SEPRUS

Patch 1.01 Release Candidate 2

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:25 am

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/Revolution_Under_Siege/Patch_RUS101rc2.exe

Changes compared to RC1:

a) no more graphics installed in the wrong place :neener:

b) More precise ‘in construction’ indicator on unit (the red/white progress strip)

c) revised loyalty changes from decisions (aka Spec Ops)

Nb: for those that installed RC1, as RC1 added some graphics files in excess, it can be better to install completely again your setup and then update to RC2 when available. There is no side effects except a bit of wasted hard drive space though if you don't do so... ;)

SEPRUS

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:25 am

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"][CENTER]
Revolution under Siege[/CENTER][/size][/color]

[SIZE="4"]December 3rd, 2010 – Patch 1.01 release candidate 2[/size]
The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version.

This readme can be found as a document named RUS Update.rtf in the game folder, after patch's installation.

Code improvements and fixes
*You can now abort the construction of a unit, if you select his stack and hit ‘delete’ (suppr key for the French). This can work for all stacks containing just ordered units (and only them). You get full refund.
*Units’ abilities now display their ‘appliance’ (range of effect) by code.
* Entrench indicator now give more details (nearby the envelope icon, selected stack)
*No Winter map option in Options|System Tab, to reduce memory load on smaller config .
*Damages from lack of supply reworked (more logical) and reduced in impact.
*Air bombardment bug fixed
*More adequate sounds when using armored trains.
* Special operations now take only 2 turns and the end result can be seen in a tooltip.
* More precise ‘in construction’ indicator on unit (the red/white progress strip)

AI Fix
* Major AI war plans improvements for all scenarios.
* AI now uses Regional Decisions better
* Better leader use
* Better build priorities
* Bug fixes in AI war plans in Polish War and Ice March scenarios
* AI doesn’t destroy anymore the railways of his allies.

New rules
* Revolts - The Green (peasants) faction can now trigger revolt dynamically in any region that has at least 51% loyalty to her.
* Ships replacements – Ships now use spare parts to be repaired. This prevents the code to use up money and war supply automatically for that. This was one of the reasons why your stockpile was always lower than expected on new turn.

Map and DB Fix

* Fixed missing rail link between Pskov and Porkhov
* Renamed "Moors" terrain to "Deep forest"
* Removed Blizzard weather in Deserts in summer months (defective sandstorm treatment)
* Fixed (moved) the rail destroy symbol in Rezevha

* Fixed some abilities values and symbols
* Fixed Rank values for CinC leaders and 4**** leaders
* Changed NATO symbols of conscripts infantry and cavalry to bear a C

* Added new graphics for some partisan, greens and anarchists units

* Fixed some missing leaders images (as per OneArmedmexican remarks on the forum)
* Changed most models costs ($, conscripts and war supplies) to better balance the game's economy
* Adjusted some money income missing in key regional capitals and ports, also improved income to whites from British foreign aid.
* Doubled the VP cost of Western Allies troops to prevent/penalize suicidal behavior with them
* Fix assignment and colors of Siberian artillery (and a few other support units) and of DON replacements/minimap
* Fix missing or wrongly name portraits for RED leaders Snesarev and Miezheninov

Events Fix
* Several typos in event scripting fixed
* Added missing image for event Yudenich army
* Added missing image for event Prince Lieven and Krasnov (Drang scenario)
* Fixed EvalWSU error in event Irkutstk Factory
* Added events to influx Western financial aid to the whites

Pending (official 1.01 or later)
* Replacement interface will get a slight overhaul for clarity of use.
* The major expenses of your nation will be monitored then indicated at the start of each turn.

Clovis

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:37 am

After installing the patch, please unrar the hotfix:

- place the RGNDecisions folder in the RUS/Gamedata folder
-place the RGDAI.sct file in the RUS/Events folder

These files will be part of the officila patch. They fix AI problems with RGD and lower loss of National Morale when using NM
Attachments
Hotfix1.rar
(4.46 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

SEPRUS

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Patch available .... now!

Raidhaennor
Private

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:12 pm

The hotfix posted by Clovis earlier is included in this patch then ?

Thanks for your hard work.

Clovis

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Raidhaennor wrote:The hotfix posted by Clovis earlier is included in this patch then ?

