OneArmedMexican
General

Freak weather

Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:22 am

It has been discussed a lot wheather attrition is to hard in this game (and I think the developpers have already stated that they are working on this issue?). However that is only one side of the problem: the other is that harsh weather occurs very frequently. Nothing against a harsh winter or a muddy spring that part is very realistic. But harsh weather also occurs in the middle of the summer months. And that strikes me as unbelievable.

Here is a screenshot from a recent campaign which shows should highlight what I mean:

[ATTACH]13791[/ATTACH]

A blizzard in Southern Russia (the screen depicts the region just east of Tzaritsyn) in August? :bonk:

It might be worthwhile checking the code regulating the weather.
Attachments
rus4.jpg

Cat Lord

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:14 am

Yeah there are a few glitches with the weather, like the Mediteranean freezing in winter, from times to times. :D

Cat
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

Alexor
Lieutenant

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:34 am

Well actually harsh weather in Siberian summers is more like +40 degrees and clouds of mosquitos...nice attrition too !

PhilThib

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:37 am

Well, in the AGE engine, harsh summer weather is supposed to be sandstorms in the desertic areas...looks like the texts and graphics are all messed up :(

Florent

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:36 pm

7Did you select an option with attrition ?
I have done nothing in the option and i have no problem with attrition, yes there is some but i would say it's OK for me. I play the Reds. And i have to get some Commissars...
I can tell you that RoP early version had REALLY a problem.

Return to “Help to improve RUS”