lodilefty

ROP Public Beta 1.03 Release Candidate 3 (November 24, 2010)

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:13 pm

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/Patch_ROP103rc3.zip

Fixes since RC2:

* Town color and region owner displays
* Unit build times (I think :blink :)

New policy: new patch = new thread

Enjoy!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

barbu
Captain

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:23 pm

Thank you, thank you :w00t:

Matto
Colonel

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:24 pm

I possible use with ROP103rc1 save?

lodilefty

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Matto wrote:I possible use with ROP103rc1 save?

I think so, as the DB is unchanged....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Jarkko
Colonel

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Hmmm... looking at that amazingly long change-log ( ;) ) for this RC (compared to the previous one, that is) I think it is pretty safe to bet 1.03 will be released pretty soon now? :)

Time to dust off RoP in preparation for that AAR campaign I've been planning for quite a while now :)
There are three kinds of people: Those who can can count and those who can't.

lodilefty

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Jarkko wrote:Hmmm... looking at that amazingly long change-log ( ;) ) for this RC (compared to the previous one, that is) I think it is pretty safe to bet 1.03 will be released pretty soon now? :)

Time to dust off RoP in preparation for that AAR campaign I've been planning for quite a while now :)

Barring any "game stoppers", this should be official soon....

...of course, everyone has their own opinion of what a "game stopper" is, so the ultimate arbiter of that is (as usual) the "Court of Phils"
:mdr:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

barbu
Captain

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:20 am

Before reading the rest of the post please keep in mind that what is described below happens with 1.01b as well, so it might not be a bug, but WAD.

Loading a saved game changes all the historical names into the game's standard unit numerotation/naming system.

Example: Stadtgarison Magdeburg becomes 32. Prussian Detachment
The Hannover large forces named Right Wing and Centre become Imhoff Force and Zastrow's Column.

Observation: User-given names stay the same.
Observation 2: This happens also when playing as the Austrians.
Observation 3: I've uninstalled the game, deleted the folder, re-installed it, added the patch, didn't use any mods, and the problem still appears.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:32 am

Thank you Lodilefty!
Unit build times are much better. In Candidate 1, it was 9 turns for Line depot bns to be ready. Now it needs 9 turns(90 days?) for Elite depot bns to be ready.In earlier patches it was much quicker if I remember correctly.
Units in construction gain cohesion at 0.50 rate.It was 1.15 or something before Candidate 1. I hope it doesnt result lack of replacements for both sides.

Edit: Maybe there should be another rule for construction time of depot bns.
IMHO line depot 3 and Elite taking 6 turns are much better. What do you think?

Edit 2: 5 or 6 turns needed for Line inf bns to be built currently.

Construction of non-depot units like regular infantry needs 90 days.( So it needs 9 turns to be built which is long I think. Cavalry also needs more time to be built.
If construction times adjusted from ACW, it doesnt work well in ROP IMHO, because depot bns should be constructed for replacements. Replacements and newly built units needs same time to be ready currently.

edit 3: Construction of most regular inf has 60 days. Some Elite units takes 90 days.(Thats ok) but replacements also take 90 and 60 days.(3 replacements chits appear after 1 bns constructed. Maybe it is better for bns units to replenish 6 elements if construction times are ok.

barbu
Captain

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:42 pm

"X Thalers" instead of "X Thousand Thalers" still present in a few places: Danzig multi-choice for Prussia, the 'Raise more money' diplomatic choice for Prussia.

This is minor stuff, anyhow, the game is really engrossing, I'm in late 1757 and Prussia is in big trouble :w00t: .

Edit: The 3-star English Duke doesn't appear in Hannover or anywhere else when the log text says he should. Maybe it's because Zastrow of HAN had already died in my game? (the changelog says * Fixed Duke of Cumberland arrival to ensure he joins Zastrow of HAN, not Zastrow of PRU). Secondly, as Prussia I had the choice of getting English reinforcements in Bremen. A few harbor fortress units got there, but the main English force arrived in Emden. The log said they arrived in "Bremmen".

Please tell me which files you want me to upload, if any.