Thanks for your hard work.

Yes :thumbsup:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:26 pm

[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Flop
Major

Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Thanks. Just to be sure, this doesn't break savegames, does it?

Clovis

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Flop wrote:Thanks. Just to be sure, this doesn't break savegames, does it?

No. main change is for the patch itself :bonk: . Some new features will not work maybe on a save game, but that should be very rare, a notable example being the lack of dynamic Green revolts though.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

beuckelssen

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Great news!!

I didn´t start a GC because the reports of the requisition bugs. But nothing can stop me now! :thumbsup:

Flop
Major

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Clovis wrote:No. main change is for the patch itself :bonk: . Some new features will not work maybe on a save game, but that should be very rare.

Great, thanks.

petebeadle
Conscript

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:18 pm

2 patches over the weekend? We are spoiled! Thanks for giving up your spare time for this.

Clovis

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:24 pm

petebeadle wrote:2 patches over the weekend? We are spoiled! Thanks for giving up your spare time for this.

We would have prefered only one :D Thanks
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

barbu
Captain

Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:35 pm

The game is really shaping up into a great one. :cool:

ussdefiant
Corporal

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:18 pm

Questions:

1) Kurganinsk appears to be a Southern White objective region despite the complete lack of a town or anything interesting except a railway. Perhaps that was meant to be Maikop or Grozny or one of the other towns east of Ekatinodar?

2) Are there actually any AutoRaised militias and such for Krasnov's Patriot ability to be used on, or is that just for show?

Edit:
Looking at the host log file, i see that the Commies are busy trying to raise some Commissars and supplies, but appear to be failing:

10:59:15 AM [Warning ] THost.CheckGameActorsTransaction UnitDef 115 Political Commissars has no Area specified.
10:59:15 AM [Warning ] THost.CheckGameActorsTransaction UnitDef 126 Supply has no Area specified.

Also, the game appears to be trying to Normalize Loyalties on every sea region, as well as a bunch of things i think are supposed to be for VGN only.

Edit Of Edit: Oh Oh, Northern White Peasants apparently require a harbour with heavy construction ability to supply them with pitchforks.

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:21 am

Installed 1.01 RC2 over a working game, no problems. The fixed railway links are a godsent (Pskov-Porkov, THAT was hurting me before). Requisition and various other options are also available now. New graphics here and there are always welcome. That was the most important stuff, right?

There were some small things not working in 1.00, but from now no one can blame you. Not that it reduced my enjoyment in the least ..

Thanks for the quick resolution.

Clovis

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:27 am

ussdefiant wrote:Questions:

1) Kurganinsk appears to be a Southern White objective region despite the complete lack of a town or anything interesting except a railway. Perhaps that was meant to be Maikop or Grozny or one of the other towns east of Ekatinodar?

2) Are there actually any AutoRaised militias and such for Krasnov's Patriot ability to be used on, or is that just for show?

Edit:
Looking at the host log file, i see that the Commies are busy trying to raise some Commissars and supplies, but appear to be failing:

10:59:15 AM [Warning ] THost.CheckGameActorsTransaction UnitDef 115 Political Commissars has no Area specified.
10:59:15 AM [Warning ] THost.CheckGameActorsTransaction UnitDef 126 Supply has no Area specified.

Also, the game appears to be trying to Normalize Loyalties on every sea region, as well as a bunch of things i think are supposed to be for VGN only.

Edit Of Edit: Oh Oh, Northern White Peasants apparently require a harbour with heavy construction ability to supply them with pitchforks.

1) we will check

2) i don't think so.Maybe a leftover of old design discardeed since.

3) We will look at. the good news is AI is trying to build commissars and supply. there is yet some work to normalize AI activity in this field but 1.01RC2 is the first step.

Normalizing Loyalties on sea: certainly. In any case, there areno side effects on RUS; We will report this to Ageod

Thanks for the report
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:36 am

GlobalExplorer wrote:Installed 1.01 RC2 over a working game, no problems. The fixed railway links are a godsent (Pskov-Porkov, THAT was hurting me before). Requisition and various other options are also available now. New graphics here and there are always welcome. That was the most important stuff, right?

There were some small things not working in 1.00, but from now no one can blame you. Not that it reduced my enjoyment in the least ..

