of both types in the region but the command returns 0.

Is there anything I can check with my current install that might cause this error? I am using WiA 1.08 release candidate 11.

Log :-

Line 5767: ------------------------------
Line 5771: SelectFaction, selected: Great Britain
Line 5774: SelectFaction, selected: Great Britain
Line 5776: Started processing event: evt_nam_Test1KW
Line 5776: This event is not yet referenced, base number of allowed occurences 999
Line 5779: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 0 SubUnits Selected: 0
Line 5780: EvalSubUnitCount: Great Britain Selected SUs: 0 against 1 - Operator: >= Result: False
Line 5786: Finished processing event: evt_nam_Test1KW
Line 5786: ------------------------------
Line 5788: SelectFaction, selected: Great Britain
Line 5790: Started processing event: evt_nam_Test2KW
Line 5790: This event is not yet referenced, base number of allowed occurences 999
Line 5793: SelectSubUnits finished Regions Selected: 0 SubUnits Selected: 0
Line 5794: EvalSubUnitCount: Great Britain Selected SUs: 0 against 1 - Operator: >= Result: False
Line 5800: Finished processing event: evt_nam_Test2KW
Line 5800: ------------------------------

Cheers, Chris
Attachments
William1.zip
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 213 times

Pocus

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:53 pm

I don't see anything weird, could you reproduce that using a standard scenario? (unless you give me what I need of your scenario)

Hobbes

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:17 pm

I'll play around with it a bit more this weekend Philippe. If I can't come up with anything I will try to put a test event into a standard scenario.

Cheers, Chris

Return to “Help to improve WIA”