The game is still awesome ;)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Yes the game is near perfect state, I enjoy very much. :)

In the screenshot there is battle which results as draw. Austrians lost 7200 men. In the same turn Daun lost a battle in Prag and Austrians lost 7 NM and 6000 men. Which is very realistic. Battle results about NM loss or gain are very logical. :thumbsup:
But when the battle result is draw, is there any NM loss or gain?

Second thing is Cavalry needs some depot bns. Even cavalry only sent for scouting, because of attrition it can lose strenght. As there is not enough cavalry replacements they stay depleted and wait for replacements.

[ATTACH]13597[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13602[/ATTACH]
Attachments
pic4.jpg
pic2.jpg

barbu
Captain

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:31 am

To confirm my post above, in a new game I started (again as Prussia), the Duke of Cumberland appears if Zastrow of HAN is still alive.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Ferdinand to Hannover desicion.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 am

Before the decision event fired, My original Ferdinand :) promoted to 3 star status. In the Event I choose the 3rd option which is to create 2 star Ferdinand in Hannover region and remove the Prussian version of the same type and receive Franz Ferdinand instead. This option has lesser morale loss.

In Next turns same Fredinand with same abilities but lower strategic rating and different nationality appear in hannover. The original stay the same as 3 star. They both entitled as Ferdinand von Brunswick.

Ebbingford

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:49 am

Looks like something is missing here....

Attachments
1.jpg

Ebbingford

Conscripts per turn problem

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Playing as Prussia in the long campaign the tooltip over the conscript pool at the top of the screen informs me that I am getting 48 per turn.
I added up all the conscript points that show with the supply filter on and the total including British, Hanoverian, and Hesse controlled towns was 48. So far so good. :thumbsup:
At the end of the current turn my conscript pool was showing 135.
The next turn it was only 158. :blink:
Ok, so if you subtract all those conscript points in Hanover, Hesse and Britain, which is 13, I should still be getting 35 a turn. When those areas become playable then I'm guessing that I would be getting the full 48 per turn, but until then it's only 35.
My NM is 119 so that shouldn't be reducing anything. And I only took one option that was going to cost 2 conscript points.
By my reckoning I should have had at least 33 conscipts added to my total, giving me 168.
But I've only had 23 added.. :p leure:
Where are all the conscripts going...... I'm being diddled out of 10 a turn, it's hard enough finding manpower playing as the Prussians as it is, don't need this as well. :D
Save attached if needed.
Attachments
conscripts.rar
(636.93 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

lodilefty

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:03 pm

Baris wrote:Before the decision event fired, My original Ferdinand :) promoted to 3 star status. In the Event I choose the 3rd option which is to create 2 star Ferdinand in Hannover region and remove the Prussian version of the same type and receive Franz Ferdinand instead. This option has lesser morale loss.

In Next turns same Fredinand with same abilities but lower strategic rating and different nationality appear in hannover. The original stay the same as 3 star. They both entitled as Ferdinand von Brunswick.

Please post save game here with the turn that the two Ferdinands appear and the two previous turns.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Playing as Prussia I had the following error message pop up during turn processing.

[Error ] ManageHQStacks Erroneous Logic while forming HQStacks, please report to the team. 1007585 Austrian Detachment

Save and backup attached.
Attachments
hqerror.rar
(662.28 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:54 pm

lodilefty wrote:Please post save game here with the turn that the two Ferdinands appear and the two previous turns.

I deleted the save :bonk: there were many safe files.
But I tried 3 or 4 times again and Im nearly sure when Prussian Ferdinand get 3 star, Hannover desicion with the 3rd one that adds 2-star twin does prevent the Original one to vanish.
In this save file twin is in second in command for the Original. I need some boost against the French and Austrians :D if it will help you.