Thanks for the quick resolution.

Regional policies (requisistionsand other s) are indeed the very important feature we wanted to fix, as this is the core of the "economical" system of RUS. Basically, we have designed this system to show why and how all factions had to pressure people to fight, creating miscontentment arousing in local green revolts. The lack of this feature was our main failurre for the initial release.

The second point is game blancing. We feel 1.01Rc2is a huge step toward balance between faction, even if some further improvments are certainly necessary to get a perfect result. Fortunatly we will have soon news about by players.

The third was to fiw some central events which were brokenand created CTD; Until now, I've not heard of a CTD caused by events.

We have yet to explicit many events to give players insight about consequencies of firing the in the game, fixing at least one CTD, and a bunch of typos and other small stuff.

Then AI has to be copleted fr some scenarios and enhanced on some points.

But indeed, we are rather convinced RUS to be in good shape with this patch.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

ussdefiant
Corporal

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:56 am

Another problem i've just noticed, Requistions/Conscription/Reforms seem to not be affecting loyalties in their provinces at all. Requisition, for instance, IS supposed to take 30 loyalty away from you in every region in the state and add it to the Greens, right? It seems to do nothing of the kind if i do in in Terek, with loyalty just staying at 49/49 Red/Green in Grozny. Also, doing reforms in the Kuban has offered disappointing results, with two doses result in at best 10% pro-White loyalty in the provinces there. What's the loyalty threshold supposed to be for building stuff in those cities?

Also, a few general questions:

1)Where are the Southern/Northern whites supposed to build their arty? Those decisions i see for building factories in Ekatinodar/Novochersakk would probably allow it in the South, but i see no feasable option for the Northerners to build out their arty pool except in maybe grabbing Petrograd.

2)Shouldn't Armoured Trains also require industry to build? Seems somewhat off to be able to build them in little Petrovsk-Port.

3) Are the Don Cossack LEADERS penalized for running around with White units outside the Don area? Mamontov just got promoted to two-star leader, and i'd love to load him, Bogaevsky, and Shukro up with all the cavalry in the build pool and let them rip agross to Tambov or Vororenz or maybe Astrakhan.

4) I've got an issue where the Volunteer Army and it's trains are sitting in the region east of Armavir in a 100%-commie region and is unable to move back west to it. It can still continue along into the Red-controlled rail east of it, though. None of the rail involved is damaged. I've got a save if you need it.

5) The Logistic Master icon on Deniken has changed to a black-and-white version in this update, and it looks somewhat off. Shouldn't it still be green and black?

6) Are there events for leveling up the just-arrived Wrangel, or do i have to do it the hard way?

Clovis

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:22 am

ussdefiant wrote:Another problem i've just noticed, Requistions/Conscription/Reforms seem to not be affecting loyalties in their provinces at all. Requisition, for instance, IS supposed to take 30 loyalty away from you in every region in the state and add it to the Greens, right? It seems to do nothing of the kind if i do in in Terek, with loyalty just staying at 49/49 Red/Green in Grozny. Also, doing reforms in the Kuban has offered disappointing results, with two doses result in at best 10% pro-White loyalty in the provinces there. What's the loyalty threshold supposed to be for building stuff in those cities?

Also, a few general questions:

1)Where are the Southern/Northern whites supposed to build their arty? Those decisions i see for building factories in Ekatinodar/Novochersakk would probably allow it in the South, but i see no feasable option for the Northerners to build out their arty pool except in maybe grabbing Petrograd.

2)Shouldn't Armoured Trains also require industry to build? Seems somewhat off to be able to build them in little Petrovsk-Port.

3) Are the Don Cossack LEADERS penalized for running around with White units outside the Don area? Mamontov just got promoted to two-star leader, and i'd love to load him, Bogaevsky, and Shukro up with all the cavalry in the build pool and let them rip agross to Tambov or Vororenz or maybe Astrakhan.

4) I've got an issue where the Volunteer Army and it's trains are sitting in the region east of Armavir in a 100%-commie region and is unable to move back west to it. It can still continue along into the Red-controlled rail east of it, though. None of the rail involved is damaged. I've got a save if you need it.

5) The Logistic Master icon on Deniken has changed to a black-and-white version in this update, and it looks somewhat off. Shouldn't it still be green and black?

