von Sachsen
Captain

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:54 pm

I got a critical error on Colonial 1755, in October of '57. Here is the log.

EDIT: Ok, here you go.
Attachments
current turn.rar
(119.95 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Backup1.rar
(234.71 KiB) Downloaded 267 times

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

lodilefty

Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:43 pm

von Sachsen wrote:I got a critical error on Colonial 1755, in October of '57. Here is the log.

We'll need the saved game.

Current turn files and sub-folder \Backup1
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:06 pm

von Sachsen wrote:I got a critical error on Colonial 1755, in October of '57. Here is the log.

EDIT: Ok, here you go.

These are not correct game files: they are from 1756.... :confused:

Worse: the current folder is November 1756, the backup is from July 1756... :blink:

Please try again. :)

NOTE: adding the data to your post via "edit" is not good: I don't recieve any notice of an update, and so it was simply serendepity that I even found your files..... please reply, not edit, when adding data... :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Pocus

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:06 am

Beta patch 6

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_WIA_v1.08rc6.zip

baring a major bug, this will be the official patch (a new link will be provided).

Some events tweaked, some bugs fixed in the code.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ebbingford

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:47 pm

This looks like a wrong message or wrong unit name being used.

My force under Contrecoeur has arrived in Shananda and then I'm told they have been defeated.
But what has actually happened is I have won whatever battle occurred and the fort that was there has been destroyed.
Save and backup attached if needed.
Attachments
1.jpg
message.rar
(563.6 KiB) Downloaded 262 times

Gray_Lensman

Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Ebbingford wrote:This looks like a wrong message or wrong unit name being used.

My force under Contrecoeur has arrived in Shananda and then I'm told they have been defeated.
But what has actually happened is I have won whatever battle occurred and the fort that was there has been destroyed.

Similar issues exist in the AACW beta update patch. It must be an AGE engine issue.

lodilefty

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Ebbingford wrote:This looks like a wrong message or wrong unit name being used.

hmmm, I'm guessing that since the saved game you attached is for AUS vs. PRU, that it is not what you intended to send :wacko: :D

:)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Whoops, must have had a senior moment. :blink:

Try this one instead, backup1 is the turn in question. :D
Attachments
ThisOneInstead.rar
(494.88 KiB) Downloaded 262 times

lodilefty

Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:57 pm

This was [color="Red"]NOT a code issue[/color], but rather a minor rewording of a text string "override" that got reversed. :bonk:

Unzip the attached into \WIA\Settings to correct the message.

Thank you! :thumbsup: :coeurs:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:13 pm

in 1775 -83 campaign, light warship in Halifax can not enter ocean square as there is 2 elements of ships that has shallow water movement. 1 element missing in the unit. does it mean it can move after replenishing one more element? similar one is in Louisiana in Dartmouth harbour. I wasn't sure if it is a bug or wad?

[ATTACH]12704[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Thanks Anazagar ! :) It also happens in Jamaica unfortunately.
Attachments
light warship.jpg

Anazagar
Lieutenant

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Baris wrote:in 1775 -83 campaign, light warship in Halifax can not enter ocean square as there is 2 elements of ships that has shallow water movement. 1 element missing in the unit. does it mean it can move after replenishing one more element? similar one is in Louisiana in Dartmouth harbour. I wasn't sure if it is a bug or wad?

It's wad - West Florida tends to get schooner elements which mean it can't enter ocean. A bit unnerving when it happens in a place it can't get out of because of that (like Halifax or Jamaica)

Hohenlohe

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:51 am

I think that it will be possible to prevent that some ships will get bateaux or schooner elements by giving the unit in an extra stack an attack posture.
Just one thought of mine. I always try to give certain units the upcoming replacements especially the grenadiers or Highlanders. It happens not everytime but in most cases you set these units in passive mode they will get a replacement if some is available in their area as I have understand.

heartly greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

lobbying in Europe

Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:32 pm

Yes, this can be pretty bad when you need transport capacity especially for British. Purchased supplies can not be transported when there is schooner elements replaced. Suitable harbours are usually in Halifax.

After I select as GB Lobbying in Europe(-1 foreign entry) USA gained 4 foreign entry points in that turn. in the next turn and the other turns they got 3 FE. is it WAD? And is that option usefull in the long run? (needs 20 EP)

lodilefty

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:40 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”