Also Prussian desicion about English Regiments to Bremen needs some delay after diplomatic option appear.I think it needs Granby forces to appear first. or Granby force appear with that option but not in Bremen not sure :blink: :)
Attachments
Campaign 56-630.rar
(480.12 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

lodilefty

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Baris wrote:I deleted the save :bonk: there were many safe files.
But I tried 3 or 4 times again and Im nearly sure when Prussian Ferdinand get 3 star, Hannover desicion with the 3rd one that adds 2-star twin does prevent the Original one to vanish.
In this save file twin is in second in command for the Original. I need some boost against the French and Austrians :D if it will help you.

Also Prussian desicion about English Regiments to Bremen needs some delay after diplomatic option appear.I think it needs Granby forces to appear first. or Granby force appear with that option but not in Bremen not sure :blink: :)

Interesting, but without the turns where you actually chose the option (in July 1757), I cannot debug this.

Can you zip the entire saved game including all of it's \Backup folders? It may go back far enough.

It will be rather large, but if you go through the subfolders and deletee all of the Replay files (Replay_PRU.rpl) it might get small enough to be uploaded....
....or create several archives, with a bunch of \Backup folders in each....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:35 pm

I hope it works. My thanks for your attention.
Attachments
3- Campaign 56-630.rar
(3.14 MiB) Downloaded 226 times
2-Campaign 56-630.rar
(4 MiB) Downloaded 233 times
1- Campaign 56-630.rar
(4.32 MiB) Downloaded 224 times

lodilefty

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Baris wrote:I hope it works. My thanks for your attention.

All seems WAD in July 1757: the event cannot find the 2 star Ferdinand, and so aborts, no option to pick...
...and does not trigger the remainder of 1757

:confused: :confused:

Two questions:
1. What version was this game started under?
2. Do you recall WHEN (turn date) the option appeared??????
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Game started under candidate 3.
To test the event I clicked CTrL-save to create a new folder in the same turn the event about choices fired. It was called test 1. The original file and test 1 gave the same results about 2 Ferdinand with different rank, after selecting 3rd option in the event.

I then created test 2 folder to check what will happen when I select the first option. In test 2 none of the outcome of the events worked or give notification in message log after I select historical choice or any choice.
It is clean install and direct patch to candidate 3. I hope my ram does't corrupting anything :confused:

Actually "Ferdinand to Hannover" event should't fire when Ferdinand is 3 star General?

Edit: Thanks :)

lodilefty

Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Baris wrote:<snip>
Actually "Ferdinand to Hannover" event should't fire when Ferdinand is 3 star General?

correct. hence my confusion...

To make ths worse, I did find the turn you had this event, reloaded, ran it and the event triggered as it did for you. :w00t:

Then I tinkered with commands, got no useful result, but when I then put it all back to "standard" the MC Event did not trigger! :blink: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Phoo. I'll look at it again later (like, tomorrow) :neener:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:46 pm

The message about "hundreds of prisoners" is better, but would probably be better still as "00 prisoners".
However the other message that you see with this is still showing as "000 muskets". I picture spaghetti western bandit types with guns sticking out everywhere, 10 each. :blink:

Anazagar
Lieutenant

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Something strange happened to me last two turns in my Prussia gc game.

My main army under the king has obliterated one of the austrian armies under Prince Charles Alexander of Lorraine (bout 20k losses for prussians and +40k losses on their side). The strange part being that about 20 consecutive battles between the two armies took place (plus some offensive movement on my side the first turn).
Attachments
turn.rar
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 241 times

lodilefty

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Looks like something is missing here....

Fixed for next patch update :)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:11 pm

barbu wrote: <snip>

Edit: The 3-star English Duke doesn't appear in Hannover or anywhere else when the log text says he should. Maybe it's because Zastrow of HAN had already died in my game? (the changelog says * Fixed Duke of Cumberland arrival to ensure he joins Zastrow of HAN, not Zastrow of PRU). Secondly, as Prussia I had the choice of getting English reinforcements in Bremen. A few harbor fortress units got there, but the main English force arrived in Emden. The log said they arrived in "Bremmen".

Please tell me which files you want me to upload, if any.

The game is still awesome ;)

hi-ho hi-ho, it's off to test I go.....

Please upload saved files with enough \Backup subfolders to, um, back up :wacko:

Thanks!!! :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve RoP”