6) Are there events for leveling up the just-arrived Wrangel, or do i have to do it the hard way?

No. The 30 loyalties are the sum of all Loyalty losses in provinces belonging to the same aera than the aera capital region, like Tla, Tver, Smolensk, etc.
Now indeed it's certainly too weak for balancing reasons...

more detailed analysis of Regional Policies effects on Laoyaly here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19598

1) S. Whites and artillery: WAD , Northern Whites are weak and in a almost devoided of any ressources aera. Take Petrograd !

2) Light or heavy armored Trains?

4) yes , send the save please
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

caranorn

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:46 am

Armoured trains were relatively easy to construct (just like armoured cars of the period). All it took was the existing engines and wagons, armour plating (for the heavy ones) to weld on and a few guns and/or machine guns to mount. But I'd agree that that requires some industrial capacity for the heavy ones...
Marc aka Caran...

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:44 pm

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19554
The download links of patch1.01RC1 should be removed, as RC1 is bad.

PhilThib

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Done. Thanks for the tip :cool:

OneArmedMexican
General

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Here is a list of things that seem wrong to me in the new patch RC:

1) Special operations: It is possible to requisition and conscript in regions that cannot be entered and wasn't historically under Southern White control.
[ATTACH]13875[/ATTACH]

For example: The Southern White shouldn't be able to conscript in Galicia that is still under German control.

Furthermore, I don't loose any loyalty in these regions when I rob them blind.
As a result, the Southern White suddenly has more ressources than he can spend. See the second picture where the white has accumulated some 1000 money and 500 consripts (after half a year).

2) Replacement ledger: Subfactions still occasionally disappear. Especially the North-Western Whites are only rarely available.

3) Logistics Master ability: icon doesn't show up correctly. Instead of green and black it appears black and white.

[ATTACH]13876[/ATTACH]

4) No army command for Mannerheim: Perhaps I am overlooking something, but Mannerheim is still the one general I cannot give an army command to.

5) This one is probably a Windows 7 problem: After applying the first release candidate I thought it wiser to reinstall the game. I made the not so smart decision to install it in my normal programs directory. For some reason the Revolution under Siege\RUS\Saves folder appears to be empty now. I am able to reload the campaign I played this morning, so the save game files must be somewhere. But even after enabling hidden objects in the options I am still not able to lay my hands on the those files. :(
Is there a second place where those saves may be stored or some trick I am not aware of? If yes I could upload the save game - as proof for points 1-4.

6) AI seems improved: Red made a very unexpected attack with the elite Latvians at Arkhangelsk and annihilated the Polar Bear Expedition. Never saw that one coming.
Attachments
rus11.jpg
rus10.jpg

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Rus

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Guys: Almost ready to buy this baby!! My download capability does not seem to be working now. Bought two games from Matrix that I can't download??!! Erik is working on them, I hope. t :love:

Clovis

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:38 pm

OneArmedMexican wrote:Here is a list of things that seem wrong to me in the new patch RC:

1) Special operations: It is possible to requisition and conscript in regions that cannot be entered and wasn't historically under Southern White control.
[ATTACH]13875[/ATTACH]

For example: The Southern White shouldn't be able to conscript in Galicia that is still under German control.

Furthermore, I don't loose any loyalty in these regions when I rob them blind.
As a result, the Southern White suddenly has more ressources than he can spend. See the second picture where the white has accumulated some 1000 money and 500 consripts (after half a year).

2) Replacement ledger: Subfactions still occasionally disappear. Especially the North-Western Whites are only rarely available.

3) Logistics Master ability: icon doesn't show up correctly. Instead of green and black it appears black and white.

[ATTACH]13876[/ATTACH]

4) No army command for Mannerheim: Perhaps I am overlooking something, but Mannerheim is still the one general I cannot give an army command to.

5) This one is probably a Windows 7 problem: After applying the first release candidate I thought it wiser to reinstall the game. I made the not so smart decision to install it in my normal programs directory. For some reason the Revolution under Siege\RUS\Saves folder appears to be empty now. I am able to reload the campaign I played this morning, so the save game files must be somewhere. But even after enabling hidden objects in the options I am still not able to lay my hands on the those files. :(
Is there a second place where those saves may be stored or some trick I am not aware of? If yes I could upload the save game - as proof for points 1-4.

6) AI seems improved: Red made a very unexpected attack with the elite Latvians at Arkhangelsk and annihilated the Polar Bear Expedition. Never saw that one coming.

1) Know problem to be fixed soon

Loyalty: please check first some explanation about RGD effects on loyalty here

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=194526&postcount=4

I've done some tests about this morning: loyalty is affected by RGD. Now it's maybe a balance problem

5) your save are certainly in another folder. Tip: start a game under a special name ( like ILOVE RUS ;) ) and do a search in Windows

6) Athena is suffering in the GC from curious construction priorities. I'm working on it presently.

Thanks for your support and your leader protraits :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

OneArmedMexican
General

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:50 pm

Clovis wrote:1) Know problem to be fixed soon

Loyalty: please check first some explanation about RGD effects on loyalty here

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=194526&postcount=4

I've done some tests about this morning: loyalty is affected by RGD. Now it's maybe a balance problem

5) your save are certainly in another folder. Tip: start a game under a special name ( like ILOVE RUS ;) ) and do a search in Windows

6) Athena is suffering in the GC from curious construction priorities. I'm working on it presently.

Thanks for your support and your leader protraits :)

1) Perhaps you could think about some cool-down period before the next action can be taken in the same region.
As concerns loyalty: after half a year of non-stop requisition/conscription I am still at 97% loyalty in Galicia.

2) If you take a look at the replacement ledger: in the present turn you should be unable to find the North-Western White. A few rounds earlier I could buy replacements for that sub-faction.

5) Great tip. Thank you! :thumbsup: At least the new save of my campaign was were it is supposed to be. I uploaded the save - at least my current turn is in there now.

Keep up the amazing work! RUS is a great game - in my opinion the best the AGE engine has seen so far. :)
Attachments
WhiteCampaign01a.rar
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 260 times

Clovis

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:03 pm

OneArmedMexican wrote:1) Perhaps you could think about some cool-down period before the next action can be taken in the same region.
As concerns loyalty: after half a year of non-stop requisition/conscription I am still at 97% loyalty in Galicia.

2) If you take a look at the replacement ledger: in the present turn you should be unable to find the North-Western White. A few rounds earlier I could buy replacements for that sub-faction.

5) Great tip. Thank you! :thumbsup: At least the new save of my campaign was were it is supposed to be. I uploaded the save - at least my current turn is in there now.

Keep up the amazing work! RUS is a great game - in my opinion the best the AGE engine has seen so far. :)

1) if Galicia is unplayable, it could explain the trouble. I've tested on workable aeras and there are definitly changes. we're going to raise Loyalty losses but the effect is yet present in the RC2.

5) OT: one great small program i use is named everything( do a Google search). It's the fastest search tool I ever seen for files...
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

ussdefiant
Corporal

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Clovis wrote:No. The 30 loyalties are the sum of all Loyalty losses in provinces belonging to the same aera than the aera capital region, like Tla, Tver, Smolensk, etc.
Now indeed it's certainly too weak for balancing reasons...

more detailed analysis of Regional Policies effects on Laoyaly here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19598

1) S. Whites and artillery: WAD , Northern Whites are weak and in a almost devoided of any ressources aera. Take Petrograd !

2) Light or heavy armored Trains?

4) yes , send the save please

2) Both varieties of train

4) Save is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?7ncmb5cr8we1fq9

To get the buggy stuff you'd have to step back one turn and look at the Volunteer Army. It's unable to move to the west or NW, but can to the East.

Also: How are loyalty reducing effects supposed to work in places with no loyalty to you already? I could just pillage Grozny or Stavropol indefinitely and they'd never rise up?

Chief Rudiger
Sergeant

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:21 pm

It seems as if you cannot enable army command if a three star general's stack contains locked units. This is apparent at the star of the Finnish Civil War scenario if you merge the 3 star General with the locked Baltflot stack of Sailors.

Also in this scenario, 2 Star General "Comrade A. Taimi" is not enableable as a Corp commander despite being in the command boundary of the Army commander and not being a division commander. It appears he is really a 1 star commander as when in the same stack as real 1 star commanders his portrait appears in seniority order with them, not to the left with the other real 2 star generals.

Return to “Help to improve RUS”